🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Okay my two cents.

Beauty and the Beast - I agree with my fellow Cameron. If it's going to be a shot for shot remake what is the point? While I will see it, I'm not dying to see it. I am looking forward to the music though. Also I find the CGI face of the Beast to be a little flat and off putting.

GOTG2 - I love it and love how little information is given away. Neat visuals and a good joke, I know the tone and I'm hooked. I don't need or want to see more. As far as "Hooked on a Feeling" goes, I see it more as a marketing thing more than anything else. Like an unofficial theme song. I have no doubt that Awesome Mx Vol 2 will be a good listen.

Now what do you guys make of this?

• Like 2

^^^ I'm not a super fan of the original Ghost In The Shell -- it gets bogged down in pseudospiritual nonsense, when the best parts are the thriller/action stuff. The casting of Scarjo is pretty disappointing, I gotta say. You can handwave it away by saying "she's a cyborg/all new parts/etc", but it was always a Japanese character in a Japanese setting. I realize that casting her is probably why the movie got made, but still.

The guy playing Batou doesn't look a thing like him, either, assuming that guy with the eye implants is supposed to be him. Whatever.

Worst of all, it doesn't look like they're even sticking to the original story. Scarjo's Major is now the only cyborg in the world, which is a drastic change from the original -- everyone was part or full cyborg, androids and robots were common, 100% humans were a rarity. Based on just the trailer, it looks like it's gonna be Matrix-y action in a Blade Runner-ish world, probably more style than substance.

Writer and director have previously worked on Snow White & the Huntsman and Straight Outta Compton, very little else. Not much faith in this.

• Like 3

Also I'm beginning to hate that thing they do in trailers now, where they have a cover of a classic pop song but played SLOWER and EDGIER. This does it with Depeche Mode, Suicide Squad had Eurythmics "Sweet Dreams" (also used on Clash Of The Titans), A Walk Amongst The Tombstones had a sad version of "Black Hole Sun", even Birdman did this with Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy".

• Like 4

I know someone who saw a very very early screening of GotG and said it's better than the original and that was with unfinished effects.

Emma Watson is obviously beautiful I'm just concerned about her singing abilities, I wish they had cast Emmy Rossum or someone with some singing experience. I find the whole shot for shot remake thing a little boring Cinderella was pretty average.

If anyone wants to watch a different take on Beauty and the Beast there's a French version called La Belle Et La Bete from 2014 it has amazing costumes but it's a little bonkers and the talking furniture is replaces with weird half dog half bunny creatures.

• Like 3

Totally off topic does anyone know the minisode that Jason is on, also what's the episode he talks about how he mixed up sides of Boston in the Covenant.

Well Ewan McGregor has been known to sing from time to time as well.

I really really want to rewatch Moulin Rouge now.

RE: Ghost in the Shell - FUCK THAT SHIT. I also was never really a fan of the original (if I remember correctly they aired it way too late for me to ever catch it on Adult Swim/Tsunami) but my ex was a huge fan and would make me watch clips of it. So it always seemed interesting and like something I would enjoy if I just actually sat down and consumed it. But fuck this movie. Their reasoning for casting ScarJo was purely for commercial reasons and they fully admit it. I consider that to be bull shit. There doesn't appear to be a single Asian woman in that entire trailer other than a glimpse of what presumably is a stripper. So fucking awesome.

I hope that movie tanks and hard.

• Like 4

From someone who knows nothing about the original Ghost in the Shell - watching that trailer, where we get all of this really interesting Japanese imagery and future dystopia stuff, seeing ScarJo was immediately jarring as a person out of place in this setting, and then it was only exacerbated by her first line in the trailer: "This is Major." Now, people familiar with the property would know that Major is the character's name, but I didn't, so it just sounded like some Bill and Ted/Juno-style assessment of the situation she's in: "Whoa homeskillet, this is MAJOR, dude". Took me right out of the trailer and I never got back in. This casting looks brutal.

• Like 3

batman-laughing.gif

He's right, though. I am so sick of real people not being as hot as cartoon characters.

Speaking of, am I the only one who got a little too excited to see Leela's and Amy's butts on Futurama?

Butt seriously, saying they should cast a different actress who is prettier drives me fucking insane! I'm tired of women's careers depending on their looks. it's disgusting. Sure, Tom Cruise [sorry Amy Nicholson] and Brad Pitt would no doubt be nobodies if they weren't so gorgeous, but come on. There's yet another sitcom on TV where Kevin Fucking James is married to a thin, good-looking wife. You don't see the opposite on TV very often; at least not in the States.

