🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 447 - These Are the Worst

C+ Ep. I love bone queef.

Scott: "How about standing erect, but with their back to you?"

Aya: "Erect as in, bone?"

Scott: "And queef as in pussy fart?"

BQ: "Very good."

I feel like this is what BQ's bit should be, wait for someone to sort of reference something related to bones then he jumps in. kinda like "it's been a while"

Kate photo just looks like a wacky headshot, which i think seems weird to people because Earwolf generally doesnt use those kind of photos for guests

I'm sure it's unnecessary and dickish to post that I don't like a picture, but there's just something about it that annoys the hell out of me and I felt like saying it. I apologize on behalf of the patriarchy if I triggered any of you snowflakes.

"this meaningless thing made me mad and i was incapable of keeping my thoughts about it to myself. i don't know why the rest of you friggin sjws are so easily TRIGGERED"

• Like 9

Maybe it's just me, but for me, but Kether Donohue has a very similar voice to Sarah Silverman.

I was thinking Whitney Peeps myself, but that works too.

• Like 1

The "back 30 seconds" button (a cautionary tale)

As I was listening to the reenactment of the elevator scene I accidentally pressed the back 30 seconds button (conveniently located on my steering wheel) without realizing it . This led me to believe that Scott entered the elevator, Aya made an LA/NY joke, Kether explained how she would some day retell the elevator story, and then Scott asked another question to Bone-queef and then pretended to re-enter the elevator. I then thought that the characters were doing a bit where they were trying to reenact the reenactment of the elevator scene that they had just created. As they were doing this I convinced myself that I was noting subtle differences from the first time I heard it. After about 30 seconds of really enjoying this bit but wanting to better understand the origin of it, I pressed back 30 seconds. This brought me to when Scott got on the elevator so I pressed back 30 seconds again. 30 seconds later I figured out the error of my ways.

Thanks for listening.

Did I just watch Memento?

• Like 5

I'm sure it's unnecessary and dickish to post that I don't like a picture, but there's just something about it that annoys the hell out of me and I felt like saying it. I apologize on behalf of the patriarchy if I triggered any of you snowflakes.

IF1Yxas.png

• Like 13

You're just the guy who is apparently tallying up how many times people commented or (gasp!) liked a post that criticizes specific guests. You must be a joy to be around, have a field day jerking yourself off because I know who I am and it isn't the vivid picture you've painted for yourself after witnessing me like someone else's post.

I am a woman, for one. And you're in this argument with someone like every other week. I don't tally anything, you just so happen to be attached to sexist comments more often than anyone else I see here. Doesn't that say something? My first comment, which sparked this, was just acknowledging that the usual suspects are hating on women yet again. Not even the woman's performance this time, but her picture alone. And your rage-filled response to being called out speaks for itself. You're like the Trump of the Earwolf forums.

If you want to get deep into the psychology of why a woman making a goofy face threatens you, let me know. I'll have my people fax you some literature.

• Like 15

I am a woman, for one. And you're in this argument with someone like every other week. I don't tally anything, you just so happen to be attached to sexist comments more often than anyone else I see here. Doesn't that say something? My first comment, which sparked this, was just acknowledging that the usual suspects are hating on women yet again. Not even the woman's performance this time, but her picture alone. And your rage-filled response to being called out speaks for itself. You're like the Trump of the Earwolf forums.

If you want to get deep into the psychology of why a woman making a goofy face threatens you, let me know. I'll have my people fax you some literature.

It says you spend way too much time over-analyzing people's posts (and likes), give it the fuck up! You started this, all I did was click like because I agreed and could tell this guy was going to chewed out for being honest about something that peeved him. I clicked like because I agreed with the sentiment that the picture is annoying... I've found pictures of many people of all walks of life annoying, it doesn't make me in the least sexist. You took that opportunity, reminder, the opportunity is me clicking like, to slander me as a sexist, which I'm not. Did I get defensive? yes! because I'm decidedly not a sexist and this is ludicrous

Can I make the point that people have actually gone in on Berlant being unfunny here, and no one including you seems to care, yet my clicking like.... that's an issue that you need to literally bully me over. My clicking like was so intolerant that you felt the need to bully me on the internet... great example you're setting for tolerance.

and another great childish point at the bottom, I dislike the picture because I'm threatened by it.... simply hilarious, how can I win that argument, ever?

remember that time stansitwell accused the CBB tour of being a "cash grab" and Scott Aukerman, in a rare forum appearance, felt compelled to respond to it ? i liked that

• Like 9

Bro, cut that "delicate flower" shit out. Even your insults reek of misogyny. So I am a delicate flower and you are a big, strong rock because you insult my gender? I listen to this podcast, so I therefore enjoy less than PC humor. The difference is that these comedians are making fun of obviously abhorrent personalities. You are not, you are an abhorrent personality.

