🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 33 — Dresser Shopping with Marc

Marc Maron: Comedian, Podcaster, Country Singer-Songwriter? Marc joins us this week half to discuss country music and movies and half to impress his girlfriend. I think between his story of tearing up during Chopped and reflections on his time spent in Graceland he proves his worth, even if he isn't the best Chart Dart player in the world. He even sticks around for a bonus chart honoring Kulap's proud heritage (sort of). Pop in a lozenge and enjoy!

This episode was darkly titillating.

Being from Nashville, I love when there is a country chart. This isn't because I am a fan, but because I hate the new, overproduced country of today, almost as much as Howard. Keep up the good work, guys!

Great show. Howard and Marc have such amazing minds; I could listen to them follow each other's conversational tangents for hours.

I really, really want to hear Dragon Boy + Maron complete one of the songs they conceived in this episode.

Kulap, I think the reason for pantyhose on Hooters waitresses is to make their legs more appealing, not hygiene, since the hose covers up flaws. Or like Tom Lennon and Rob Huebel said on Scott's show, it's to cover up the "dick bruises."

This is just a guess but I'm thinking "Mater" or however it's spelled for the Cars 2 movie is a nickname like "Tater." Like short for 'tomater' or 'potater' being from a rednecky part of Virginia originally. I heard lots of people refered to as 'tater' or of course 'bubbah.' Anyways just spreading my southern knowledge for y'all. Love ya, keep summahing. -Goody

I wasn't sure how Marc would be on this episode but as always the guest was great. Mixing it up with a country chart was awesome!

I'm having memory issues. What was the movie Marc mentioned that Howard said he had an interesting history with and did Howard ever get to that history?

Thanks! Looks like it's only available (legitimately) through Warner Archive. I've only bought Desperate Lives and Angel Dusted through there. Dare I buy a non-Helen Hunt PCP movie from them?

I like when Marc goes on "frivolous" podcasts that force him to lighten up for a change - he's always a great sport about it. Good show as always!

Regarding Lady Gaga hogging the bonus chart - she was one of the vocal advocates encouraging foreign tourism to return to Japan after the nuclear plant debacle. Americans have been pretty level headed throughout, but some European countries are still recommending zero travel to the entire country, which is hurting both tourism and international business relations/partnerships for Japan. So amidst a lot of worry about the nation's future, Japan has latched onto hope anywhere they can find it, whether it be Lady Gaga, or more recently the womens soccer team. As much as I don't give a crap about Gaga's music, it's nice to have pop star who, underneath the make-up, looks to be a genuinely intelligent, socially conscious, and well rounded person.

Just checked the FIFA regulations, playing a Benihaha waitress qualifies you to play for Japan at the World Cup.

The only parts I didn't like was when Marc would ask if he's "doing this right". Took me out of it and then had to get settled back in. Altogether though, quite enjoyable. Loved all the new country song titles they came up with.

Sign in to follow this