🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Darbler Cheesegarbler

Night of the Comet (1984)

Starring Catherine Mary Stewart (Bibi from The Apple), Kelli Maroney (Cindy from Fast Times at Ridgemont High), and Robert Beltran (Chakotay from Star Trek: Voyager), this movie is a must-see for lovers of 80's movies. There are some ridiculously stupid moments, but what campy 80's movie would be complete without those? It's actually a really enjoyable movie and I recommend it to anyone in these forums. I first heard about it listening to an old episode of Improv 4 Humans when Amy Poehler brought it up, then when I saw the trailer I knew I had to watch it and recommend it for HDTGM. Here's the trailer:

I love this movie. Must have seen it a dozen times. 83% freshness rating by the way. Director Thom Eberhardt also made a pretty good supernatural film, Sole Survivor in 1983.

If you want a great movie for HDTGM from the same film maker, it needs to be 1991s All I Want For Christmas.

• Like 1

This movie looks amazing. It might actually be too good/entertaining for the crew. However, if they do tackle it, I hope it's a live show with someone like Jessica St. Clair or Paul F. Tompkins as the guest. I think June would get a kick out of the wardrobe and hair execution.

• Like 1

I have no idea how this bonkers as fuck movie hasn't been suggested yet, but I can't find anything in the search, so here we are. 

Earth passes through the tail of a comet and reduces nearly every human to a tidy little pile of red dust. Two survivors (and sisters), Reggie (Catherine Mary Stewart, also known for The Last m'f'n Starfighter) and Sam (Kelli Maroney, also known for CHOPPING MALL) venture out to find other survivors. They stop at a mall, where they loot/have a fun dance montage to a karaoke version of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". And then there's a mall shootout. I don't want to spoil the rest for you, because that would be rude. 

But isn't the fact that there's a mall shootout enough for you? It should be! 

• Like 1

Yeeesssss! I can't count how many times I watched this as a kid at my babysitters in the 80's (they had a huge movie collection and let me watch whatever I wanted!). I do remember thinking it was a bad movie at the time, but it was so damned fun to watch. Thank god for this forum because I've never encountered anyone else whose seen this movie and I'm desperate to hear Paul, Jason and June discuss/tear it apart - I think they'd love it!