🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 146.5 - Minisode 146.5

Was Jason right about clowns all along? What the hell is friction tape? Paul gets into this and more as he opens up the Explanation Hope Line and goes through Corrections and Omissions for Dreamcatcher. Plus, you’ll hear which video game world we will be entering for our next movie!

Corrections and omissions to the corrections and omissions, even though it'll never get read on the air...

The toilet worm wasn't in the water supply, it was in a toilet that leads to a septic tank, which doesn't go anywhere. Isolated cabin... (of course in rural Maine there are plenty of streams and rivers that run out to the sea eventually, but the toilet worms might not know that...)

The cabin belonged to Beaver's Dad, so yes they went there as kids a lot... not every vacation place is an AirBNB.

The book begins with a series of news reports about Roswell and UFOs and such, and Jonesy specifically refers to them as "grays" and talks about the X-Files... no mention of evil clowns...

Jonesy was looking for friction tape because they knew they had it. If he'd found duct tape, he certainly would have grabbed that instead... in the book, he even considers using twine that he finds, or the Scotch tape he's pretty sure is in the kitchen, but he knows they wouldn't work... but the point is "friction tape" IS a real thing...

As the 4 guys grew up, graduated high school, went on to college or jobs or marriage, yes they lost touch with Duddits... they had no idea they were being "groomed to save the world" until shit starts happening, and only when Jonesy flashes back to "seeing" Duddits in the ambulance does he understand what he's saying. Initially Duddits may not have intended for these guys to be used against Mr Gray, but since he was sick with cancer (there it is again) he was enlisting their help. Of course, the giant alien inside Duddits could have found a new healthier host somewhere, and left the Douglas "shell" to die of leukemia...

Oy...

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to gamer next week, was anyone here at the live episode?

• Like 1

i'd say one of these days one of my i'd says will be spot on ... not this time though .. 3 movies to choose from for the Halloween ep, i pick 2 and the 3rd one comes out. another example of why i don't bet anymore. back in my school days we used to bet on the grand national. the first year we did it my horse came in. the second year the horse fell, broke his leg and had to be destroyed. the third year exactly the same thing happened ... so i thought for the sake of horses everywhere i'd better stop betting and have never done so since ... i'd say if i did the lottery the presenter would end up falling out of a tree or something.

listening to the trailer i think ive seen trailer ... or something very like it ... not the running man or hunger games but something with the same "you win the game you earn your freedom but not really" premise ... can't think of it

edit: i think i'm thinking of the tournament

• Like 3

The Tournament is a pretty decent premise of a a battle amongst hitmen for the ability to be able to charge a huge fee since they are the "best killler in the business," but one innocent bystander is pulled into the game due to the plot of one of the hitmen. For a straight to video movie it had pretty good production value and the actors weren't phoning it in.

Can't wait to hear the breakdown of Gamer as I loved this over the top movie. I will admit that when I watched it on DVD with my family they didn't know what the overall premise was so the first fight scene confused the hell out of them when they saw gunfighters t-bagging dead people or NPCs jutting around awkwardly. It was even worse in that I had to explain what t-bagging was to them.

• Like 1

I just finished listening to the episode, and while I think the theme song at the end was pretty decent, I don't know how well it would wear on repeat listenings. I mean, great job to whoever did it, but it's more something I would like for the Howdies or something.

• Like 3

So you guys aren't doing a horror movie for Halloween? That disappointing. Some of the best episodes (Sleepaway Camp and Monkey Shines) came from that.

• Like 3

So you guys aren't doing a horror movie for Halloween? That disappointing. Some of the best episodes (Sleepaway Camp and Monkey Shines) came from that.

im a little disappointed too ... first year since they started hdtgm we wont have a halloween ep ... they have lawnmower man in the can so maybe they could pull an auld switcheroo or something?? or is it too late? either way i'll probably watch lawnmower man this week. for the craic

• Like 3

Just finished it .... wow, there is no mistaking who made this nutjob of a movie ... and for a movie that gets so much hate I liked it alot. I mean it's got some major faults but it was fun to watch ... I'm really looking forward to the episode ... I've got you under my skin ....

• Like 4

Just finished it .... wow, there is no mistaking who made this nutjob of a movie ... and for a movie that gets so much hate I liked it alot. I mean it's got some major faults but it was fun to watch ... I'm really looking forward to the episode ... I've got you under my skin ....

I felt exactly the same way. It had so much 'Crank' in it I couldn't hate it. And I could watch Dexter's song and dance puppet scene for hours.

What a wonderful mess.

• Like 3

I had to create an account just because Mark from Corrections & Omissions was so wrong. MoFuzz is 100% correct. The toilet led to a septic tank. How are we supposed to know this?

