Trailer Talk

313 replies to this topic

#301 Ryan Sz

Technically a scientist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:32 PM

If you haven't seen it already I highly suggest watching Brawl in Cell Block 99 starring Vince Vaughn and Don Johnson. The trailer reveals almost nothing as to what this movie is about and that's for the best as Vaughn gives one of the best performances of his career. The fight scenes for the most part are very realistic and up until Vaughn is sent to a maximum security facility, the film is a pretty good representation of a prison environment, although in no prison would officers be walking the halls or yard carrying firearms. Once Vaughn gets to the titular cell block, the film becomes a mix of a prison exploitation film from the 70s and a horror flick, but the performances remain great despite that fact. Also be warned that this film incredibly visceral and brutal in its violence, and isn't for the easily squeamish.

2016 DLM Challenge: 618 movies (478 new)
"I'm gonna fuck the 'Mind of Mencia' out of you!" - Paul Scheer
"Fuck you, I watched this fucking movie bro!" June Diane Raphael
"If I'm holding a baby and I say 'cunt punch,' it's gonna be pretty fucking funny." - Zouks
"How's yo dick?" - Nicole Byer

#302 Quasar Sniffer

Elitist Prick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:49 AM

Thanks for the recommendation! I've been meaning to watch Brawl in Cell Block 99 since I first saw the trailer a couple months ago. It is next on my to-watch list after I finish Mudbound. Brawl in Cell Block 99's previous film, Bone Tomahawk, really took me by surprise by how good it was. I'm eager to see what he has in store for us next.
"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat - a Studebaker."
- The Muppet Movie (1979)

"I love that the demographic for this podcast is, like, college professors." - Rob Huebel

#303 Ryan Sz

Technically a scientist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:36 PM

I loved Bone Tomahawk as well, though was pissed that it became Prime free after I had already bought the DVD. I was incredibly surprised by this film in that I was not expecting it to switch tone and become a grindhouse film midway through, even though Vaughn plays it perfectly straight throughout the film. This is one of those films where I'm thinking to myself that I shouldn't be enjoying this as much as I am, but Vaughn's performance really is the deal sealer for me. Add to it that the trailer really doesn't reveal ANYTHING about what to expect from this film and it's a great watch.
"If I'm holding a baby and I say 'cunt punch,' it's gonna be pretty fucking funny." - Zouks

#304 Cameron H.

Neil Diamond Super Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,450 posts
  • LocationChâteau D’If

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:03 PM

I know we’ve probably all watched this a few times by now, but here it is again...

Violet: I've never failed to complete.
Ultraviolet (2006)

Lecturer: Children smoke - a reefer stick! Thinking it to be an ordinary, perfectly harmless cigarette.
Reefer Madness (2005)

#305 taylor anne photo

A Most Peculiar Mademoiselle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationDeep in the heart of Texas

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:17 PM

View PostCameron H., on 29 November 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

I know we’ve probably all watched this a few times by now, but here it is again...

Man that Steve Rogers beard tho

Posted Image
"Taylor doesn't comment often, but when she does, she burns the whole fuckin' place down." - CakeBug Tranch

#306 Elektra Boogaloo

Mistress of All Agonies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:02 AM

The Disaster Artist Cast recreate worst movie lines.

Seth should be on to talk about XXX.

#307 Ryan Sz

Technically a scientist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:43 PM

View PostCameron H., on 29 November 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

I love how Marvel has basically made this trailer for everyone, even those who can't hear the trailer while sneaking a peek at work. You can literally watch that trailer and get the basic idea of what's going on without hearing a single word said. Unfortunately, the reaction to the trailer from some comic nerds about Thanos makes me hate being a comic nerd. The character looks almost pulled from the pages of a comic, but because he is shown not wearing his helmet for 100% of the trailer people are losing their fucking minds, that along with what his chin looks like, which mind you has ALWAYS looked like that.

Also this...just cuz.
Posted Image

#308 Elektra Boogaloo

Mistress of All Agonies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:18 PM

I am not a fan of Thanos the character. Also not excited about like Darkseid in DC. They are kind of characters without a personality. But I do want Nebula to kill him, so I am upset she was not in the trailer.

YouTube keeps recommending DISASTER ARTIST press tour stuff with Paul in it to me.

#309 Quasar Sniffer

Elitist Prick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:48 AM

View PostElektra Boogaloo, on 02 December 2017 - 04:18 PM, said:

I am not a fan of Thanos the character. Also not excited about like Darkseid in DC. They are kind of characters without a personality. But I do want Nebula to kill him, so I am upset she was not in the trailer.

I agree with this, actually. Thanos makes me pine for a well-done Doctor Doom, who is one of the most interesting villains in all of comics. Instead, we get Evil Space Dictator #38693. However, if he was the Big Bad in a Guardians of the Galaxy 3 movie and Nebula and Gamora team up to murder his dumb purple oversized chin, THAT is a movie I would like to see. Guardians of the Galaxy: The franchise with the most Daddy Issues!
"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat - a Studebaker."
- The Muppet Movie (1979)

"I love that the demographic for this podcast is, like, college professors." - Rob Huebel

#310 Elektra Boogaloo

Mistress of All Agonies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:58 PM

Oh if Nebula & Gamora don't get to kill Thanos I will riot. He has no connection to anyone else. Who cares?

#311 Cameron H.

Neil Diamond Super Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,450 posts
  • LocationChâteau D’If

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:30 PM

View PostElektra Boogaloo, on 03 December 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

Oh if Nebula & Gamora don't get to kill Thanos I will riot. He has no connection to anyone else. Who cares?

I’m just speculating, but I’m going to put this behind spoiler tags because you never know and I’d hate to ruin something for someone...

Spoiler

Ultraviolet (2006)

Lecturer: Children smoke - a reefer stick! Thinking it to be an ordinary, perfectly harmless cigarette.
Reefer Madness (2005)

#312 ElieB

Bald

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:37 PM

Cam H...
Spoiler

Heavy Sigh... - "the British woman"

#313 Cameron H.

Neil Diamond Super Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,450 posts
  • LocationChâteau D’If

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:06 PM

ElieB, on 08 December 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

Cam H...
Spoiler

Ha!

Spoiler

Ultraviolet (2006)

Reefer Madness (2005)

#314 Ryan Sz

Technically a scientist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:28 PM

So I'm kinda ticked after going to the Avengers STATION exhibit in Las Vegas as my tour guide basically spoiled
Spoiler
in Infinity Wars, which was only being guessed and teased at, the exhibit also teased at a new Avenger member in the next film with a under wraps display, so I'm assuming either Black Panther or Spider-Man become a member officially or since Brie Larson's name has shown up in the cast list on IMDB, maybe Captain Marvel, so I'm hoping it's in the stingers if not part of a hail-mary to defeat Thanos.