🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 12 — Ghosts

If there's something strange in your neighborhood, who you gonna call? Professor Blastoff! Tig, Kyle and David welcome Mike Wiebe from The Riverboat Gamblers to talk about g-g-g-ghosts and the otherwise occult. Ouija boards are discussed, as are UFOs, John Edward and hot dogs. Even seemingly sane people have seen and experienced ghosts so don't be too scared to listen. Keep your ears open for the crying of ghost babies and the jingling of ghost cheeses.

I too always wanted to know where Abe Lincoln kept his socks!! Another great episode guys!!

Hey T&K&D,

Thanks again-this podcast is definitely getting better and better, and it's becoming a highpoint of my week. I've never seen a ghost, but I have perfectly rational, agnostic/atheist-leaning friends who claim to have seen them. One of my great aunts, Cleo (short for Cleopatra-she's dead now) was well-versed in regional ghost stories from her area of rural North Carolina. I checked a book out from the library once and there were a few of the stories she used to tell us in that book. On the subject of Ouija boards-I played with one a few times, but the last time I played with one, I was playing with a pretty emotional girl and the Ouija board (or the spirit we had summoned) told her that she was sterile and would never conceive a child. She burst into tears and ran out of the room, and everyone felt really bad.

What Jamey said. You guys have found your groove. Loved this week's show. Love this podcast!

I've had a few paranormal experiences, mostly when I was younger and in my late teens. I think you have to either be really into it and sensitive to have an experience. Or that the entity, or collective entities have to be strong enough to break through.

I can't wait for the Jessica Fletcher's ghost movie.

Wait, is that joke from this show or CBB? Once again, a cross-themeing with Professor Blastoff and another Earwolf podcast. I love it! Dom Deluise's ghost loves it! Burt Reynolds' future ghost also seems to love it in the background.

If any ghost is going to rattle cheese, it's Dom Deluise.

Kyle's explanation of jumping out of the plane had me choking with laughter. If I was on that plane and saw it I doubt i'd be mad, more like "great bit".

Do you guys think that maybe ghosts are just cases of undiagnosed schizophrenia and people not wanting to be left out?

Dave - yes! I mean, you can experience minor hallucinations just from lack of sleep. Well, either that or I have undiagnosed mild schizophrenia.

Catching up on old episodes.
Tig: Lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis tend to go hand in hand. You can chalk up most creepy bed time terrors to these things. Especially ones that happen when you are young. Memory is a pretty fickle thing.

Loved the opening segment about the sharks.

I hope some day to see the ghost of Mike Wiebe, still walking around hoping to meet other ghosts.

Sign in to follow this