• Like 2

Also: spell check in this text box doesn't pick up the word 'ScarJo' as misspelled. There's something wrong with that.

• Like 1

Also I'm beginning to hate that thing they do in trailers now, where they have a cover of a classic pop song but played SLOWER and EDGIER. This does it with Depeche Mode, Suicide Squad had Eurythmics "Sweet Dreams" (also used on Clash Of The Titans), A Walk Amongst The Tombstones had a sad version of "Black Hole Sun", even Birdman did this with Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy".

i sort of agree but i am at a 50 50 split of slower version over hype hop version, what if they just did both and got it over with..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNGuK4plJi8

Mind you I did like the

On that note the beer tent is now closed

• Like 1

As someone who has never watched a Cars movie, I have to ask -- do people drive the talking cars, or do they drive themselves? Are there people in this world, or is it some kind of post-apocalyptic shitscape where Skynet won and the machines wiped us out? What will happen when they reach peak oil?

• Like 4

As someone who has never watched a Cars movie, I have to ask -- do people drive the talking cars, or do they drive themselves? Are there people in this world, or is it some kind of post-apocalyptic shitscape where Skynet won and the machines wiped us out? What will happen when they reach peak oil?

There are no people. The cars drive themselves. The biggest mystery is how they build shit when they have no fucking hands.

• Like 3

I saw this trailer before 'Fantastic Beasts' on the weekend and just watched it again now. I can't decide if it's the best trailer I've ever seen or a portent of a terrible mess. I love most of Guy Ritchie but not sure how he'll go on this level, and if his East End London aesthetic will fit the Arthurian world or if it's way too anachronistic.

Thoughts?

Ooph, stop the trailer half way through cause its just giving away so many sets. But you know what? I can't tell which it is either. Anticipating a good bad-movie watch really. Though i'm afraid its going to be too medieval-epic good-vs-evil for it to be as funny as it ought to be. I'm afraid Man from UNCLE was a sign of things to come in that he's lost his comedic touch.

• Like 1

lets create a podcast all about trailers will show Jason whos boss. Mind you I think the The Golden Briefcase podcast did that once and ended up cutting it out because of the fact it's audio based and nothing is more boring then listening to podcasts about film trailers.

This weeks gem stone "Dog Eat Dog 2016"

and before the end credits Nicolas Cage gives us a Humphrey Bogart accent that is really not explained.

I actually saw this at a midnight screening during Fantastic Fest. It's....not good.

The only fun part about it is that Willem Dafoe is trying to out-Cage Cage for most of the movie. Everything else is completely awful/boring.

As far as trailers I really love right now, Manchester by the Sea looks really good (and is already the frontrunner in a lot of awards categories based on festival buzz):

It baffles me that Michelle Williams is not a bigger star. She's fucking amazing in everything.

And I'm also really looking forward to A Monster Calls (but I apparently can't post more than one goddamn video at a time)

It also played Fantastic Fest, but I usually avoid the bigger films that I know I can see later because the whole point of that fest is to see weird shit you can't see anywhere else (like, say, a Ugandan action movie made for $200)

Anyway, those aren't huge blockbuster films, but I'm honestly a bit burned out on the MCU (haven't even bothered with Doctor Strange because I find Benedict Cumberbatch to be a whole lot of "meh"). But I'm super pumped for Rogue One (already have tickets for the first two nights)!

• Like 1

Anyway, those aren't huge blockbuster films, but I'm honestly a bit burned out on the MCU (haven't even bothered with Doctor Strange because I find Benedict Cumberbatch to be a whole lot of "meh"). But I'm super pumped for Rogue One (already have tickets for the first two nights)!

As a fellow non-fan of Bendylip Cucumber, I have to say he actually surprised me in Doctor Strange. It's not the best MCU film out there but it's certainly above average. Also it far surpasses the shit that DC has put out this year.

I'm also pumped for Rogue One though!!! Really can't wait!

• Like 1

lets create a podcast all about trailers will show Jason whos boss. Mind you I think the The Golden Briefcase podcast did that once and ended up cutting it out because of the fact it's audio based and nothing is more boring then listening to podcasts about film trailers.

This weeks gem stone "Dog Eat Dog 2016"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2UFA8btZ-4

and before the end credits Nicolas Cage gives us a Humphrey Bogart accent that is really not explained.

Sir Nicolas Cage is having a big 2016, picking up momentum from the last couple years. Look at this resume from 2014-16!

