🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 153 - Jen D'Angelo, Our Close Friend

I got scared like some sort of Frankingstein-adjacent villager when Dad started fighting Dad and telling him stop story at the beginning, but it was about strawberry milk and that's serious. Though a source of tension throughout, Hayes had to learn. 10/10

• Like 10

I came into today's episode ready to just hate it. I love the show, I'm a huge fan, but my philosophy is all about moving forward, never backward, so hearing that they'd be reverting to the old format made me really furious. Then a funny thing happened. I think we're all familiar with the expression, "If you prejudge things, you're being prejudiced. It's basically just two forms of the same word, I can't believe I have to explain this to you." And you know what? That expression is dead right. Not only was this episode funny, I enjoyed the nice guest who seemed like she'd be a funny and nice person to hang out with, outside the context of podcast.

Let this be a lesson to all of us, including me, about prejudging things before i've experienced them. Sean and Hayes taught me that whether its trying to recapture our past triumphs or simply enjoying a nostalgic moment together, sometimes it's ok to move backwards in life. I'm a little relieved to be making this change in my life's philosophy. Only allowing yourself to move forward is a real pisser when you're trying to navigate a crowded parking lot, believe me.

Edit: SteveH your list of funny breads is good, but you need to make room at the top for potato slider buns.

• Like 16

I have tried several different times to change it, including times where it changes but then goes back to a blank one and I am beginning to suspect chicanery.
I have the same issue and it's driving me nuts. I even emailed Earwolf about it, who either don't give a shit or have better things to do, of which I understand both.

If you're having av problems

I feel bad for you, son

I got 99 problems

but PM me the URL to the image you want to use and I'll try to fix it sorry nobody knows why the forum is doing this

—Jay Z

• Like 20

I feel bad for you, son

I got 99 problems

but PM me the URL to the image you want to use and I'll try to fix it sorry nobody knows why the forum is doing this

—Jay Z

Wow, Chanson just got D'Engler'd!

• Like 9

f you aren't singing "Beautiful Hayes" to the tune of "Beautiful Day" by U2 while listening to the this episode of Hollywood Handbook, then you aren't doing it right

Are You Talking U2 To Me?

WHAT UP, WHAT UP! How my Hayes Headz and Clementines doin' today?! Boy, I gotta tell ya, between Handbook, Smackdown, and Agents of SHIELD, Tuesdays are the new Saturdays, am I right?

Take care, everybody, I'ma curl up with my Wonder Woman adult coloring book while I dig in on some HH! YUMMY!

• Like 11

Oh hey, about funny breads: King's Hawaiian rolls? Um, hello! Hawaii is a STATE, they don't have no kings!

• Like 8

this ep was absolutely too much fun! it was great to meet Jen & hear her story. way to go everyone who got questions read in the popcorn gallery & a big congrats to oEBS, all them other EskimoBoosterStations can suck it!

• Like 10

Alright, I'm back! Got Wonder Woman colored, but there's a statue in the pic with her. I'll have to finish that when I get a new green pencil.

Classic format HH was a lot of fun! I laughed a lot at the reading and answering of JEFFREYPARTIES's question (Happy birthday, buddy! This is for you:

Best I could do was "Jess." Sorry, bud!)

Also, Jen was super cool, referenced the X-Men which I always dig, and had great chemistry with our Handboys. Jen D'Angelo was D'lightful! All in all, a great show. Way to go, everyone!

• Like 7

Sean and Hayes make a major politics announcement. Then JEN D'ANGELO of MTV's Loosely Exactly Nicole makes the scene for a nice return to the traditional episodes that the boys used to do before.

This.

• Like 8

I feel bad for you, son

I got 99 problems

—Jay Z

This is a classic trick by Dan Engler to steal your identity. Don't do it Chanson.

Send me $10,000 and I will fix the problem with your avatar. It's the only way actually

• Like 17

woah how does dan know all this hip hop stuff??

engler, engler teach me more about rap. is it in any way like the poetry of the streets?

• Like 14

This one probably made me laugh so hard that my sides hurt. Although, that could be from the kidney stones

this can play out in two ways

1. you're going to die

2. laughter is the best medicine

• Like 4

woah how does dan know all this hip hop stuff??

engler, engler teach me more about rap. is it in any way like the poetry of the streets?

Yes! While rap may have originated in the streets of the Bronx (New York City) in the 1970s, many argue that the art form wasn't truly perfected until 1990, when

was unleashed upon the world. Study it carefully.
  • Like 9

chickn, Simpsons is a show old people like.

• Like 5

This is a classic trick by Dan Engler to steal your identity. Don't do it Chanson.

Send me $10,000 and I will fix the problem with your avatar. It's the only way actually

I can't, I have this Nigerian prince handling all of my finances right now and he will NOT let me send my money to anyone else! Dude takes his job VERY seriously, I guess...

• Like 6

im not even voteing this year, both candidates are exactly the same

• Like 11

im not even voteing this year, both candidates are exactly the same

if no one votes, it's a tie and America gets 4 years without government

• Like 10

if no one votes, it's a tie and America gets 4 years without government

I thought the tiebreaker was a fire-making challenge?

• Like 7

I love this episode more than my younger kid who doesn't talk much yet and is still super attached to his mom but whatever because big sis and I are BFF.

Hollywood Handbook Classic wins this taste test.

• Like 6

Yes! While rap may have originated in the streets of the Bronx (New York City) in the 1970s, many argue that the art form wasn't truly perfected until 1990, when

The hubris of a 55 FUCKING SECOND intro on that track is admirable.

• Like 4

I came here for laughs and to silently judge internet strangers, and here I am learning hip-hop history. Take THAT dad, I guess my hobbies AREN'T a "waste of life" as you so candidly put it when you got drunk at that graduation party

• Like 5