🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 265 - Mirror Face with The Magic Tavern

Adal Rifai, Arnir Niekamp, and Matt Young pay a visit from the Magic Tavern to join Matt Besser for this week's improv4humans. They put on a musical at the height of a pandemic, take the longest goodbyes, and avoid engaging in small talk about guacamole. Later, a gas station attendant crosses the line, and the Magic Tavern boys have to deal with some sorely offended fans.

Aw yeah babee! I love these 3 Foon Boons!

Any I4H fans who haven't checked out Hello from the Magic Tavern, please do. You will not regret it!

• Like 1

Here's the scene breakdown for this ep:

(3:06 - 25:49) Twitter Suggestion - “Pawn” - Putting on a musical at the height of a pandemic

(25:55 - 36:24) Question from Listener - “When has your enthusiasm or passion gotten you into trouble?” - A spooky key fuck party

(38:34 - 44:39) Question from Listener - “When is the last time you left a place without going through with an obligation?” - A goodbye spiel makes goodbyes take forever

(44:53 - 50:39) Twitter Suggestion/Question from Listener - "When was the last time you lied about having seen a movie or tv show?" - Avoiding engaging in a conversation about guacamole

(50:45 - 1:00:43) Crap on Youtube - “Hilarious Road Rage Commentary” - Getting a little too excited about a dog getting caught in a door

(1:01:19 - 1:09:36) Question from Listener - “What was your worst online dating experience?” - The gas station attendant that hits on your date

(1:09:42 - 1:27:05) Let’s Talk Some More About That - Second City people that left ETC - Magic Tavern offends their fans with their show

• Like 1

No, but i4H isn't exactly Masterpiece Theatre either. Gabrus probably would have jumped on that one.

If it makes you feel any better I did clog the toilet at a friend's party, and my crush at the time was at that party and I felt like that might have cost me my chance with the girl.

• Like 4

That night? Sit around kinda embarrassed about it.

Overall? Went to other parties and crushed on other girls.

• Like 3

I guess it's a good thing it was just a crush and not like the most important loadbearing support that was holding your life together. Things worked out pretty well for you I'd say, but stiill sorry to hear about what happened in the bathroom.

If it makes you feel any better I did clog the toilet at a friend's party, and my crush at the time was at that party and I felt like that might have cost me my chance with the girl.

That's pretty much the scene I imagined might happen if a guest bit.

• Like 2

I guess it's a good thing it was just a crush and not like the most important loadbearing support that was holding your life together. Things worked out pretty well for you I'd say, but stiill sorry to hear about what happened in the bathroom.

Eh, it happens.

Would someone get kicked out of a show for yelling "faggot"?

Well people say it ON STAGE sometimes on Doug Loves Movies without any rebuke, so we kinda have a ways to go it turns out.

(Sorry to work in my lingering resentment of DLM but its the example that popped into my head.)

Besser must be pretty upset that Hillary didn't win. I hope he can continue the podcast even if California secedes!

I like the Magic Tavern guys quite a bit, maybe even enough to check out their podcast. What I like even more is the username "Shrekronomicon". There's a pretty decent chance we'd be friends in real life just based on your name.

Hey Torontosaurus, my avatar is similar to yours and I'm also from Toronto. There's a pretty decent chance we'd hate each other in real life, based on previous encounters with you on these forums.

• Like 2

Besser must be pretty upset that Hillary didn't win. I hope he can continue the podcast even if California secedes!

I like the Magic Tavern guys quite a bit, maybe even enough to check out their podcast. What I like even more is the username "Shrekronomicon". There's a pretty decent chance we'd be friends in real life just based on your name.

Hey Torontosaurus, my avatar is similar to yours and I'm also from Toronto. There's a pretty decent chance we'd hate each other in real life, based on previous encounters with you on these forums.

Here comes that famous Canadian temper again.

• Like 1

I doubt besser really cares about Hillary winning or losing though. I get the vibe from him that he knows his politics are not really his decision.

He's got political ideas that I agree and disagree with, but I just can't imagine Hillary was one of his true private political ideas.

Sign in to follow this