Rage--Paul Maguire

Outcast--Gallain

Left Behind--Rayford Steele

Dying of the Light--Evan Lake

The Runner--Colin Price

Pay the Ghost--Mike Lawford

The Trust Lieutenant--Jim Stone

Snowden--Hank Forrester

USS Indianapolis: Men of Courage--Captain Charles B. McVay

Dog Eat Dog--Troy

Army of One--Gary Faulkner

I think USS Indianapolis and its $740k box office vs. a $40M budget should get a look! Or maybe Paul will steer clear now that he's shared a sit with the Cagiac him self.

• Like 1

I saw this trailer before 'Fantastic Beasts' on the weekend and just watched it again now. I can't decide if it's the best trailer I've ever seen or a portent of a terrible mess. I love most of Guy Ritchie but not sure how he'll go on this level, and if his East End London aesthetic will fit the Arthurian world or if it's way too anachronistic.

Thoughts?

Ever since Guy Ritchie Married Madonna, who we've yet to THX HDTGM style. he's been making so so films. Or at best and now he's remaking King Arthur, I love Excalibur and I feel it sort of set the bar of what we have come to expect from The King Arthur story. didn't they just remake this movie with Clive Owen or did I just dream that up in my sleep. I am not looking forward to watching that film, simply because of the fact that that I can't stand Charlie Hunnam as a actor and yes I did watch Sons of Anarchy but I feel he's from the school of Hayden Christense level of acting. but unlike Hayden Christense, he got lucky and got a good part on a tv show.

Sir Nicolas Cage is having a big 2016, picking up momentum from the last couple years. Look at this resume from 2014-16!

Rage--Paul Maguire

Outcast--Gallain

Left Behind--Rayford Steele

Dying of the Light--Evan Lake

The Runner--Colin Price

Pay the Ghost--Mike Lawford

The Trust Lieutenant--Jim Stone

Snowden--Hank Forrester

USS Indianapolis: Men of Courage--Captain Charles B. McVay

Dog Eat Dog--Troy

Army of One--Gary Faulkner

I think USS Indianapolis and its $740k box office vs. a $40M budget should get a look! Or maybe Paul will steer clear now that he's shared a sit with the Cagiac him self.

Nics got his agent on autopilot he's plans on buying back those magic castles of his that the IRS made him give up.

vxgmdv.jpg

btw I love that outfit, I am going to London and I want to fit in, I don't want to look out of place.

I really just came here to say Thank you to Tom Cruise for this movie.

The Mummy (2017) trailer

btw Tom thinks this movie is about his mother inlaw, Jokes on him.

• Like 2

I really just came here to say Thank you to Tom Cruise for this movie.

The Mummy (2017) trailer

btw Tom thinks this movie is about his mother inlaw, Jokes on him.

It's a Mummy reboot yet Russell Crowe is playing Dr. Henry Jekyll? What in blazes kind of mash-up is this?

Somewhere, Brendan Fraser weeps quietly into his low-alcohol beer.

It's a Mummy movie yet Russell Crowe is playing Dr. Henry Jekyll? What in blazes kind of mash-up is this?

Supposedly, they're doing a Universal Monsters "shared universe" thing. I think Johnny Depp is supposed to be playing the Invisible Man...

The whole thing sounds completely ridiculous to me. A shared universe works for Marvel and DC because comic book fans are used to heroes crossing over, but who's like, "I wonder what a Wolfman/Creature from the Black Lagoon team up would look like?" Wait a sec...They already did that. It was called Monster Squad and it was flawless.

• Like 3

Supposedly, they're doing a Universal Monsters "shared universe" thing. I think Johnny Depp is supposed to be playing the Invisible Man...

The whole thing sounds completely ridiculous to me. A shared universe works for Marvel and DC because comic book fans are used to heroes crossing over, but who's like, "I wonder what a Wolfman/Creature from the Black Lagoon team up would look like?" Wait a sec...They already did that. It was called Monster Squad and it was flawless.

*And 'Hotel Transylvania'. That had

some flaws.

• Like 1

At what point can we all get together and say, "Yeah...Johnny Depp shouldn't be a thing anymore"? I thought it would be after his 300th mediocre Tim Burton film, but apparently, we're still doing this.

*And 'Hotel Transylvania'. That had

some flaws.

Hey now. The first HT is surprisingly good, especially considering the voice cast. Unfortunately, the second one was pretty much garbage.

• Like 2