🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JJ95

Once Upon A Time in the West

With the Westworld TV series having come out and the Westworld movie not being available for streaming at the moment I would suggest to just do the best Sergio Leone Western - scratch that - the best Western of all time:

Once Upon A Time In The West

(which is in fact available at the moment for streaming on Netflix in the US)

It's a masterpiece. You can talk about it for hours. It belongs in the canon. Period.

Heh. It's a fine film, probably only second with Dances With Wolves. Just kidding. Once Upon A Time In The West belongs definitely in the canon, although I really haven't seen too many Westerns to make a definitive statement, but I consider it amongst m favorite films and a masterpiece with quite a fun and compelling history: Because he was tired of making Westerns after the Dollar-trilogy, Leone concieved this film as kind of a parody of Western tropes first...

I must say, my favorite Leone-film would be without a doubt Once Upon A Time In America - the director's cut, that is. I've seen it in the cinema, and once you get through the somewhat misogynistic first half, the ending hits you in the gutt (and also redeems the poorly treated women in the film).

Sign in to follow this