Episode 114 — Hats Off to Caruso

32 replies to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:02 PM

The Earwolf studio is experiencing a British Invasion! They're coming to Attack the Block and we're too Spaced to call the Hot Fuzz. It feels like Earwolf Vs. The World and hopefully we won't end up (Shaun of the) Dead (okay, I'm done now). Joe Cornish and Edgar Wright are our special guests who earn their keep in a heated game of Hollywood Facts and a rousing round of Would You Rather. Representing for the US of A is songwriter and entrepreneur Martin Riley who helps us with the creative process of penning a tune for a special occasion. Go see Attack the Block and check out Martin's friend Matt Besser on Earwolf's very own competition show The Earwolf Challenge.

#2 David Thomas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:56 PM

I think E.D. may have mislabelled an episode of Doug Loves Movies...

(edit: based on listening to none of the episode)

#3 BenV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:15 AM

Boom! Donated a day of studio time. Better get that studio. Fun episode too, big fan of both lads.

#4 Harry Race

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:40 AM

When I saw Joe Cornish's name next to the episode number I got excited enough to finally join the website, donation coming soon

#5 Julia Hays

Earwolf Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey native. New to Los Angeles.

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:23 AM

Scott is infiltrating two of my TV favorite shows this week?! Nice plugs, sir.

#6 Ben1326657701

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:41 AM

It's weird to hear two people behind some of my favorite shows when I was in my early teens talk about them a decade later on an American comedy podcast. Felt like Joe Cornish kind of just wanted to promote his film and get out at first, it got a bit annoying how many plugs there were for Attack the Block throughout the show, (although it's understandable in his position) but once he and Edgar both relaxed into the format they did well and they got some good material out of Matt Besser's character.

Although an episode that's only an hour long always makes me think there were lots of awkward bits that that didn't work so well that were cut out.

#7 laserheart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:04 AM

STEPHEN!

#8 Arthur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:20 AM

Just Coming!

#9 Swass

Old Detroit Resistance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationLawrence, KS

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:23 AM

Wow, never thought I'd hear a Riley Martin impression on here. And I think Samm the Ma'amm is "Little Wolverine." I mean, come on, "Tiny Wolverine" is just mean.

#10 Sean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationColumbus

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:41 AM

Absolutely amazing guests!

#11 Gerard Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:27 AM

Odd to have Cornballs on the show and not play a single song wars track. Nonsense nonsense nonsense!

#12 Brendan H

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:12 AM

Is it just me, or does Joe Cornish's voice bear a striking similarity to R.O. Mance? Just add reverb.

#13 Steve K.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:27 AM

Is there anyway that Engineer Frank can rework the audio to have the British accents sound more Belizean Creole?

#14 Zach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:49 AM

Monday is my favorite day of the week because of this show. Wonderful episode. One question though, how the fuck did the new guests get in the studio what with the dogpocalypse still under way? I need closure with my doomsday scenarios.

#15 Charles H

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:00 PM

I gotta say... what about a move called Robbins n' Caruso. Tim Robbins and David Caruso are stranded on a desert island...

#16 Ben1326657701

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:53 PM

The dogpocalypse was offset by carmageddon.

#17 El Presidente

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

Hollywood Facts killed me this week, especially the movies with colons-Road To Wellville-Joan Cusack as Banderas's future wife stretch.

#18 Barry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:41 AM

I gotta say, I was a little uncomfortable when I thought the movie was "Attack the Black" instead of "Attack the Block".

#19 SamEyeAm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:23 AM

Oh man, I can only imagine how livid dude gets when he hears that bastardized version of "Happy Birthday" that goes "Happy birthday to you, you live in a zoo...".

#20 Julia Hays

Earwolf Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey native. New to Los Angeles.

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:27 AM

@Sam... And I wonder how he feels about restaurants that write their own lame birthday songs to avoid singing his song?