🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
ChicagoGuy

Caddyshack II (1988)

There is very little, if not NO, redeeming quality to this movie. It's an old one so people can rent it pretty easily or find it for free anywhere people are charging for other DVDs.

How has this one not brought up often on the forums? Bill Murray, Rodney Dangerfield and Michael O'Keefe all said no on coming back to this one, and Ted Knight had died before production started. Brought in similar substitutes (Dan Aykroyd, Jackie Mason, Jonathan Silverman and Robert Stack) to play their roles respectively. Only Chevy Chase managed to reprise his role, and even he knew this movie was not going to turn out well based on behind the scenes stories I read about it.

And just for the record, "Nobody's Fool" by Kenny Loggins was the only good thing to come out of this dreck.

• Like 2

And just for the record, "Nobody's Fool" by Kenny Loggins was the only good thing to come out of this dreck.

It may be one of the finest things to come out of the 80s, period. It's legit one of my favorite songs and probably the most underrated of all of Loggins's many, many incredible soundtrack contributions during the course of the decade.

• Like 1

"Nothing But Trouble: The Origin Story"

Seriously, this pile of shit...

Jonathan Silverman really needs more HDTGM representation.

There is very little, if not NO, redeeming quality to this movie. It's an old one so people can rent it pretty easily or find it for free anywhere people are charging for other DVDs.

I don't know about NO redeeming quality. If it weren't for Caddyshack II, I may have never heard of Jackie Mason (in my world, no CSII, no Krusty's dad on simpsons)

I was nine years old when this piece of shit came out. My parents took me to see it in the theater and I thought it was garbage even then. Probably because they were foolish enough to let me watch the first one as an even younger child, so my mind was already programmed. "Ahoy polloi!"

• Like 1

I don't know about NO redeeming quality. If it weren't for Caddyshack II, I may have never heard of Jackie Mason (in my world, no CSII, no Krusty's dad on simpsons)

I always wondered why Mason's career disappeared for ~20 years. It couldn't have just been the Ed Sullivan stuff. And while he is/was a huge dick, he had plenty of company. Appearing in Caddyshack II certainly wasn't the way to kick off the comeback on a high note, though.

• Like 1

Bump because I’ve just been given this as part of a large pile of unwanted DVDs. Do it before I sell it to my local used media store!

We all know sequels usually are never as good as the original and even less so when it comes to comedies.  But I actually do not understand how they could take a film that was so good and beloved as Caddyshack. Mean this film is basically the first with a lot of the best parts ripped out, less plot and less gopher. They then refill it with re-used and bad jokes and add a sprinkle of Dan Aykroyd instead of Bill Murry but trying to be as mad a Murry and failing. Such a disaster of a movie and not even in a good way.