🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 449 - Nasty Lyrics

Paul F. Tompkins of Spontaneanation and star of Seeso’s Bajillion Dollar Propertie$ joins Scott on this week’s Comedy Bang! Bang! As Paul and Scott sing the National Anthem, they wonder what cavemen invented singing and we hear deets on the second season of Bajillion Dollar Propertie$. Then, parental activists Trish Trash and Beverly Gunt arrive to inform listeners of the nasty lyrics on the radio. Plus, political activists Janice Bullhorn and Juan stop by to educate us on the Donald Trump campaign.

Five guests, five home runs. Great ep.

My big take-away from this episode is a fervent hope that Hayes and Sean do a SKYN Condoms commercial.

• Like 10

A condom commercial, Scott? I listen to this podcast with children! (Not my children though, keep up the good work)

• Like 7

Here's how crazy this election is driving me:

I've gotten so hyper-aware of people complaining about HRC's voice, of Trump talking over her during debates and all the ways men try to tell women to shut up, that I got genuine upset with Scott and Paul -- two of my favorite human beings! -- for telling "Trish and Beverly" to stop shouting. Yes, of course I realized these were not actual women! I've just been driven close to madness by 2026.

This was before the Trump supporter characters showed up, btw.

• Like 5

I listened to this podcasted content while driving my car, which turned out to be dangerous because I had to kneel down in protest when Scott and Paul started to sing the national anthem and lost almost all control over my gas and brake pedals.

• Like 9

Love the condom ad!

If only it was a subscription service.

I wish there was a Warby Parker-esque condom service that allowed me to try out a few different types and send back the ones I don't like. Maybe one day, if they figure out how to fit condoms in a box the size of a mini-fridge

• Like 7

i just started the portion with Ryan Gual and Drew Tarver and this might be a stretch but i think the got inspiration from this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bigrAmc7JB0&app=desktop

if you're a hip hop fan you might have seen it

EDIT: oh it definitely is

As a lover of both hip-hop and unfiltered artistic expression, this lady stresses me out. But I'm glad her method of preventing her child from hearing these lyrics is boycotting a radio station instead of, you know, taking ten minutes to slowly read through the lyrics with her child sitting right behind her. That would be an interesting twist!

• Like 1

As a lover of both hip-hop and unfiltered artistic expression, this lady stresses me out. But I'm glad her method of preventing her child from hearing these lyrics is boycotting a radio station instead of, you know, taking ten minutes to slowly read through the lyrics with her child sitting right behind her. That would be an interesting twist!

lol, right?

MC's im huge fans of already say some shit that is outlandish but to not even be quoted correctly and then critiqued pisses me off.

• Like 1

lol, right?

MC's im huge fans of already say some shit that is outlandish but to not even be quoted correctly and then critiqued pisses me off.

It would be one thing if she understood the actual context of the song and critiqued that, but it really seems like this boils down to 'bad words make me cry'. Is that it? She had no trouble reciting the words herself, but attempting to interpret the story they are telling is far too much work. To be honest, I'm a little scared for her kids too.

Ok I'm getting back into character now because disgruntled music fan isn't part of my schtick, it's just who I am deep deep down.

• Like 1

at one point Mandell just totally changed her accent from New York-ish to southern and nobody noticed. Unless I missed something and that was part of the character

• Like 1

at one point Mandell just totally changed her accent from New York-ish to southern and nobody noticed. Unless I missed something and that was part of the character

That's when she revealed that Janice is just a character and her real name is Linda.

I've never met a fellow Canadian who says "twat" or "pinata" the way Paul thinks we do.

Wow, you're lucky. I listen to a baseball podcast with a Canadian host who does this, and it's borderline maddening given the number of Latino players whose names he butchers.

• Like 1

Do you know where he's from, Kickpuncher? I'm from Toronto, and I'm really not exaggerating: I've never heard those words said like that except for "twat" from a British person. On the East coast you'll get stuff like "care" instead of car, though. And speaking of names in baseball, my mom still can't say "Encarnacion" properly even though she hears it constantly. Go Jays!

the episode was OK, but to be honest i lost it once the opening the plugs bag theme started. fucking hilarious to me. well done, joshua C. green

• Like 4

Wow, you're lucky. I listen to a baseball podcast with a Canadian host who does this, and it's borderline maddening given the number of Latino players whose names he butchers.

Do they say twat a lot on baseball broadcasts in Canada? Things are a lot looser up there.

• Like 3