🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 449 - Nasty Lyrics

Do they say twat a lot on baseball broadcasts in Canada? Things are a lot looser up there.

In Canada we add a "twat!" graphic when a batter hits a ball, kind of like comic books or the old Batman TV show.

• Like 3

Do you know where he's from, Kickpuncher? I'm from Toronto, and I'm really not exaggerating: I've never heard those words said like that except for "twat" from a British person. On the East coast you'll get stuff like "care" instead of car, though. And speaking of names in baseball, my mom still can't say "Encarnacion" properly even though she hears it constantly. Go Jays!

In a perfect bit of "twat" full-circling, I believe he's originally from Regina.

• Like 2

Oh, and speaking of the Canadians discussion, I love that Scott making fun of Kristian Bruun is now an on-going thing.

• Like 7

Love listening to Scott and Paul riffing and singing!

Any other Canadians listening who have met Scott (albeit for thirty seconds at a meet and greet) who heard Scott say "I've never met a nice Canadian" and went "Heyyy!"? Though it is canonical that he thinks I'm a cyberbully.

• Like 6

Wow, you're lucky. I listen to a baseball podcast with a Canadian host who does this, and it's borderline maddening given the number of Latino players whose names he butchers.

if jonah keri is throwing out a bunch of 'twats' i gotta check in on his podcast

Scott being so antagonistic towards Kristian Bruun is one of my new favourite things. This could blossom into a Michael Scott and Toby relationship with time.

• Like 4

Oh, and speaking of the Canadians discussion, I love that Scott making fun of Kristian Bruun is now an on-going thing.

Have you heard about that play?

• Like 2

You know, I'm glad Scott and Paul finally had the stones to say it:

sex is fun.

Now watch sex become the biggest fad because of that sweet sweet CBB bump. I for one, am gonna see if the person I've been seeing wants to give it a try!

• Like 1

You know, I'm glad Scott and Paul finally had the stones to say it:

sex is fun.

Now watch sex become the biggest fad because of that sweet sweet CBB bump. I for one, am gonna see if the person I've been seeing wants to give it a try!

Are you a star? I've heard many people are saying if you are, they'll let you do anything... well just one person I guess

Are you a star? I've heard many people are saying if you are, they'll let you do anything... well just one person I guess

My picture was in the local paper one time when I was like 7, so I guess you could say I'm of a certain level of importance

• Like 1

That's when she revealed that Janice is just a character and her real name is Linda.

this was before. Sharp-eared listeners will notice the point of transition of her completely changing her accent was the part when Juan spoke in spanish. somehow hearing the spanish language triggered a change in her accent from NY to Southern.

I'm not being nit-picky about this. I just found it funny and was kind of waiting for Scott or PFT to call her out.

• Like 1

this was before. Sharp-eared listeners will notice the point of transition of her completely changing her accent was the part when Juan spoke in spanish. somehow hearing the spanish language triggered a change in her accent from NY to Southern.

I'm not being nit-picky about this. I just found it funny and was kind of waiting for Scott or PFT to call her out.

I was also waiting for Scott to comment on Drew's accent once again.

I'll be honest you're pretty brave for pointing out something you found not exactly perfect about a female guest on here after the past few weeks.

• Like 2

Oh, my mistake! I'll have to go back and check it out. I enjoyed this episode enough to give it a second listen anyways.

Love listening to Scott and Paul riffing and singing!

Any other Canadians listening who have met Scott (albeit for thirty seconds at a meet and greet) who heard Scott say "I've never met a nice Canadian" and went "Heyyy!"? Though it is canonical that he thinks I'm a cyberbully.

What a slam on Tatiana Maslany, who is equally and collectively nice and Canadian.

My favorite part of this episode was the plugs theme.

Such a great ep. And it's always awesome to have Paul F Tompkins just being himself.

My favorite part of this episode was the plugs theme.

Such a great ep. And it's always awesome to have Paul F Tompkins just being himself.

Agreed, this will be getting a few extra listens from me. Ryan Gaul and Drew Tarver continue to be 2016 CBB allstar characs, not to downplay Ahdoot and Mandell who were also solid