🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 447 - These Are the Worst

Aw damn I missed the part where we were all mad at each other... I should stop waiting until Wednesday to listen to the ep I guess.

C+ ep though. Really liked this "Kether Donohue" character that Sarah Silverman was doing

• Like 2

Hey everybody, sorry I'm late.

*starts to take off jacket*

What's goin on in here? Bunch of yuck yucks and wacky nonsense if i know you clowns.

*begins to read thread*

Hmmmm.

*stops taking off jacket*

Cool cool cool

*slides jacket all the way back on and casually looks at watch*

Oh wow, look at the time. I completely forgot about that thing I had to do at that place. Maybe I'll drop by later you crazy bastards.

*backs out door slowly*

*forgets there were stairs behind me. begins to comically sway arms in a panic as i lose balance*

Woah woahhhh

*falls down 3 flights of stairs, collapsing unconscious at the bottom*

*a drunk elderly hobo begins to laugh through his toothless mouth as he urinates on my face*

• Like 12

^ This amazing post makes it all worth it. Lesson unlearned, I will continue to post whatever bullshit pops into my head especially if it's going to get so much backlash from the trigger-happy social justice crowd. Thanks, friends.

I'm still perplexed how you remember how many O's are in your screenname when you type it in, that's pretty neat.

• Like 1

I'm still perplexed how you remember how many O's are in your screenname when you type it in, that's pretty neat.

I've not posted on this forum for over 6 months, and the sign in thing remembered my name. So the more perplexing thing here is that you're manually typing in your username each time.

Yep that's what I break my forum silence for. Everyone seems to have covered the weird angry misogynist guy.

• Like 9

I've not posted on this forum for over 6 months, and the sign in thing remembered my name. So the more perplexing thing here is that you're manually typing in your username each time.

Yep that's what I break my forum silence for. Everyone seems to have covered the weird angry misogynist guy.

Oh man, I'm always in incognito mode, that's probably why. I guess that makes sense. Carry on everyone.

• Like 2

Oh man, I'm always in incognito mode, that's probably why. I guess that makes sense. Carry on everyone.

But we never got to hear how you remember how many O's are in your screenname.

• Like 2

Man, I miss a week on the boards and come back to this. I love it! I have a lot to say.

I just need to know if I am or am not a banana. All the bananas are dying, and I need to know if I should fear for my own safety.

^Sounds like banana talk to me.

Wow, the girl that played "daniel" brought this whole episode down. Scott tried to get something out of her, but she just wasn't funny. This episode needed gino Lombardo badly. He would have brought the filth out of Aya and kether.

^That's your first post?! Wow, the boy who posted this really sucks.^

IF1Yxas.png

Wow, you know things are going bad when reading CORPSEFUCKER SHITLORD is a palate cleanser. Love ya' CSL!

I am a woman, for one. And you're in this argument with someone like every other week. I don't tally anything, you just so happen to be attached to sexist comments more often than anyone else I see here. Doesn't that say something? My first comment, which sparked this, was just acknowledging that the usual suspects are hating on women yet again. Not even the woman's performance this time, but her picture alone. And your rage-filled response to being called out speaks for itself. You're like the Trump of the Earwolf forums.

If you want to get deep into the psychology of why a woman making a goofy face threatens you, let me know. I'll have my people fax you some literature.

Sick Burns. Great ep.

This thread is too good

Is this even a thread?

Well the fact that you insult men by calling them a "Delicate Little Flower", which you presume will be insulting because those are adjectives more commonly reserved for women is the real point here. And words like that being assigned to women is part of a long history of belittling us with adjectives that highlight how weak and helpless we are. So using that insult towards a man or a woman is demeaning to women, hands down. Honestly, it doesn't really offend me but since you are such a donk I feel the need to call out your microaggressions.

Woke AF!

I don't really have an opinion either way on Berlantgate, but I love people getting this bent out of shape over something that matters this little.

^This guy gets it.^

I missed you Syme.

• Like 5

Is that a fedora?

It's a picture of me. Hope it's not too upsetting for these forums.

• Like 11

Personally, I'd like to praise Stan Sitwell for displaying an amazing amount of courage by continuing to post on a forum where everyone hates him. Just remember Stan, no matter how many people tell you that YOU have a problem, the correct response is to dig in and claim that it is EVERYONE ELSE that has the problem. You inspire me.