Oh, because of Jonesy's line of dialogue which points this fact out. I know that this movie can be difficult to pay attention to, but come on, man...

• Like 1

So, I've been spending the month watching "Halloween" movies pretty much exclusively. As Halloween is next Monday, it's time to start in on my traditional movies: It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlies Brown, Hocus Pocus, Shaun of the Dead, Ghostbusters, Evil Dead, Corpse Bride, Brothers Grimm, Monster House, Sleepy Hallow, The Adventures of Ichabod Crane, ParaNorman, Frankenweenie, and a few others I can't think of at the moment. Amyway, I just wondering, do any of you have traditional Halloween movies?

For those curious, here's what I've watched so far this month (It's a lot, but I'm up at like 4AM everyday and I work from home now...so, yeah)

Arachnia, Final Sacrifice, Curious George A Halloween Boo Fest, Casper, Hotel Transylvania 1 & 2, Ernest Scared Stupid, The Addams Family, Night of the Living Dead, Night of the Lepus, House on Haunted Hill, The Witches, Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein, Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolf Man, Hillbillies in a Haunted House, Harry Potter (all of them), Twilight, Troll 2, Misery, Rosemary's Baby, The Thing, Interview With a Vampire, The Lost Boys, Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, The Wolfman, Carrie, Children of the Corn, Psycho 1 & 2, The Birds, The Mist, Room on the Broom.

• Like 3

and then this happened .. sorry jason

hu0ne0.jpg

Seconds before...

29916870784_000eb51e69_o.jpg

• Like 4

Amyway, I just wondering, do any of you have traditional Halloween movies?

i was talking about this the other day. i don't think i've rewatched a horror movie in years. i can watch most other types of movies more than once and still enjoy them (ask again in december and i will have a list the length of your arm of the christmas movies i watch every year) but not horrors. I mean i watch stuff like evil dead 1&2 every now and again, some hitchcock movies and the more kid-ish ones i watched when i was younger but nothing annually. Basically if it's on i'll watch it.

But i love horror. It's fun to be scared by movies but once ive been scared by a movie the magic is gone. so this year i saved up all the horrer-esque tv shows. last week was the walking dead S6, bates motel S4 and a few horror movie docs on youtube (some good ones up there actually). This week goes like this ... hopefully ... les revenants S2 (half way thru it and it's as good as the first season so far), penny dreadful S2 & S3 and to finish it off at the weekend i am hoping to get around to re-watching IT ... which i can't remember anything about except for this moment ...

d825e11359ffa0f76010c4f4fcfd6cfe.gif

oh yeah ... and earlier today i watched episode one of the walking dead season 7 and nearly shat myself ... it was unbelievably good. if the walking dead was released in the 80s as a movie it would have been banned .... we've come along way baby

• Like 2

So, I've been spending the month watching "Halloween" movies pretty much exclusively. As Halloween is next Monday, it's time to start in on my traditional movies: It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlies Brown, Hocus Pocus, Shaun of the Dead, Ghostbusters, Evil Dead, Corpse Bride, Brothers Grimm, Monster House, Sleepy Hallow, The Adventures of Ichabod Crane, ParaNorman, Frankenweenie, and a few others I can't think of at the moment. Amyway, I just wondering, do any of you have traditional Halloween movies?

For those curious, here's what I've watched so far this month (It's a lot, but I'm up at like 4AM everyday and I work from home now...so, yeah)

Arachnia, Final Sacrifice, Curious George A Halloween Boo Fest, Casper, Hotel Transylvania 1 & 2, Ernest Scared Stupid, The Addams Family, Night of the Living Dead, Night of the Lepus, House on Haunted Hill, The Witches, Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein, Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolf Man, Hillbillies in a Haunted House, Harry Potter (all of them), Twilight, Troll 2, Misery, Rosemary's Baby, The Thing, Interview With a Vampire, The Lost Boys, Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, The Wolfman, Carrie, Children of the Corn, Psycho 1 & 2, The Birds, The Mist, Room on the Broom.

The Friday the 13th series is always a must for my month-long horror marathon, and usually Alien and Aliens. I also try and squeeze in The Thing and Evil Dead when I'm not trying new horror movies. Here's what I've seen so far this month, which has also really boosted my DLM challenge numbers.

