🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 34 — It\'s Pronounced \"RO-bits\"

Bob Odenkirk is taking a rare break from bicycling and taking care of his children to find out Who Charted?! Following an insightful and hilarious round of Chart Chatter, Bob gives us his take on British boy bands and his history as a DJ as we gallivant through the UK iTunes Singles Chart. Our good friend Charles the Chart Seagull makes his second stop for this special guest, but not before Bob gives his wise, mature opinion about the week's top movies. Be sure to pick up the new Earwolf apps and send in your Chart Chatter on Facebook and on the forums.

I really want to see the Bob Odenkirk's version of Transformers. Please.

Sand stays with you for weeks, even months. Rain dries and it's gone.

I hate sand. I don't get to the beach often (I live in Ireland), but I always find sand everywhere for ages after I go.

Great episode. Now I want to rewatch all of Mr Show again, and I only saw it in April.

Wow, Odenkirk was one of your best guests ever! Dude gets in a bunch of chart chatter just reflecting on life, comes up with new characters to respond to the charts, and even puts some great MST3K-ish bits over the movie trailers.

Also, this was the most gravelly-voiced episode yet, between Kulap's post-Comic Con hoarseness and Odenkirk's... I don't know what. Dude yelled so much during Mr. Show that his voice is just completely shot at this point. I love it.

Horrible bosses was pretty excellent. Charlie Day and Jason Sudakis(sp?) worked really well together. And it did get somewhat dark and at least one of the bosses does get killed.

MORE MUSIC CHART COVERS PLEASE. It was good

The Bob Evans impression was stellar. Jeezus. Earwolf podcasts are awesome at making look demented as I try and hold in my laughter when I'm out in public.

I really liked the extended chat at the start too (or just a slightly longer chat than usual)- it had a slightly different feel than normal and it was really refreshing. Great work as always y'all!

HOOORAY! I absolutely love Bob Odenkirk and so far (I'm halfway through) this episode has exceeded all the expectations I didn't have. Everything Bob does is amazing, I started watching Breaking Bad just because he's on it and now it's my favorite show. Great episode, totally have him on again next year.

Top of the charts for best episode. Bob was into the show the whole time and you could tell he enjoyed it. Except the UK boy band.

Stupendous episode. SO MUCH FUN!

Odenkirk was fantastic. His comments during Transformers and Harry Potter were amazing. Then the Bob Evans! So fantastic.

Great episode - Bob Odenkirk was such a great guest. Not feeling the chart covers - Howard's versions are the best AND they are funny. You guys are the professional comedians, this chart chatter stuff is 'D' material taking too much of your 'A' material airtime.

I used to not like Bob Odenkirk because the only thing I could associate him with was "Thumb Wars" and other thumb-related movies. Then I heard him on Comedy Death-Ray and realized he's actually funny now. This week's Who Charted proves that he gets funnier the more often he appears on Earwolf podcasts, so keep on Odenkirking it up.

I also enjoy Breaking Bad but that's more to my meth nostalgia than anything.

Thanks, Ms. Anderson, I was about to mention. I imagine that confusion doesn't make Odenkirk any happier...meanwhile, it's interesting to see the similar citations (rexograph, mimeograph) for the same sort of weirdly chemical printing process (also rapidograph or Ditto or spirit duplication) that was used up through the '70s in a lot of places that didn't want to buy the (for the time) even more expensive than now photocopiers (and even more likely to break down than today's models). Go back far enough and hektographs (or hectographs) were in vogue, which used a gelatinous mixture to do multiple copies, rather than the less awkward, but still clumsy, duplicator drums and either hand or electric motor cranks of the Ditto/Rapidograph/Rexograph/Banda machines.

The ad was the funniest bit of the show, which is no insult to the show.

Only time you'll hear Naperville referenced in the world of comedy is in conjunction with Odenkirk. I, for one, couldn't be any prouder.

Sign in to follow this