🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
jingjong

Planet of the Apes (2001)

I keep thinking of awesome crappy movies. Here is another one that amazes me. The Tim Burton indulgence and Marky Mark vehicle, Planet Of The Apes. I leave it to you to discover the wonder that is Helena Bonham's hairy monkey tits. A must-see as far as I'm concerned.

Would you at least get a blowie from HBC in the ape makeup? I am thinking yes.

+1 vote for Planet of the Apes

+1 votes for "blowie" from Paul Giamatti in orangutan makeup

Bringing us to a sum total of: Two movie votes, and Two bestiality lovers.

• Like 1

I'm kind of surprised that we've covered more than one Nicolas Cage film and have yet to do a Mark Wahlberg movie. And, when we do, I'd like to nominate Andy Samberg as the guest, please. "...Say hi to your mother for me."

• Like 2

Yeah, Mark's been in some weird movies. This is a pretty lame one, but for me the only memorable thing is the awful ending and Paul Giamatti.

This movie wasn't that bad, The ending was ok at best. Not great but I would watch a sequel if it was made. I would look forward to it more openly then dare I say it the new Star wars movies. I don't even think J.J. Abrams can save that dead franchise. Don't even get me started about midi-chlorians gees what a mess. I would watch this movie again over phantom.

One of my biggest problems with this film was that they took away the whole "humans can't talk" thing from the original. Here, the people talked, they were intelligent, and they were just treated like shit, right? There was really nothing special at all about Wahlberg's character, like he was more or less just the guy that rolls into town and causes the oppressed people to stand up for themselves and butt heads with the authorities, isn't he? I saw the whole thing in theaters once, and anything I've seen of it on TV since then I just don't remember.

• Like 1

I just watched this very recently. We rented the original, this, and the james franco prequel and watched them all in one night. I saw the Tim Burton one in middle school and all I could remember was HBC looking like Michael Jackson.

The most annoying thing is what you mentioned PlanB... The humans can talk and are not stupid even a little so the whole idea that they are tortured daily by the smart monkeys is insane. Like when a little girl gets captured early on and put in a cage she just cries silently, but it seems like a baby monkey would scream and so would a human child. But no. Also, the apes are fucking stupid half of the time and the other half they are clearly spending lots of time making each other really ornate leather kimonos to wear. Tim Roth spends 70% of the movie on wires flying himself around which looks RIDICULOUS.

Mark Wahlberg doesn't like the apes OR the people and spends the whole movie telling everyone else to go away. Oh, and another bs plot point is that this isn't Earth in the future, but an entirely different planet in an alternate universe. But there are still totally kid apes playing soccer in the street wearing modern day soccer jerseys.

uuuughgghh and the ending before the stupid nonsensical ending, where everything is saved by Wahlberg's test monkey showing up at exactly the right time and place.

This movie is super duper terrible.

• Like 2

I never spent a lot of time researching the subject, but I always suspected that the ending was not part of the original script. It feels like something a studio exec came up with after wandering onto the set one day.

'Hey, you know what everyone remembers from the first POTA movie? That crazy ending! That's what this movie is missing. And you know what the best part of that ending was?'

'Well, the fact that Charlton Heston realizes that this is Earth, and that humanity had already destroyed itself...'

'No, no, no! The best part of the ending is it involves a national monument! We need an ending that involves a national monument!'

'Uhh, okay, well I guess...'

'The Washington Monument? No. Mount Rushmore? No, that's been done. Oh, I've got it! The Lincoln Memorial!'

'The Lincoln Memorial? Well, I guess we could come up with something...'

'Oh I've already got it! Mark lands on Earth and the Lincoln Memorial is an ape! Not just any ape, but Tim Roth's character!'

'But uhhh, we left him trapped in a broken spaceship with no fuel? How could he possibly...'

'It doesn't matter! Don't you see what a crazy mindfuck that ending will be?'

'That doesn't really make sense, though.'

'We've found our ending! Let Tim know.'

compared to the original APES and new ones films this is bad, just because it has great costume/set design doesn't make it a good film.. it feels more like the short-lived PLANET OF THE APES TV series acting-wise than an actual film.. lazy Tim Burton is on full-effect here.. plot structure is paper-thin

[media='']

[/media]

I'm very glad that the franchise got back on track and that this has essentially become the "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" of the series.

I'm very glad that the franchise got back on track and that this has essentially become the "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" of the series.

Matt Reeves and Andy Serkis have been huge pay-offs.. can't wait for the trailer for WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES

wfta-contest2.jpg

wfta4-2.jpg

Matt Reeves and Andy Serkis have been huge pay-offs.. can't wait for the trailer for WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES

wfta-contest2.jpg

wfta4-2.jpg

I can't wait for Tyler Perry's Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor on the Planet of the Apes.

I can't wait for Tyler Perry's Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor on the Planet of the Apes.

you talkin' about the new NINJA TURTLES film?

you talkin' about the new NINJA TURTLES film?

I forgot he was in that. That reminds me, I heard (from absolutely no one) that JJ's 2009 Star Trek was released in some cities as "Madea in Space".

Sign in to follow this