🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 15 — The Back-Up Plan

When the most striking attributes of a film are its too-loud eating sounds and hot dog centric bloopers, you know it's a prime candidate for How Did This Get Made?! This week Jackie Clarke joins Paul, June, and Jason to travel through the cheese caves and baby pools that populate this JLo flick. If you were concerned by the drinking, put off by the pratfalls, or curious about bush sightings, you are not alone! Listen in and maybe, just maybe, you'll hear your own backup plan.

• Like 1

I love that Jackie Clarke brought the episode back to Tyler Perry films, like she did when she was on 'Who Charted?' I think you guys need to do an episode where you discuss one of his movies when you have her back on the show. I've never seen a Tyler Perry movie, but the way in which Jackie describes them makes them sound like they'd be 'How Did This Get Made?' worthy.

This show and episode freaking awesome!!! NTSF:SD:SUV on the other hand, eh, not so much.

So glad I found this podcast. Whether having seen the movies or not, I thoroughly enjoy listening to Paul, June and Jason pick them apart. Kudos!

PS - Having just watched Year Zero again (sorry, can't even give it a "One"), I'd love to hear June's take on it. :)

I love the new thing that Paul and Scott are doing, leading the intro to the show straight into the theme song. Another great episode and another awful movie!

Pleeeease do Captain America next. This movie's complete disregard for science was maddening to me, especially considering the fact the the concept of science is used as an excuse for so much sci-fi crap in the film. A zero-gravity fight in a plummeting plane? WHAT?! I'm pretty sure that's not how g's work.

I am fairly certain that Sandy Bullock bought an exorbitant amount of hotdogs from Papaya Dog at 3 am and ate them in the dark while crying and watching the bloopers of this movie on repeat.

Another plea! Please discuss movies that are On Demand, or preferably on Netflix streaming, or a movie that is easily accessible, and either super-cheap or free. These are terrible movies you're discussing- after all, how did this get made??? And as for me, in my humble opinion, it is hard to listen to an episode of a movie that I haven't seen, or a movie that I do not want to spend money to see. It's easier to join in on the fun in a full way by watching the awful movie (without having to fork out dough), and then listening to the podcast. Let me end by saying, you guys are hilarious, and I do love the show.

@Will Jacobson... Agreed. Haven't seen that movie, but after seeing that quote in the commercial, I mocked it for weeks.

Sorry, "How Did This Get Made," it looks like this episode is fit to be dissected on a future show. How can you have Jackie Clarke on when a) she's dumb enough to like this movie and B) she's a fucking sitcom writer!! Sitcoms suck! Don't you people know this by now??? And why do they suck? The blame list is long but writers should be at the top! Clarke kept making unfunny comments in a whinny voice like if that would make it funny. Maybe that's why she liked this movie-- she could relate to the "humor." Awful. Simply awful.

steve said:
I am fairly certain that Sandy Bullock bought an exorbitant amount of hotdogs from Papaya Dog at 3 am and ate them in the dark while crying and watching the bloopers of this movie on repeat.

lulz....or when confronted about J Lo overtaking her in the romcon dept., SB replied, "I'm already eating Papaya Dogs around the clock!!!"

BTW- the dog was the only one that made me laugh here and totally reminded me of Jackie Kashian's (she'd be a great guest) bit on LA pet owners:

So uh, Oxygen is showing this movie on 9/11...

This is currently on USA, and it's just as bad as I recall this episode makes it out to be.

This is currently on USA, and it's just as bad as I recall this episode makes it out to be.

So it also hates JESUS. When will it end?!?!

So it also hates JESUS. When will it end?!?!

And The War on Easter continues...

Sign in to follow this