๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—

Is that Andrea Savage and Lennon Parham fighting each other?

ย 

I don't think this looks all that great, but it's got an amazing cast.

That gagging button at the end of the trailer is the best thing I've seen all week. Go Zouks!

• Like 5

I haven't been able to even click play because I'm laughing so hard at Jason's half face in that still lol

ย 

The best quality of the still...

ย 

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2

Also I'm beginning to hate that thing they do in trailers now, where they have a cover of a classic pop song but played SLOWER and EDGIER.

A trend that started all the way back in 2001 with Donnie Darko, when Gary Jules covered "Mad World" by Tears for Fears.

ย 

To be fair, the cover actually *sounds* like a different song.

ย 

I'm thrilled that they've expanded their color palette. I definitely saw some light gray AND dark gray in there.

• Like 3

^My problem with that trailer is that I feel like it gave the entire movie away.

^My problem with that trailer is that I feel like it gave the entire movie away.

Maybe they thought they had to set up why this was a different Spider-man? Like, "Listen, they really need to know this isn't about Uncle Ben again."

• Like 1

ย 

I've never had a problem with the Thor movies like some people have, but this one looks legitimately fun.

• Like 5

I've never had a problem with the Thor movies like some people have, but this one looks legitimately fun.

This is the perfect trailer and I think I'll not watch any others because this just hyped me up for this movie so hard! Taika already looks like he nailed it!!!

• Like 3

ย 

This is the perfect trailer and I think I'll not watch any others because this just hyped me up for this movie so hard! Taika already looks like he nailed it!!!

ย 

Exactly! It's got the right tone and doesn't reveal too much. I love it!

• Like 3

As burned out as I am on Marvel movies, I'm actually looking forward to this one. Taika is the shit, and this trailer has a HUGE Kirby aesthetic to it, which I'm totally down for.

• Like 5

With this Thor it looks like they are starting to tie all of the aspects of the MCU (superhero, mystic, space) together as they head towards Avengers 3. With Benedict Cumberbatch confirmed for this film it's not a surprise after the mid-credit scene from the last film, I would also not be surprised to see the Guardians of the Galaxy to be at least referenced in this film considering the aesthetic for this trailer had a very Guardians feel to it and it features another Elder God in Jeff Goldbloom's Grandmaster character. Definitely looking forward to this film.

• Like 1

Also, I've loved the previous Thor movies. It's shocking to me that people that dig the MCU will bitch about Thor films in the same breath that they praise Loki.

• Like 3

A trailer that shows a lot of the action scenes in the movie...

ย 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiTECkLZ8HM

I'm interested to see where Marvel takes one of their marquee characters, though I had to shake my head at the scenes of Tony Stark being "stern dad" to Peter Parker. When he tells him he shouldn't be a superhero if he has to rely on his suit that made me question in my head, "you mean like you completely do? Otherwise you just create robots or programs that completely fuck up the world."

ย 

Also, I've loved the previous Thor movies. It's shocking to me that people that dig the MCU will bitch about Thor films in the same breath that they praise Loki.

ย 

I liked the first one okay, though I think it's the next weakest Marvel film next to Iron Man 2, but loved Dark World as it really expanded the Thor universe, which it appears that this one will do even more so.

• Like 3

I liked the first one okay, though I think it's the next weakest Marvel film next to Iron Man 2, but loved Dark World as it really expanded the Thor universe, which it appears that this one will do even more so.

I like the first one a lot. IM2 and the first Captain America are the only ones that are "bleh" for me in Phase One.

• Like 1

ย 

I like the first one a lot. IM2 and the first Captain America are the only ones that are "bleh" for me in Phase One.

ย 

I agree 100%

ย 

ETA: And Incredible Hulk which I keep forgetting is technically a part of Phase One...or that it even exists.

• Like 1

"Iron Man 2" (that last fight scene was TOO quick amongst other things) and "Thor: The Dark World" (plesedon'tkillme) are the weakest for me. Maybe it is because a friend spoiled Thor 2 before I got to see it, but who knows...

ย 

I'm interested to see where Marvel takes one of their marquee characters, though I had to shake my head at the scenes of Tony Stark being "stern dad" to Peter Parker. When he tells him he shouldn't be a superhero if he has to rely on his suit that made me question in my head, "you mean like you completely do? Otherwise you just create robots or programs that completely fuck up the world."

ย 

He didn't rely on the suit during long parts of "Iron Man 3" (A movie that people seem to hate and I love more than one and two) and also there was "The Clean Slate Protocol" and when he just had that watch glove thing during the Bucky escape scene in Civil War

ย 

tumblr_o27khabnde1tmmcpno2_r1_500.gif

• Like 2

He didn't rely on the suit during long parts of "Iron Man 3" (A movie that people seem to hate and I love more than one and two) and also there was "The Clean Slate Protocol" and when he just had that watch glove thing during the Bucky escape scene in Civil War

ย 

tumblr_o27khabnde1tmmcpno2_r1_500.gif

I loved IM3 though the scene where he MacGuyvers his way through the Mandarin's mansion just showed that he could handle rent a thugs, though still with assistance from near super tech. While some may compare him to Batman like this, Bruce Wayne at least has years of training in numerous forms of combat, whereas Stark is just a condescending alcoholic.

• Like 1

Don't know if this one has been mentioned but The Bad Batch looks intriguing as hell. Directed by the woman who did A Girl Walks A Home Alone At Night and starring Suki Waterhouse, Jason Mamoa, Keanue Reeves, and Jim Carrey, it comes off as a mix of Mad Max dystopia as if directed by Nicolas Winding Refn.

ย 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY_Yu14juVY

• Like 1

Don't know if this one has been mentioned but The Bad Batch looks intriguing as hell. Directed by the woman who did A Girl Walks A Home Alone At Night and starring Suki Waterhouse, Jason Mamoa, Keanue Reeves, and Jim Carrey, it comes off as a mix of Mad Max dystopia as if directed by Nicolas Winding Refn.

ย 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY_Yu14juVY

I am SUPER excited for that movie. My friend saw it last year, and he liked it a lot. It's gotten kind of mixed reviews, and he said he sees where the criticism comes from, but it's still cool.

ย 

Also, Neon (Alamo Drafthouse's new distribution company) is totally killing it right now. They just released Colossal (which every should see because it's awesome. They've got The Bad Batch, and they just picked up this movie, which looks really funny:

ย 

ย 

Note: it's a Red Band trailer, but that's just because of some swearing in the first bit.