🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 145.5 - Minisode 145.5

On today’s minisode, we’ll get to the bottom of the right time to fall in love, why people hate your glasses, and whether or not vampires shit. Plus, Corrections and Omissions for Vampire Academy, what Stephen King classic we’ll be tackling next, and Blake Harris brings us more insight on Stealth from military adviser John Iles. Send your own voicemail explanation hopes for Paul to answer by calling 619-PAUL ASK.

Come see us at the Now Hear This podcast festival: nowhearthisfest.com

Get yourself a BB-8 “What Is Its Mission?” T-shirt or Tote Bag over at http://howdidthisgetmade.bigcartel.com

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

Paul, Jason and June appear in a new animated pilot BAD GUYS on Adult Swim watch and vote here http://adultswim.com/misc/pilots/

Paul’s new comedy Filthy Preppy Teen$ is now avail on the FullScreen and you can see June and Paul in their old show NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU. Paul also appears on Fresh off the Boat on ABC.

June stars in Grace and Frankie on Netflix, as well as Lady Dynamite alongside with Jason.

Jason can be seen in How to Be Single, Sleeping with Other People, and is still indeed in The Dictator.

what Stephen King classic we’ll be tackling next

You know, when I read that I immediately thought "Oh, they're jumping right to Lawnmower Man from the live show this weekend and we're just going to have to wait a bit for the episode to drop."

Then Paul talked about Dreamcatcher and I was so happy. Stephen King is taking quite a hit this year from HDTGM.

• Like 1

ARE THEY FINALLY DOING DREAMCATCHER??????

*THEY'RE DOING DREAMCATCHER!!!

wsoxdAt.gif

**also, new forum person bella_008 won the no-prize, congrats!!

• Like 6

**also, new forum person bella_008 won the no-prize, congrats!!

Who knew reading a series of books when I was fifteen, so that I had something to talk about with the girl I caught the bus to school with would result in this high honor. Also my parents named me Isabella back in the early 90s so I was stuck with it long before Twilight.

• Like 8

You know, when I read that I immediately thought "Oh, they're jumping right to Lawnmower Man from the live show this weekend and we're just going to have to wait a bit for the episode to drop."

Then Paul talked about Dreamcatcher and I was so happy. Stephen King is taking quite a hit this year from HDTGM.

In fairness to Stephen King, to whom I have been dutifully reading since I was 11, a lot of what he writes I think works because it's in your mind and doesn't translate so well to screen. That said Lawnmower Man the film and Lawnmower Man the short story are related in title only so you can't really blame him for that. Looking forward to this, that and hopefully if they keep doing more King eventually The Mangler about the killer laundry machine!

Also congrats to Bella for trying to help us understand and snagging the no-prize!

• Like 2

Is it okay to say that I'm sad it's not "The Baby"? I mean DreamCatcher is good and all but I really felt this was the week all my dreams would come true.

Dreamcatcher also happens to be reviewed by Nostalgia Critic this week as well!

"The Baby" would be amazing. Maybe it's just "too soon" for June to do a baby-related movie.

"Dreamcatcher"!! I read the book, never saw the movie. Can't wait!! This sounds like it might be as bad as "The Mangler" or "Graveyard Shift."

• Like 1

Congrats Bella for a well deserved win for all your detailed input, though I was surprised Tom's poop research missed out on the prize! I don't know Dreamcatcher at all: nice to go into a week with absolutely zero clue of what we're about to watch.

• Like 3

Dreamcatcher?

As usual, Mr. Hemingway and I are of the same mind when it comes to most things written by Stephen King...

tumblr_mlxj0b3tig1rnjdzho1_400.gif

• Like 6

Dreamcatcher is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Most of Stephen King's work can be downright stupid, but this movie takes it to a whole new level.

Best part: Morgan Freeman's eyebrows.

• Like 6

BnICffW.gif

(courtesy of Amy the Gorilla)

• Like 10

"Dreamcatcher"!! I read the book, never saw the movie. Can't wait!! This sounds like it might be as bad as "The Mangler" or "Graveyard Shift."

Hard to say. Seems like The Mangler knew how bad it was. Dreamcatcher definitely did not.

• Like 1

In fairness to Stephen King, to whom I have been dutifully reading since I was 11…

Does he have you read his own books back to him, or books by other authors?

• Like 8

Wait a minute...this movie was just on Netflix a couple of weeks ago...

blog.gif

Did we seriously do Gods of Egypt when we could have been doing Dreamcatcher for free?

I mean of course I watched it when I could--you guys know I did--but damn that sucks. Would have liked to watch it closer to the show :(/>

On the bright side, I just realized if this is the biggest thing I have to complain about, my life is pretty rad :)

• Like 3

Wait a minute...this movie was just on Netflix a couple of weeks ago...

blog.gif

Did we seriously do Gods of Egypt when we could have been doing Dreamcatcher for free?

I mean of course I watched it when I could--you guys know I did--but damn that sucks. Would have liked to watch it closer to the show :(/>

Did Dreamcatcher already expire from Netflix? Well it looks like it's on Amazon Prime. I swear this movie is like a digital hot potato and jumps from streaming platform to streaming platform.

• Like 5

Did Dreamcatcher already expire from Netflix? Well it looks like it's on Amazon Prime. I swear this movie is like a digital hot potato and jumps from streaming platform to streaming platform.

It IS on Prime! Yay!

tumblr_inline_mxfakyDRSt1qbngxv.gif

• Like 4

I haven't seen Dreamcatcher, so the excitement is lost on me. However, here are some Stephen King films I hope are in the running for Ep 146.

Children of the Corn

--"Malachi!!!"

Silver Bullet

--Roger Ebert gave the film three stars out of four, saying that the film "is either the worst movie ever made from a Stephen King story, or the funniest."

Graveyard Shift

--Rats!

The Running Man

--"Uplink underground, uplink underground. If you say that one more time, I'll uplink your ass, and you'll be underground!"

Sleepwalkers

--More vampires!

• Like 2

Glad to see them finally do a Dreamcatcher episode. So much in this movie to riff on, you could probably do two episodes on it alone. Plus, the Blake Harris piece on this one could be pretty goddamn beautiful.

Now excuse me while I go to my memory warehouse to prepare for the coming glory of this episode.

• Like 2

What're you all going to be for the 31st of October?

Two years ago I dressed as Magnum P.I. Last year, I went as a Jedi. Therefore, the only logical thing for me to do this year is...

30233060716_93c2dfeda5_o.jpg

• Like 4

I looked up Dreamcatcher to see what I was getting myself into, just realized I've seen it. Seen it and can't remember a single thing about it! And I may have even read the story. Yikes!

• Like 2