🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 2.3 — Theme and Intro: Day 3

Our first elimination week comes to a close with, well, an elimination. As tough as it was, our judges have chosen the three weakest intros and unfortunately one will leave the competition. Did we make the right call? Who are your favorites so far? Talk it up in the forums and on Facebook.

Wait, was TV's Jimmy Pardo on this show?

Adam, that was no guess. A P.I. has been following all the contestants around since this thing started. That’s how they knew we recorded our show in a bathtub filled with bugs.

The only theme song that I had stuck in my head after listening to yesterday's epi was the one eliminated in the theme song challenge! Sorry to see Beginnings go, but the judges were all spot on in their advice. Why take a podcast with a great premise and try to broaden it to sound just like other interview format shows? I will definitely give a listen to it though. The hosts sound like good dudes.

Sad to see Beginnings go, I hope they are able to take the judges comments into consideration. It's so early its hard for me to say, but it seemed like the right decision to let them go, if Beginnings is still feeling out what it wants to be.

Jillian and Candice,

Thanks for the kind words about Beginnings. We were sad to be eliminated, but the judges were really fair and totally spot-on, and the experience helped us to take a hard look at our show and make some big changes.

There are a lot of fun episodes in our back catalog (Kevin Allison, Matt Fisher, Greg Proops, Andrea Rosen, to name a few), but if you are really interested in checking out Beginnings, I would recommend starting with the Pete Holmes episode. He's a great stand-up and does voices on Ugly Americans on Comedy Central. (Here's a link - http://wrestlingteam.tumblr.com/post/7490398757/where-do-creative-people-come-from-on-beginnings)

The Pete Holmes episode was our first post-elimination show, and it reflects the work we did to incorporate the judges' feedback on crystallizing the concept of the show. We're really excited about this new direction.

You can also read our thoughts about being eliminated at our website: www.wrestlingteam.org

Thanks again,
Mark

Just read the blog post and seeing what you guys had to say about being eliminated makes me feel confident about your show. Defiantly will be listening to the Pete Holmes episode later tonight!

I'm surprised the F Plus wasn't even in the bottom three. I'm not taking anything away from the content of their show but I didn't like their intro and theme song submission at all. The judges seemed to like it least of all the submissions in yesterday's show. I thought they were going to be eliminated this week.

I think the judges had a lot of constructive points to the challenge. I was also sad to see any one go but you can't make a podcast without cracking a few eggs.

I was surprised to see Beginnings go, given the amount of time the judges spent offering suggestions to improve the show (and Wrestling Team's positive attitude about accepting their criticism). It looked like there was a lot of potential there. Meanwhile, other "podtestants" (tm copyright JW Buchanan Worldwide Enterprises, LLC) still in the competition seemed to wholly resist the challenge and change nothing even if their intro wasn't working, which as a listener is not super-entertaining. What's the harm in trying it another way? Good luck to Beginnings and good luck to the remaining podtestants.

Sign in to follow this