🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
paulscheer

Q&A w/ Paul Scheer Thread

Paul, stop ducking my god damn question!!

Do you believe in life after love?

Not exactly a question but have you guys been aware of the effect your show has had on movie scheduling/availability? Howard the Duck is now on HBOGO and Demolition Man played on AMC the day you released the podcast. Just thought you guys should know the incredible power you three wield...now do an episode on Gleaming the Cube so I can watch that somewhere for free.

Hi guys, here is my question for Paul, I don’t know if it has been asked already, but I thought I would risk it.

We all love listening to you debate how films got made, but I have an alternative. I call it “How did this not get made”. The basic question is this: which cancelled film would you like to have seen made and why?

Here are a few of my ideas:

Empire Strikes Back by David Lynch

Watchmen by Terry Gillian

Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by Larry Clark

Total Recall by David Cronenburg

Alien 3 by Vincent Ward (Where it would have been set on a forest planet with monks)

Halo by Neill Blomkamp and Peter Jackson

The Hobbit (Directed by Guellmo Del Toro)

The Lord of the Rings by John Boorman

Superman by Tim Burton (Starring Nicholas Cage)

The Stand by George Romero

Batman: Year One by Darren Aronofsky

Batman vs. Superman by Wolfgang Peterson

Personally, my vote goes to "Dune" directed by Alejandro Jodorowsky , starring Salvidor Dali and Orson Wells, designed by H.R Giger and with music composed by Pink Floyd. Apparently the script was so long it would have to be a 14 hour movie!

Oh, and Battlefield Earth 2.

A sort of risque question, but...

Is Jason's penis beard as funny as his facial beard? Also will you ever do a "director's edition" of bride wars with June and Casey Wilson?*

*this question has probably been asked a gazillion times.

I know I'm a little late on this, but here's my suggestion for the "How Did This Get Made?" movie.

Jason joins Twitter. Within a few weeks he has 100 million followers and becomes the most popular celebrity on the planet. He immediately quits the podcast and uses his new-found wealth to indulge all of the sick and twisted fantasies he's been harboring his whole life.

Meanwhile, tensions rise between Paul and June as they try to replace Jason on the podcast with a series of increasingly unfunny co-hosts. Matters escalate to a "War of the Roses" style throwdown and the podcast is eventually disbanded. Jason's wild ride finally ends when video surfaces of him laughing hysterically while watching a Jay Leno monologue.

Many years later, the 3 are reunited for a final "How Did This Get Made?" podcast. The film they are reviewing is "The "How Did This Get Made?" Movie" starring Justin Bieber, Ke$ha, and Jaden Smith.

• Like 3

If you had to choose WITHOUT your head melting from Stonehedge laser bugs, which Silver Shamrock mask would you buy?

In reference to the comment made in the Q&A portion of the most recent mini episode in which the speculative concept of Nicholas Cage being double cast as the hero and villain of the same movie was facetiously addressed, I just want to point out that this was expertly done in the 90's action masterpiece Face Off. Or perhaps you did indeed acknowledge Face Off and I missed it because I rode my bicycle over a bump in the road and my earphones jigged at the precise moment Face Off was mentioned. If so, my bad. Do you accept corrections & ommissions to Q&A's in mini episodes? If not, consider that my question. Thank you for your time. Face Off is freakin awesome, just want to throw that out there.

Rhinestone question: in the year 2014, counting body modifications, tattoos, hormones/steroids, and facial cosmetic surgery ... who's had more work done between Sylvester Stallone and Dolly Parton?

Gooby Question: Any chance the impetus for this movie was someone's discovery of a warehouse full of ugly, dusty, forgotten teddybears?

Any chance that you guys would do a crossover ep with April Richardson's Go Bayside for one of the SBTB Movies? Seems like a natural match that would make a great live show...

Why do you never use any suggestions from the Bad Movie Recommendation forum? It's pretty lively and there are some good suggestions on there. There are the obvious ones like League of Extraordinary Gentlemen* and Dreamcatcher, but also some creative suggestions like The Man With the Iron Fists, Bird on a Wire and The Wraith. You have a great resource set up and it's weird to see it ignored for your Twitter feed, which is about 1/3rd as good for suggestions. I've listened to this podcast since episode one and it's something that's been bothering me.

*You have to do this movie eventually, just get it over with

Paul,

What is your favorite worst line in a movie? Could be due to delivery or just the line itself.

Mine: The end of Bad Boys 2, when Gabrielle Union's character is told to drop her gun and she says, "Okay, I am going to toss it to you...right next to the mine!"

Who the fuck would do that? Why would you warn the bad guy of what you are going to do? And she doesn't even like pitch it at the mine! She slowly lobs it, giving him ample time to move or blow Will Smith's head off.

I haven't watched this movie in years, but that line sticks with me. What valuable information has my mind discarded so that I can carry that with me forever?

Okay, so that was like four questions....

Of course, my runner up would be from the first X-Men movie. "Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? [beat] The same thing that happens to everything else." Yes Storm, very clever. I thought you might have something a little more zippy, but yes, that is indeed accurate. Now go sit down while we get Angela Basset or Iman on the phone and recast this shit.

Thanks for your time, I love the show!

Something for the awards: They have done a number of alternate reality movies, Is it possible that all these realities were created by the meteor from Super Mario Bros? In one universe everyone became dinosaurs, in the other duck's and another Wesley Snipes became a drug lord and lit the Hollywood sign on fire. This could open the door to Jason writing a HDTGM crossover movie, combining all our favorite parts into one gloriously amazing movie.

how come all of the movies on HDTGM are made after the 1980's and none of them have yet to be prior to the 1980's.

• Like 1

how come all of the movies on HDTGM are made after the 1980's and none of them have yet to be prior to the 1980's.

Cocaine, cocaine, cocaine. And maybe Reagan