I think the sentiments on this thread seem to be in order. You're generally known as an asshole. Even Scott thinks you're an asshole. Go crawl back to 4chan and die there thanks.

• Like 13

Wow, highly entertaining. You tell me to cut that delicate flower shit out because it makes me a misogynist, when I wrote it along with "you're just the guy..." and you proceeded to correct me that you're a woman.

So something that I wrote when I thought you were a man is proof that I'm a misogynist, and I should cut it out even though I wrote it yesterday and have already replied directly to you today? Interesting logic I'll say that, reminds me of Trump in the debate last night.

Once again, you're not disturbed by someone saying Berlant was unfunny, just me clicking like on a comment about the picture and defending it as I'm piled on?

Wow, highly entertaining. You tell me to cut that delicate flower shit out because it makes me a misogynist, when I wrote it along with "you're just the guy..." and you proceeded to correct me that you're a woman.

So something that I wrote when I thought you were a man is proof that I'm a misogynist, and I should cut it out even though I wrote it yesterday and have already replied directly to you today? Interesting logic I'll say that, reminds me of Trump in the debate last night.

Once again, you're not disturbed by someone saying Berlant was unfunny, just me clicking like on a comment about the picture and defending it as I'm piled on?

For one, you stole my Trump reference that I used to insult you yesterday. Also, I think having different insults based on the gender of the person you're insulting is kind of the definition of sexism.

• Like 8

I was thinking Whitney Peeps myself, but that works too.

I was thinking Willie Mapleton the whole time. Vocal frrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy.

• Like 1

For one, you stole my Trump reference that I used to insult you yesterday. Also, I think having different insults based on the gender of the person you're insulting is kind of the definition of sexism.

So if you want to paint it that way, I guess I am sexist against men since I tend to be more respectful with language to women I don't know than men. Why would I do that? This exchange can be considered exhibits A through zed

• Like 1

Well the fact that you insult men by calling them a "Delicate Little Flower", which you presume will be insulting because those are adjectives more commonly reserved for women is the real point here. And words like that being assigned to women is part of a long history of belittling us with adjectives that highlight how weak and helpless we are. So using that insult towards a man or a woman is demeaning to women, hands down. Honestly, it doesn't really offend me but since you are such a donk I feel the need to call out your microaggressions.

• Like 11

microaggressions.

Says the user self-titled as "slampiece". You're so right, no one is being oversensitive/over-serious, I clearly need to overhaul my language.

To remind you, the root point here is that I clicked like on someone's post and you tried to draw attention (outrage) to me by pointing at it and inferring misogyny

• Like 1

I'm glad you've enlightened me to my own sexism. If someone is annoyed by an over-the-top avatar, and the avatar is of a woman, that means they are misogynist and threatened by women being funny. This is exactly like being called a homophobic misogynist because I don't think Cameron Esposito is funny, even though I think her wife Rhea Butcher is hilarious and awesome. People like you, Dingus, feel the need to apply sexism where there is none because it gives you a very easy strawman to burn down. I'm not sexist, I think a picture is annoying; get over yourself and your ridiculous rhetoric. Do you also believe that everyone who dislikes the Ghostbusters reboot must be a misogynist who is threatened by women? That's exactly the kind of leap you're making here. I wanted to drop this so bad because it's embarrassing to have these kinds of conversations in the Earwolf forums, but you calling me sexist and saying I'm threatened by women simply because I don't like a picture is impossible to ignore. You're the only one obsessing over gender, gender never had anything to do with it to me.

Although I regret my original post so fucking much because of how it affected this thread, people like you make me want to speak my mind more often. I'll just leave it off of the Earwolf forums because this is not the place for this kind of discussion, but your ilk is failing more every day because you don't have a logical leg to stand on.

• Like 3

I don't really have an opinion either way on Berlantgate, but I love people getting this bent out of shape over something that matters this little.

• Like 6

My original post couldn't matter any less, it doesn't even matter to me, that's why it was a mistake to post it. In the end it's just an annoying picture, not worth accusing someone of sexism for disliking it and not worth defending myself, but most of all not worth posting about (as I acknowledged in the original post). Ah well.

• Like 1

You're right. Thank you, kind men, for teaching this feeble lady about the ways of your world. And now, as a result, I am sexually attracted to you both. Which one of you would like to sprinkle some morning dew on my delicate little flower?

• Like 9