302 replies to this topic

#261 Quasar Sniffer

Elitist Prick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:49 AM

View PostRyan Sz, on 07 August 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

I don't care how the person gets to where they question their morals, I just at least want the tone to be the dark tone it was because that is the only way it works without becoming schlocky. I actually liked the first 30-45 seconds as it showed Willis trying to deal with this loss and figuring out he needed to get his hands dirty, even using death traps to get his revenge, because it was still in that tone. Even with Eli Roth as the director I thought this would be the right combo because he can get the violence and darkness where it needs to be, then it all goes south real quick. I can tell you right now that if you wanted to make this trailer the right tone and a total home run, replace "Back in Black" with "In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins. There's a song with a brooding tone about loss and coming to grips with moving forward and with the old urban legends about the song it would work well for a vigilante film. Hell inter cut the crescendo drum beat to bullet shots to sell the movie to action fans, and BAM you just won Hollywood.

I would love to see Denzel in the role as he would finally be in a Death Wish movie after years of people mistaking him for having his first role being in the original Death Wish as a nameless thug.

Well.... I agree with everything you said.
Posted Image
"What about rubbing it with butter, sir?"
"You blasted fool! You can't rub a girl with butter!"
- Top Hat (1935)

"I love that the demographic for this podcast is, like, college professors." - Rob Huebel

#262 Quasar Sniffer

Elitist Prick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:51 AM

FROM THE DIRECTOR OF CON AIR, Antonio Banderas chewing scenery, terrible puns, and the amazing Olga Kurylenko continuing to be misused/wasted by Hollywood:

- Top Hat (1935)

"I love that the demographic for this podcast is, like, college professors." - Rob Huebel

#263 Society Max

Ⓜⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • LocationⓂⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:17 AM

View PostFister Roboto, on 07 August 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

I thought Atomic Blonde was pretty terrible. I'm pretty sure the script was written by a horny 14-year-old that was just like, "Yeah, fight! Now kiss! Now boobies! Now more fight!"

Have you seen John Wick (2014) ???

What would you change in Atomic Blonde to make it good/better/great ???

#264 Fister Roboto

#likesanimals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:24 PM

View PostGood times2the Max!miliano, on 08 August 2017 - 09:17 AM, said:

Have you seen John Wick (2014) ???

What would you change in Atomic Blonde to make it good/better/great ???

Yeah, I've seen John Wick, and it's great.

The first thing I'd do in Atomic Blonde is have someone that can write dialgue take a stab at the script. There are so many shitty cheesy lines in that movie (starting with the whole stupid "cocksucker" line in the interrogation). Then I'd actually write the characters instead of making these thinly sketched people I don't care about. And then I'd get rid of the whole male gaze jerking off that constitutes half the movie.

To me, this movie was the Boondocks Saints to John Wick's Pulp Fiction. It's a badly written, pale imitation that misses everything that was great about the original.
"Fuck this fucking movie!" -Cameron H

#265 Society Max

Ⓜⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • LocationⓂⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:59 AM

*Public Service Announcement*

DO NOT waste your time with Baywatch (2017), Rob Huebel and Hannibal Buress were the only ones that nailed the tone that the entire movie should of had, its a shame their roles were brief.

IMHO Both the movie and the jokes were 10 to 20 years too late (They even carbon copied the "There's Something About Mary" zipper scene)

If you want to see The Rock and Alexandra Daddario (+ Carla Gugino and Paul Giamatti)I recommend you see "San Andreas" instead...

*This has been a Public Service Announcement...*

Posted Image

Have a splendid day... :)

#266 firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:34 AM

i saw this trailer when i went to see baby driver but the movie only came out over here this weekend. i'm not saying this is a movie worth watching but i wanted to comment on the trailer. i've moaned before about how bad trailers are now and how they show you too much but this takes it to a whole other level. i know i haven't seen the movie but i'm pretty sure they basically showed you 90% of the movie. i'm guessing there's a nicolas sparks type twist at the end but this is ridiculous.

#267 Society Max

Ⓜⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • LocationⓂⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:00 AM

View Postfirsttimecallerlongtimelistenr, on 17 August 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

i've moaned before about how bad trailers are now and how they show you too much but this takes it to a whole other level. i know i haven't seen the movie but i'm pretty sure they basically showed you 90% of the movie. i'm guessing there's a nicolas sparks type twist at the end but this is ridiculous.

90%... So they showed ALMOST "everything, everything" ;)

(They probably thought to themselves... If we are going to show the whole movie THIS is the trailer to do it)

#268 Fister Roboto

#likesanimals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:51 AM

i've moaned before about how bad trailers are now and how they show you too much but this takes it to a whole other level. i know i haven't seen the movie but i'm pretty sure they basically showed you 90% of the movie.

