🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 116 — When I Go To Queens...

With summer almost over, we knew we had to have Marissa Wompler back on the show before she goes back to school. Womp It Up! With her is "Tough But Fair" Todd Glass who teaches Marissa how to get started in comedy. Subaru! The episode is chock full of games and stories, including the much anticipated follow-up to Todd's Subaru story from his last appearance, so listen up and check out Todd's new podcast which premieres next month on Nerdist!

Interestingly odd episode. Pretty fun. Bring back freestyle rap battle! Love the show, Hot.

woah, was just listening to old wompler episode (womplersode) and was hoping she'd show up again soon. more wompler alllllll the time

Yeah, I was just gonna say the same thing about Phil. Maybe if you had her on more often, she'd be able to remember that stuff! She also no longer seems to be the overachieving child genius that she was in her first episode. Doesn't matter. She is too awesome. Make her a permanent sidekick, please. Or give her her own podcast.
(cool redirect on wompitup.com/wompupthejam)

Marissa Wompler is a great character and I love how creepy Scott becomes around her. Both paternal and lustful towards her, "cocksucking lips" And that insane line about his dog spreading peanut butter over himself so Scott will give him a massage. Great to go back to a sillier, character episode.

Jessica St. Clair really does need to be on more often, She is so funny.

OK, so who else got here by curiously typing in "http://wompitup.com/wompupthejam/"?

This is definitely one of my all-time favorite episodes. I sincerely hope Womp It Up comes to Earwolf and I can't wait to hear Todd's new podcast, especially if he takes some time to discuss serious topics - he always has a fascinating perspective on things he's passionate about. And great job with the Would You Rather? scenarios, especially when it seemed like Scott was going to play them on face value... your kids die horribly, or you LOVE your Waffle House job.

• Like 1

Wait, is it actually a possibility that Jessica St. Clair will do a regular podcast on Earwolf as Marissa Wompler? I wasn't getting that impression at all, although that'd be pretty exciting and hilarious.

• Like 1

Also, yes, those may have been the funniest combined "Would You Rather" scenarios ever.

Marissa Wompler is great! Jessica St. Clair actually gives you the feeling that a 15 year old is sitting in the earwolf studios. Seriously good episode!

My family has a dog named Skippy. Assuming (Marissa) doesn't know that, I really wonder where else (s)he pulled that word from.

edit edit edit

Hey, could we get Nick Glass, Mark Maron, and fake Paul Giamatti all on one episode? I want to see how much grumbly, insecure comedy it's possible to generate in a single episode. They could tour as The Eeyores of Comedy. Seriously though, great episode for everyone involved.

Subaru never knew who they were messing with. Todd Glass is great and I look forward to hearing his new podcast! Also, I am glad that The Wompler has really blossomed into a young woman. Good luck on the tour with Todd Glass!

"Todd and The Wampa" would be the name of their radio show.

By the way, someone has seriously been slacking on their "plane break" obligations. There was a loud one that went through at about the hour ten mark.

Sign in to follow this