🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 156 - Jensen Karp, Our Close Friend

international waters is a strange podcast that must be a gigantic hassle to put together each week. you have to get 2 guests each in 2 different countries, along with setting up studio time/sound engineers in both countries, and get everyone together at the same time. parts of the show are pre-written, which is another layer of preparation you have to do for each episode, and honestly the written portions are generally the weakest part. i dont think dave holmes does the booking or writing for the show, so there is someone behind the scenes who is making this podcast, but for what purpose? are leesa mattress ad revenues or maxfun donations for this particular podcast lucrative enough to make all this work make sense?

then you have this episode with hayes and several other people. dave holmes mis-identifies hayes' team member as the brigid ryan from the kroll show, rather than who she really is, which is

. i understand dave is meeting some of his guests for the first time upon arriving at the studio and is just reading what is on the note cards he was handed, but why do we, the listening audience, hear this mistake on the podcast? when you're already wrangling a troupe of people together, writing intros, jokes, and questions, and securing ads, why not also expend the extra 10 minutes of effort of resetting the recording with the accurate information and editing out the mistake to save the host and guest from embarrassment? why does this podcast exist in the first place?

hayes was funny tho, a ant bite his dick haha

• Like 10

I wish there was a popcorn gallery, i would have loved to ask jensen about his fishing boat

• Like 4

international waters is a strange podcast that must be a gigantic hassle to put together each week. you have to get 2 guests each in 2 different countries, along with setting up studio time/sound engineers in both countries, and get everyone together at the same time. parts of the show are pre-written, which is another layer of preparation you have to do for each episode, and honestly the written portions are generally the weakest part. i dont think dave holmes does the booking or writing for the show, so there is someone behind the scenes who is making this podcast, but for what purpose? are leesa mattress ad revenues or maxfun donations for this particular podcast lucrative enough to make all this work make sense?

then you have this episode with hayes and several other people. dave holmes mis-identifies hayes' team member as the brigid ryan from the kroll show, rather than who she really is, which is

. i understand dave is meeting some of his guests for the first time upon arriving at the studio and is just reading what is on the note cards he was handed, but why do we, the listening audience, hear this mistake on the podcast? when you're already wrangling a troupe of people together, writing intros, jokes, and questions, and securing ads, why not also expend the extra 10 minutes of effort of resetting the recording with the accurate information and editing out the mistake to save the host and guest from embarrassment? why does this podcast exist in the first place?

hayes was funny tho, a ant bite his dick haha

From 8-10, how do you rank this podcast. not just the ep, but the entire series?

• Like 6

episode with my friend hayes = 10, podcast as a whole = 8

• Like 10

brettfast burrito so much "yes" in this episode good job!

I agree, this episode was full of win

• Like 5

From 8-10, how do you rank this podcast. not just the ep, but the entire series?

What is the unit of measure? It cant be popcorn bags, forks, stars, or actually even numbers because those are all trademarked by On Cinema, Doughboys, Netflix, and Beyond YachtRock respectively.

• Like 1

(in insanely Hamilton voice) my mount rapmore is...mount rushmore

• Like 7

hayes call into best show

the boys on hard nation

• Like 10

these are funny boys good ep haha laugh bye

• Like 4

HH Forum Fantasy Football League WEEK TEN final scores,

brought 2 U by the prosecution's hostile views on fossil fuels:

The Lochteaser Freezer OVER The War of Northern Aggression, 37-31

Team Joes Lerini OVER The New Hampshire Diarrhea Idiots, 30-27

The Flint Mi Marc-Maron-i And Cheeses OVER Engineer in the Headlights, 28-17

Knights of Columbus & The Power of David Bowie OVER Ledecky Don't Know Defense, 38-14

Ira Glass & DVD of K-Pax OVER The Winnipeg Murder, 40-34

The Pietá & The Memory of Big Floppy Guy OVER Fart Sound & Friends, 24-19

Made with real Koenig Sugar OVER Mutant League Football, Bela Lugosi as Dracula, the Howie Scream & Easter Island Moai Statues, 41-30

Dick Jokes, Vaping Hard AF & Blowing Huge F*cking Clouds & Being the Smartest Kid in Class but Not Doing Any Work OVER The Hollywood Name-Droppers, 35-27

• Like 7

can someone give me a precise timestamp hayes calls into tbs tia

• Like 8

Starts at 15 minutes 12 seconds that's 15'12" or 15:12 please enjoy

• Like 12

Can I get a timestamp on the part where i laughed so hard that i got kicked off the bus this morning

• Like 7

WCW Saturday Night, 6:05 on the muthaship, Daddeh!

• Like 6

We almost never get to hear the boys take sides on any of the controversial issues of our day. What a treat to hear them finally get political on Hard Nation, and to learn what they REALLY think about Hillary and Donald.*

*(Clinton and Trump, respectively)

• Like 5

Sick of whoever is always making a mess of my bathroom. Thinking of getting one of these bad boys for the seat. Yea or Nay?

61gxigLLBQL._SL1015_.jpg

• Like 11

HHFFFL Week Ten POWER RANKINGS, brought 2 U by peak zen & powdered hankies:

1. The New Hampshire Diarrhea Idiots (7-3)

2. The Flint Mi Marc-Maron-i And Cheeses (7-3)

3. The Hollywood Name-Droppers (7-3)

4. Made with real Koenig Sugar (6-4)

5. Knights of Columbus & The Power of David Bowie (6-4)

6. The War of Northern Aggression (6-4)

7. Mutant League Football, Bela Lugosi as Dracula, the Howie Scream & Easter Island Moai statues (6-4)

8. Ira Glass & DVD of K-Pax (6-4)

9. Team Joes Lerini (6-4)

10. The Pietá & The Memory of Big Floppy Guy (5-4)

11. The Lochteaser Freezer (5-5)

12. The Winnipeg Murder (5-5)

13. Dick Jokes, Vaping Hard AF & Blowing Clouds & Being Smartest kid in Class but not Doing any Work (5-5)

14. Fart Sound & Friends (2-8)

15. Engineer in the Headlights (0-9)

16. Ledecky Don't Know Defense (0-10)

• Like 5

one of the guys on Hard Nation has a really annoying voice. but it was good once they boys came on

• Like 6

WELL I think it was also good before the boys came on. I like that podcast and I like the Hard boys's voices! So there!

But yeah, it was better when H&S (Hayes and Sean) came on, they are really funny. But, it was odd to hear them play characters as I've grown accustomed to listening to their sincere opinions.

• Like 5

HH forum fantasy football league Week Eleven match-ups,

Presented by a demented guy with fifty-six pimento eyes:

The New Hampshire Diarrhea Idiots VS Fart Sound & Friends

The Flint Mi Marc-Maron-i And Cheeses VS The Pietá & The Memory of Big Floppy Guy

The War of Northern Aggression VS The Hollywood Name-Droppers

Made with real Koenig Sugar VS The Lochteaser Freezer

Knights of Columbus & The Power of David Bowie VS Team Joes Lerini

Ira Glass & DVD of K-Pax VS Ledecky Don't Know Defense

The Winnipeg Murder VS Dick Jokes, Vaping Hard AF & Blowing Huge F*cking Clouds & Being Smartest Kid in Class But Not Doing Any Work

Mutant League Football, Bela Lugosi as Dracula, the Howie Scream & Easter Island Moai statues VS Engineer in the Headlights

• Like 2