🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Ivy is definitely a tough one to cast, while Megan Fox has the look of some current versions of Ivy, she has the acting ability of a bag of dog poo. I know they wouldn't do it, but I would rather WB go for a new actress for the character or someone looking to break into movies from TV, but they want name recognition anymore with superhero films. I do like the idea that Anne Hathaway can possibly come back as Catwoman, but then I could also see them trying to bring in a different character to bolster the team like Cheetah or Killer Frost.

Everyone on social media is going on about the new Blade Runner trailer, but what's really important today is that THERE'S A NEW JOHN WICK TRAILER!

• Like 4

Everyone on social media is going on about the new Blade Runner trailer, but what's really important today is that THERE'S A NEW JOHN WICK TRAILER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChpLV9AMqm4&feature=youtu.be

Amazing! And a Neo-Morpheus reunion! 'John Wick' was one of the best airplane movies I ever saw. Looking forward to my next long flight for chapter 2. ;)

• Like 1

can't wait for that.

but after that came on in youtube it was this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_JAMRKzEHs

make sure you hit 1080 and hit fullscreen. it will make your hair stand up on your head.

can't wait for that.

but after that came on in youtube it was this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_JAMRKzEHs

make sure you hit 1080 and hit fullscreen. it will make your hair stand up on your head.

I am kinda wary of how this will play out because while the original has become a cult favorite over the years I don't know if it's going to be the hit everyone is thinking it will. I also wonder how they are going to play up the angle of if Ford is or isn't a replicant as the trailer can be viewed through a prism of both being correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChpLV9AMqm4&feature=youtu.be

Can we talk about this trend of putting a 5-second trailer for the trailer before the trailer? It started showing up everywhere this summer—

, etc.—and I don't know whether this only happens online* or theaters believe Millennials have the attention spans of goldfish.

* Trying to market a movie in the time it takes to scroll past an auto-playing trailer on your Facebook/Twitter timeline

• Like 1

Can we talk about this trend of putting a 5-second trailer for the trailer before the trailer? It started showing up everywhere this summer—

, etc.—and I don't know whether this only happens online* or theaters believe Millennials have the attention spans of goldfish.

* Trying to market a movie in the time it takes to scroll past an auto-playing trailer on your Facebook/Twitter timeline

I've only ever seen it online, and I think you might be right that they are trying to throw in something flashy to catch people's eyes on social media and get them to watch the whole trailer.

Edit: Yep, I found a couple articles like this one that explain it pretty well:

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2016/4/22/11487410/movie-trailers-independence-day-jason-bourne

Edit: Never mind. This appears to be fan-made. Filming hasn't even started.

How little of a life do you have to have in order to make a perfect recreation of a bootleg Con trailer?

Edit: Never mind. This appears to be fan-made. Filming hasn't even started.

Knowing it's fake makes those hands clapping and cheering at the end that much more hilarious lol

Knowing it's fake makes those hands clapping and cheering at the end that much more hilarious lol

I had a grade A rant typed out about how bullshit it was that they get their first female superhero movie and the first thing they decide to do is sexualize the shit out of her.

While I'm glad that's the case, it's a shame to let such a good rant go to waste :)

• Like 2

I am kinda wary of how this will play out because while the original has become a cult favorite over the years I don't know if it's going to be the hit everyone is thinking it will. I also wonder how they are going to play up the angle of if Ford is or isn't a replicant as the trailer can be viewed through a prism of both being correct.

I agree, I am scared of what the new bladerunner will be like.

28l43lz.jpg

I have this box-set that came out some years back and I still like of all the different versions the original version with Deckard commentary or what ever they called it. I hated when they changed the line at the end of the movie " i want more life fucker" to "I want more life father", that pissed me off. That was btw the first movie we ever rented on video. i can't remember how old I was but it was my birthday party and we had everyone from my school classroom invited. and we rented a VCR back before we had one and BladeRunner and a copy of Poltergeist got picked as the movie, we watched BladeRunner after all the younger kids had left btw. My mother and father had no idea what BladeRunner was LOL. Ohh well. it was a better selection then years later when we had rented Monty Python's Meaning of life and Excalibur. That was a funny night because two of the wifes of my family's friends had been pregnant so you can picture in your mind how "

" had gone over. I think it was the scene at the beginning that got most of them upset, was the baby falling on the floor, and the mother saying Pick it up would you dear?. I think we had cleared the room by the end of "
"
  • Like 1

That's what stunned me. Why would a person go through so much to make it look authentic? It's clearly from another reveal (I think the Infinity Wars teaser that came out a couple months back) and there is enough graininess to make it look like it was recorded on a camera phone.