• Like 16

Stanley. Your posts don't "sit well" with me. Just a joke, no offense. Also fuck you

• Like 21

[...]Maybe the world is just a shitty place, and Kate Berlant grabbing her face and pulling some stupid over-the-top expression just makes it a tiny bit worse. Maybe this post is the worst and completely unnecessary, but it's too late for that.

She is making the same face as Scott. But one of them bothers you and SS.

2sY5v4x.png

EDIT: It has come to my attention that the offending photo was a different one involving silly faces and hands.

YXcUCOc.png

• Like 15

I for one would like to thank Stan Sitwell. What kind of world do we live in that I can't blindly throw hate at women on a podcast forum based strictly on their appearance?!?

• Like 14

Hey if you guys want to continue jumping to your slippery slope conclusions, Mark McConville's guest photo kind of annoys me.

Enjoy imagining what negative thing that makes you think of me, reasoned adults

• Like 1

Did anyone else who saw the first ep of "Take My Wife", notice the cameo appearance we made in it?

In the ep, Cameron had just done a podcast appearance and was getting shit on the next day by a bunch of trolls online, saying she wasn't funny and all she talks about is how she's a lesbian. (Yeah, that was us.)

Rhea, (on Harmontown, I think) confirmed this was based on actual events that occurred after appearing on the Comedy Bang Bang podcast.

We are all here because we love the show and the Choctaw. He chooses all the guests. If you had a negative reaction to a guest, a character or an episode, keep that negativity to yourself. We don't wanna hear that shit. And don't get defensive when other members call you out on your bad behavior.

These are some pretty elementary social guidelines that shouldn't even need to be stated.

• Like 9

Did anyone else who saw the first ep of "Take My Wife", notice the cameo appearance we made in it?

In the ep, Cameron had just done a podcast appearance and was getting shit on the next day by a bunch of trolls online, saying she wasn't funny and all she talks about is how she's a lesbian. (Yeah, that was us.)

Rhea, (on Harmontown, I think) confirmed this was based on actual events that occurred after appearing on the Comedy Bang Bang podcast.

We are all here because we love the show and the Choctaw. He chooses all the guests. If you had a negative reaction to a guest, a character or an episode, keep that negativity to yourself. We don't wanna hear that shit. And don't get defensive when other members call you out on your bad behavior.

These are some pretty elementary social guidelines that shouldn't even need to be stated.

Can I agree to a degree? I think there should be room to offer your opinion on a guest that isn't just roses and sunshine. Generally when I talk on the forum, its heaping praise on an episode or guest. But is that all we're supposed to be here for, is adulation? Can we not offer some differing opinions on the comedy? There's a line we shouldn't cross, obviously. Remarks on appearance, keeping it civil in general, etc. I personally don't like how anytime someone is critical or says something a little negative it seems to be taken to extremes (sexist, racist, whatever). I'm not really defending what happened in this thread, but the ability to say things that aren't just positive.Sounds a little circle-jerky if you're only allowed to be nice nice all the time.

Like, today, this was an episode where the character didn't work for me. I don't think it means Kate is unfunny herself, but nothing about it really struck me as funny. The character felt like it was not really adding anything. Scott is usually pretty good at making lemonade out of these situations, but a character without a sense of humor doesn't strike me as particularly funny. And if you're going to play at anti-comedy or whatever, it feels like the character should be more interesting. But for me it was a bit dull and felt like it sapped the energy a bit. I loved the two guests (that one really DID sound like Sarah Silverman), they brought more laughs to the table (for me, anyways). Bone Queef felt.. problematic at first, when I wasn't sure if it was a white comedian or what haha. And its a bit one note of a character, but I don't think we spent much time exploring that character (which is why maybe it came off one-note), but the one-note WORKED for me. But then we spent the majority of the episode with this OTHER character. I dunno. I know its negative, and maybe its unconstructive, but I feel like there should be some room for that sort of disagreement. Without being shitty to each other. *shrug*

• Like 2

Maybe you're right. But is this the place for it?

This is the Earwolf website. The place hosting the show that's recorded at the Earwolf studios. I'm sure there have been plenty of guests on the show that have checked out these boards after their appearance.

Would you walk up to a standup after their set and tell them they weren't funny? Even if 95% of the people who spoke to that person, were complimentary, they're still gonna remember those 5% who just had to express their disappointment.

• Like 3