🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Hey now. The first HT is surprisingly good, especially considering the voice cast. Unfortunately, the second one was pretty much garbage.

Yes, I suppose so, although as the father of a 7 and 4 year old, the repeated viewings take the gloss off it immeasurably. My eldest once watched the first film six straight times without a break on a flight from Canada to Australia. He laughed hysterically at exactly the same points every time. And then I had to take them to the awful sequel at the cinema. But yes, I'm fine with HT really, I was mostly just bouncing off Cameron's team-up line, and conceding that few things that Sandler does nowadays are flawless. What was the last really good one he did? Happy Gilmore? Can't be. Big Daddy? Ugh. So many bad ones in there. Remember Click? And Little Nicky? Oy.

• Like 2

This looks better than the first one to me...

(I also enjoyed watching my four year old touch the side of his head like Star Lord does to make his helmet come down. My son asked to see it twice in a row!)

• Like 2

Yes that is Guillermo Del Toro and Mads Mikkelson in a game starring Norman Reedus done by the insane creator of Metal Gear Solid.

• Like 1

Wow people are going to be surprised by Nocturnal Animals if they go by just the tv promos. The promo showed the movie as a revenge flick rather than what it really is which is a story within a story about a former couple and their relationship and how it relates to the man's book that he's written. That might be one of the biggest con jobs for a movie promo I've seen in years.

Supposedly, they're doing a Universal Monsters "shared universe" thing. I think Johnny Depp is supposed to be playing the Invisible Man...

But if he's the Invisible Man how am I going to know how many rings and bracelets he's wearing, or if he's wearing too much eye liner?

• Like 1

...or if he's wearing too much eye liner?

...or too little?

jon4_0.gif

I do like the idea that we aren't going to have to witness Uncle Ben getting shot and starting the road to Spider-Man again, though I won't be surprised for a flashback. In all fairness I completely forgot they were making this movie until I saw the trailer so I had legitimate surprise when I was seeing Michael Keaton as the Vulture and a few other things that were initially announced before Civil War came out.

• Like 2

GUYS! The new title for Fast 8 will be here Sunday, but in the meantime, they've announced the movie's title:

I'm still SO MAD that they refuse to write "F8" instead of "Fate." How dare they!

I know. One of my film fest friends was like, "Whoever works in their marketing should be fired for this." If you're going to go with F8, you should at least use it in the title

But Infuri8ed is still a better fucking title, and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

• Like 2

I know. One of my film fest friends was like, "Whoever works in their marketing should be fired for this." If you're going to go with F8, you should at least use it in the title

But Infuri8ed is still a better fucking title, and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

I don't know, I think F8ful 8: Dom Takes Manhattan for First Contact rolls off the tongue pretty well.

• Like 2

I don't know, I think F8ful 8: Dom Takes Manhattan for First Contact rolls off the tongue pretty well.

This only works if they fight aliens.

God I fucking hope they fight aliens...

• Like 2

There's a goddamn submarine!!!! Merry Christmas everybody

https://youtu.be/5XBmsl7wbIQ

You son of a bitch. I came here to post this, and you beat me by five minutes :)

I was worried they were just going have Charlize Theron sitting in her control room with a headpiece in like Timothy Olyphant in Live Free or Die Hard, but the last sequence shows her actually doing shit, so that's cool.

So pumped!

• Like 1

You son of a bitch. I came here to post this, and you beat me by five minutes :)/>

So pumped!

Past 0130 hrs here, was having abit of trouble dozing off. said I'd check YouTube for some night time music ... now I'm completely awake.

Looks abit CGI heavy but the gangs all here and the carnage looks next level bonkers. And now I'm guessing all those stories about vin and the rock falling out was just to add a little more spice come promo time ... this trailer is more quotable than any film out this year ... can't wait