Bunni, We Are Still Here, Baskin, 31, Howling 3: the Marsupials, 13 Cameras, Most Likely to Die, 2001 Maniacs, Howling 4, Death Do Us Part, Saw, Saw 2, Last Shift, The Girl In the Photographs, Saw 3, Black Death, Howling 5, Blackwater, All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, He Never Died, The Butchers, The Horde, Stitches, The Hills Have Eyes, Southbound, Terrortory, Saw 4, Saw 5, Collapse, Dead End Drive-In, Class of Nuke Em High, The Conjuring 2, Clown, Sightseers, Return to Horror High, Evilspeak, Saw 6, House, House 2, Jack Brooks Monster Slayer, Saw 7, Discopath, 2000 Maniacs, Demons, Demons 2, Prom Ride, Tourist Trap, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, Blood Car, Pieces, Kill List, Blood Sand, Come Out and Play, Hellions, Saint, Night of the Demons, Jack Frost, Ichi the Killer, Billy Club, Chillerama, Monster Brawl, Friday the 13th, Friday the 13th part 2, Friday the 13th part 3, Friday the 13th part 4: the Final Chapter, Friday the 13th part 5: A New Beginning, Friday the 13th part 6: Jason Lives, Friday the 13th part 7: New Blood, Alien, Friday the 13th part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan, Shock 'Em Dead, Re-Kill, Jason Goes to Hell: the Final Friday, Jason X, Death Spa, WNUF Halloween Special, Anamorph, Cub, Hide the Monster, The Frankenstein Theory, Jack Frost 2, American Psycho, Wishmaster, A Horrible Way to Die, Run,Hide,Die, Wishmaster 2, Sleepaway Camp, Sleepaway Camp 2, Sleepaway Camp 3, and Misery.

Out of the new movies I saw this October, Cub and WNUF Halloween Special are pretty interesting and original films. Cub is a Belgian movie about a Boy Scout troop who during a camping trip come across a feral child and his psycho father. It's more interesting in that the movie was given the equivalent of a G rating by the Belgian film board but featured some horrifying moments like a tent full of children being run over by a truck, a dog being beaten in a burlap sack, and gruesome murders of close to a dozen people. The WNUF Halloween Special was an indie horror movie done a couple years back in the vein of a newscast from the 80s, complete with cheesy commercials and Halloween safety tips from a local cop. The only issue was it took a little too long to get to the actual horror element of the movie, which was the "man on the street" reporter going through an abandoned house similar to the Amityville house.

• Like 3

The only rewatches I usually do this time of year are Rocky Horror and Hocus Pocus. Everything else I try to watch new. Haven't had as much time this month to knock out as many horror movies as I wanted but I did watch these this month: The Girl on the Train, The Sisterhood of Night, #Horror, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, It Follows, Hamilton's America, Carrie (also a rewatch).

Which one of these is so not like the others?

• Like 2

I watched #Horror earlier this year when it didn't have a lot of Netflix reviews and good lord what a piece of shit. I liked the idea of making a horror movie with kid actors in place of what would usually be teen characters or adults, but absolutely none of them were likeable, I'd have blown up the house and just said better luck next time. I get that it's the director's attempt to make a movie about cyberbullying, but when there are better movies in this genre and others that do a better job and when they have at least one character that you are rooting for, you really just end up mad at yourself for watching it by the finale of the film.

• Like 3

The Nightmare Before Christmas has been a favorite of mine for years. Same with the first and second Halloween movies. This year, I added a few to the seasonal lineup...Nightbreed, Evil Dead, Phantasm, Fright Night. I could see one or more of those become part of my annual rotation. Sleepy Hollow isn't a great film, but the atmosphere makes it worth watching. I might watch the first two Hellraiser films if I can find a time when my two kids younger than 5 are asleep.

• Like 2

I watched #Horror earlier this year when it didn't have a lot of Netflix reviews and good lord what a piece of shit. I liked the idea of making a horror movie with kid actors in place of what would usually be teen characters or adults, but absolutely none of them were likeable, I'd have blown up the house and just said better luck next time. I get that it's the director's attempt to make a movie about cyberbullying, but when there are better movies in this genre and others that do a better job and when they have at least one character that you are rooting for, you really just end up mad at yourself for watching it by the finale of the film.

Yeah I saw that low star rating on Netflix and knew I was in for a disaster and I was right. I wanted to watch it to knock out another film for my 52 Films by Women challenge as well but ooo howdy it was rough. I completely agree with you that I appreciated the thought behind it but it would have been so much better if maybe even that main girl who was Natasha Lyonne's daughter in the movie hadn't participated in laughing and poking fun at the others. Also the whole thing with the graphics emulating the stuff on their phone didn't translate until they had to spell it out for the audience in the very last scene.

I thought the adult cast was so good and so underused that I wondered if maybe they were all friends with the director and wanted to help her with a passion project. I mean Natasha Lyonne, Taryn Manning, and Lydia Hearst are all in only one scene each with maybe an average of 3 lines. Boooooo!

• Like 1

I just want Jason, June, and Paul to do an episode about "The Baby" (1973). Life will be complete.