🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 453 - Unblocked and Unlocked

The titular Johnny Pemberton of FOX’s Son of Zorn and the titular middle child Eden Sher of ABC’s The Middle join the CBB First Timers Club! They join Scott for some Seinfeld trivia, Disney history, and to do elevator pitches for Eden’s new book “The Emotionary” and Johnny’s He-Man inspired show Son of Zorn. Then, showbiz driver Dicker Troy stops by to tell us what it’s like to work as a driver for big celebs. Later, Reverend T.P. Stain arrives to share the gospel on why juicing is the most important thing you can do to better your life. Plus, it’s the return of Would You Rather!

• Like 1

i see Pemberton went with the shades to get into character

IMG_3696.jpg

classic Dicker.

• Like 2

This was a great episode. I LOVED the pre-character interview segment, Eden and Johnny both seem very likeable. Plus I enjoyed the plugs theme. C+.

It's been a while since i watched The Middle but I always liked that show. This episode made me want to pick it back up.

• Like 3

this might have even been addressed in the episode or something, but when i listened on soundcloud earlier, Dicker Troy's voice had some weird recording feedback or something, giving it some kind of robotic tone. was that on purpose and i missed it or was it a mic/recording error?

• Like 1

also, does this mean no halloween-themed episode or what? i could've done with another visit to suicide house or with some of the other halloweeny characters from previous years

also, does this mean no halloween-themed episode or what? i could've done with another visit to suicide house or with some of the other halloweeny characters from previous years

Halloween is on Monday. Presumably if they're doing a Suicide House ep, that would probably be when it drops.

Also, I demand a faith-off between Reverend TP Stain and Reverend Parsimony!

• Like 2

this might have even been addressed in the episode or something, but when i listened on soundcloud earlier, Dicker Troy's voice had some weird recording feedback or something, giving it some kind of robotic tone. was that on purpose and i missed it or was it a mic/recording error?

Pretty sure Johnny used a voice modulator when doing the character. You can see it in the episode photos.

• Like 1

It is important to my psyche as a human to point out:

Eden Scher is correct. It's not an acronym if you don't pronounce it as a word, it's just a regular old initialism.

I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.

• Like 7

What is Scott doing wearing a Hillary T-shirt?! We all know what a big Trump supporter he is.

It's the ultimate way to TRUMP THAT BITCH.

• Like 4

My DVR didn't record the latest episode of Son Of Zorn so I'm hoping they do a table read of the script during this ep. Don't spoil it for me!

Dicker Troy should come back the next time Seth Morris's ASMR character comes back to the show.

I am so confused as to which of the characters is Londale Theus Jr. and who is playing the other character. The show description says Londale is the only character guest and I initially thought he was playing both characters a la Victor and Tiny, but I could hear the two characters talking over each other.

EDIT: Pemberton was using a voice modulator. Rats!

• Like 1

oooommggggg, this EP, AND, the last one, are GOLD. im dying (laughing) here!!! :D SOLID WEEK!! thank uuu :D

• Like 1

I kinda wished they played with the voice modulator thing a bit more..

I was waiting the whole time for the other shoe to drop and Scott would say "so tell me about these beeping lights embedded in your chest" or something

... Only Reggie Watts is licensed to use a modulator. It's in the CBB Bill of Rights While Wearing Tights:

Article XXVI: Thou shall not ask a question before the floor is open.

Article XXVII: Only Reggie Watts can use a voice modulator.

Article XXVIII: Jarles shall always be Classic Jarles.

• Like 1

Plus, it’s the return of Would You Rather!

!!!

Loved the guests and the characs, great ep.

Does Dave Grohl have a hand like a shovel? YOU BET YOUR ASS HE DOES!

bighand.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks for the bonus ep! Very solid. I needed that to get through the day.

What a great ep! Really hope there's a face off between Rev. Stain and Rev. Parsimony. Johnny Pemberton was great and Mr. Theus continues to impress, looking forward to more appearances.

Sign in to follow this