🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 117 — Can\'t Never Did Nothing

This week's Comedy Bang Bang is perfect for all our ambitious listeners looking to make their dreams come true. Hear how director Ruben Fleischer created a career in comedy which has afforded him the chance to meet his idols. Be inspired by Ultimate Frisbee Advocate Sam Darling who has never let his dreams of playing the game fall to the wayside. Not every story has a happy ending though, like the infamous story of David Cross trying to play basketball with Bob Odenkirk. However, if you have dreamed of an episode with Would You Rather?, Hollywood Facts, AND a plane break, I think you'll feel satisfied once all is said and done.

I love the inevitable turning point in Hollywood Facts when guests start to get indignant toward Scott.

David Cross is awesome. So glad he finally graced CBB and didn't have to use his appearance to sneak Bret Gelman on like goddamn Odenkirk!

Scott, please bring back the Entourage recap! It's the final season and I can't keep track of who's longtime patner is dumping him.

best Hollywood facts segment yet. whatever u guys did differently, keep doin that.

Behind The Scenes factoid: There is actually a lot of Ultimate Frisbee going on before Earwolf recordings.

• Like 1

@Julia: "I love the inevitable turning point in Hollywood Facts when guests start to get indignant toward Scott."
Oh heck yes, and this episode it was even specialler than normal because David Cross*. "This is some weird Stanford Prison Experiment!". I also lost it the second time the answer was leopard. Spectacular mastery of the callback from Hot Saucerman.
Also, "... her quads are like rottweiler puppies ..." and "Seems like a man like you has stared death in the face. And that face is a frozen bird's face."
* Yes, it is grammatically correct to end a sentence "because David Cross".

• Like 1

I wonder what Sam thought about the Captain America movie. The whole thing's basically about one patriot's burning desire to play ultimate frisbee with the Nazis.

David "cross" certainly is! Bazinga!

I love that story about how some interviewers mention to him that he's actually nice and not an asshole, which pisses him off. Meanwhile, an actual non-asshole would just say "thank you" and never tell that story. Don't get me wrong, I like what an asshole cross is, I just wish he'd embrace it.

I registered an account to make that point because I am suceeding @ life.

Was I the only one who thought Cross actually didn't enjoy himself? Anyway, here's hoping that "Chip Wrecked" is the Back To The Future III of the Chipmunk movie franchise, meaning, they're able to bring back some of that charm from the original...and I really hope ZZ Top has a cameo.

@c b "Sam was suspiciously knowledgeable about ultimate frisbee for just a "character."' Yeah, he was pretty well-informed about the sport. "Spirit of the Game", 15 point games with a halftime at 8. Obviously Chad Carter either did his research, or more likely he's played the sport himself at at least a semi-organized level. As a (not very good) ultimate player myself, it was pretty cool to see new character Sam Darling as an "ultimate player" and I had to register to comment on this one. But all my frisbee-related geekiness aside, this was a great episode as always. David Cross is hilarious (probably my favorite character on "Arrested Development"). I honestly don't think that Cross wasn't enjoying himself, even if he was the biggest star there. He worked with Aukerman on "Mr. Show", so they've obviously known each other for years. I'm pretty sure that Cross' occasionally dismissive attitude towards Scott was just an act.

Due a rare computer virus that erases the last 5 minutes of all my podcasts, I've never actually been able to listen to the end of CBB/CDR. In fact, when I listen to podcasts that are less than 5 minutes (ie Affirmation Nation), it causes me to freeze in my tracks until time catches up. It is actually a blessing and hopefully I'll be able to infect my next computer and keep the virus alive. Please take that into consideration when reading the rest of my post.
CBB/CDR is an amazing show, a hilarious podcast I eagerly enjoy each week. Will we get to hear "Would you rather?" or "What am I thinking?", "Hollywood facts" or "Freestyle Rap"? The anticipation is agonizing!
I do have one confession to make; I really miss the world-famous slogan, "What's up hotdog?" I set myself to thinking and came up with an idea to seamlessly incorporate it back into the show via comedy bit or segment. As we all know, our esteemed host, Hawk Slotterman's dynamic personality and humor draws the finest talent to the illustrious CBB studios and he is not afraid to tackle the most pressing issues. Be that as it may, Hawk Slotterman's talent and comedic genius, let alone the oft-rumored Pringles Can package, cannot satiate my thirst for knowledge about these interesting people in one show! So I think you would be providing a valuable service to you and your guests in letting the general public know where we can see or hear these amazing performers. Name the segment, "What's Up Hot Dog Presents the Komedy Kalendar" or something like that and have the guests "plug" (list their upcoming appearance dates) to their hearts content!
Thanks for all the fun.

Sign in to follow this