That's why you watch trailers for A24 films. They are probably the perfect trailers in my book.

And speaking of which....THE FIRST TRAILER FOR THE KILLING OF A SACRED DEER CAME OUT YESTERDAY!" It's Yorgos Lanthimos' (The Lobster, Dogtooth) new movie, and it's supposed to be a psychological horror movie, and I can't be more excited for it!

"Fuck this fucking movie!" -Cameron H

#269 Elektra Boogaloo

Mistress of All Agonies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:55 PM

i saw this trailer when i went to see baby driver but the movie only came out over here this weekend. i'm not saying this is a movie worth watching but i wanted to comment on the trailer. i've moaned before about how bad trailers are now and how they show you too much but this takes it to a whole other level. i know i haven't seen the movie but i'm pretty sure they basically showed you 90% of the movie. i'm guessing there's a nicolas sparks type twist at the end but this is ridiculous.

I have to rant about this book for a little while because I really like the author and the premise is the lead character has the "bubble boy" disease that so often gets made fun of. And I thought, "How great to show what living with illness is actually like!" when I first heard about it. I have a chronic illness, not anything as bad as that, but like it's difficult to accept that your days are just never going to be like you see on TV or whatever.

Spoiler

I'm excited to see Amandla Stenberg get a leading role but I wish it was any other book really.

#270 tomspanks

jaded meowndarin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:28 AM

View PostElektra Boogaloo, on 18 August 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

I have to rant about this book for a little while because I really like the author and the premise is the lead character has the "bubble boy" disease that so often gets made fun of. And I thought, "How great to show what living with illness is actually like!" when I first heard about it. I have a chronic illness, not anything as bad as that, but like it's difficult to accept that your days are just never going to be like you see on TV or whatever.

Spoiler

I'm excited to see Amandla Stenberg get a leading role but I wish it was any other book really.

After watching the trailer, I wanted to post this gif as a joke. Glad I didn't!

Spoiler

#271 Quasar Sniffer

Elitist Prick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:42 AM

Not a trailer but REAL LIFE that should be a movie....
Posted Image
- Top Hat (1935)

#272 Ryan Sz

Technically a scientist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:49 PM

View PostQuasar Sniffer, on 19 August 2017 - 09:42 AM, said:

Not a trailer but REAL LIFE that should be a movie....
Posted Image

To be fair, I don't think he knew it was stolen when he paid just shy of 300k for it.
2016 DLM Challenge: 618 movies (478 new)
"I'm gonna fuck the 'Mind of Mencia' out of you!" - Paul Scheer
"Fuck you, I watched this fucking movie bro!" June Diane Raphael
"If I'm holding a baby and I say 'cunt punch,' it's gonna be pretty fucking funny." - Zouks
"How's yo dick?" - Nicole Byer

#273 Ryan Sz

Technically a scientist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:01 PM

Very excited for this show, though I hope the woman in the trailer getting a gun aimed at her head isn't Maria Castle, as that would be an egregious break in continuity.
"If I'm holding a baby and I say 'cunt punch,' it's gonna be pretty fucking funny." - Zouks

#274 Elektra Boogaloo

Mistress of All Agonies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:36 PM

Very excited for this show, though I hope the woman in the trailer getting a gun aimed at her head isn't Maria Castle, as that would be an egregious break in continuity.

I'm sure we can expect more than one woman to be brutalized. Yay?

#275 Ryan Sz

Technically a scientist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:54 PM

View PostElektra Boogaloo, on 23 August 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

I'm sure we can expect more than one woman to be brutalized. Yay?

If it's the bad guys I guess, because that would break canon even more as the Punisher targeted 90% male villains, with the only females being like super egregious baddies like Elektra, sex slavers, and child murderers. Though with Elektra it was more of a frenemy kind of thing as they would go from trying to kill each other to being lovers, sort of just depended on if Elektra was running the Hand or not.

#276 firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 29 August 2017 - 10:38 AM

#277 Quasar Sniffer

Elitist Prick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:43 AM

Arnold having fun with bazookas is a movie I will watch FOREVER. MY MONEY IS YOURS, GUNTHER!
- Top Hat (1935)

#278 Elektra Boogaloo

Mistress of All Agonies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:45 AM

#279 Ryan Sz

Technically a scientist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:00 PM

View Postfirsttimecallerlongtimelistenr, on 29 August 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

This is why I always preferred Arnold over Sly as Arnold has always been able to step back and realize he's kind of a dopey actor and that he can just have fun with what he does unlike Stallone who still takes himself way too seriously. This looks really fun and with the other people involved should be pretty funny.

#280 Quasar Sniffer

Elitist Prick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:01 AM

Sean Astin. Tom Arnold. Jake Busey. Giant Ants.

- Top Hat (1935)