I agree, I am scared of what the new bladerunner will be like.

28l43lz.jpg

I have this box-set that came out some years back and I still like of all the different versions the original version with Deckard commentary or what ever they called it. I hated when they changed the line at the end of the movie " i want more life fucker" to "I want more life father", that pissed me off. That was btw the first movie we ever rented on video. i can't remember how old I was but it was my birthday party and we had everyone from my school classroom invited. and we rented a VCR back before we had one and BladeRunner and a copy of Poltergeist got picked as the movie, we watched BladeRunner after all the younger kids had left btw. My mother and father had no idea what BladeRunner was LOL. Ohh well. it was a better selection then years later when we had rented Monty Python's Meaning of life and Excalibur. That was a funny night because two of the wifes of my family's friends had been pregnant so you can picture in your mind how "

" had gone over. I think it was the scene at the beginning that got most of them upset, was the baby falling on the floor, and the mother saying Pick it up would you dear?. I think we had cleared the room by the end of "
"

Yeah I got whatever ultimate collection it was that had all four versions of the movie and enjoyed all of them, though to be fair a couple of them only featured minute changes. I like that it looks like there will be at least some practical effects in this one and I do wonder how they are going to address the Sean Young aspect of the film, because she's only been in smaller releases since her heyday and has burned quite a few bridges in Hollywood.

That's what stunned me. Why would a person go through so much to make it look authentic? It's clearly from another reveal (I think the Infinity Wars teaser that came out a couple months back) and there is enough graininess to make it look like it was recorded on a camera phone.

Yeah I got whatever ultimate collection it was that had all four versions of the movie and enjoyed all of them, though to be fair a couple of them only featured minute changes. I like that it looks like there will be at least some practical effects in this one and I do wonder how they are going to address the Sean Young aspect of the film, because she's only been in smaller releases since her heyday and has burned quite a few bridges in Hollywood.

I am guessing that Sean Young dies in the first 10 mins at future world starbucks... and that causes Deckard to come back and find answers. Like why she would die from a frappuccino cause her to go into shock and die.

That's ridiculous, Millennials' attention spans are f

• Like 3

I'm still SO MAD that they refuse to write "F8" instead of "Fate." How dare they!

I know. One of my film fest friends was like, "Whoever works in their marketing should be fired for this." If you're going to go with F8, you should at least use it in the title

But Infuri8ed is still a better fucking title, and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

Cheer up Fister Roboto for Fast Five down here they put the 5 in the title and it works phonetically as well... There is still hope

p-naime-13.jpg

Maybe studios just don't want to risk it anymore in the title department after "Scre4m" and "Fant4stic"

I'm in the minority as having enjoyed Prometheus but this really looks like they are swinging for the fences with this one.

• Like 3

I'm in the minority as having enjoyed Prometheus but this really looks like they are swinging for the fences with this one.

That last scene in the trailer tho....

Hoky fuck I can't wait.

this time, all your questions will be answered. with more questions! an engineer will show up and answer everything by playing a

• Like 1

I find myself unreasonably upset by the lead actress' stupid fucking haircut. Don't mind short hair, love it most of the time. But a straight up mushroom cut? wtf is this? Whatever, this whole movie is basically playing off my fetish for ladies in tank-tops on spaceships and/or easing into spacesuits. Bless you, Ridley.

• Like 1

I find myself unreasonably upset by the lead actress' stupid fucking haircut. Don't mind short hair, love it most of the time. But a straight up mushroom cut? wtf is this? Whatever, this whole movie is basically playing off my fetish for ladies in tank-tops on spaceships and/or easing into spacesuits. Bless you, Ridley.

I agree, I liked the girl from Prometheus Noomi Rapace. I thought she was hot in that movie. why not bring her back. I am a bit of a Audrey Tautou from Amélie fan. so I love her.

I agree, I liked the girl from Prometheus Noomi Rapace. I thought she was hot in that movie. why not bring her back. I am a bit of a Audrey Tautou from Amélie fan. so I love her.

She is back in this one, and I think you can see her briefly in the trailer. From what I've read her parts may just be flashbacks from the time between the last movie and this one. And to be fair most of my questions were answered in Prometheus, but people still had issues with how the crew hierarchy was set and that everything wasn't overtly laid out.