284 replies to this topic

#41 CakeBug Tranch

Loyal Tompkastaway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • LocationSchmocation

Posted 28 November 2016 - 06:26 AM

I saw this trailer before 'Fantastic Beasts' on the weekend and just watched it again now. I can't decide if it's the best trailer I've ever seen or a portent of a terrible mess. I love most of Guy Ritchie but not sure how he'll go on this level, and if his East End London aesthetic will fit the Arthurian world or if it's way too anachronistic.

Thoughts?

Mark: "But I thought we are all orpans." Deep Down inside, we all are, Miami Connection

Dorothy Shaw: "I like a man who can run faster than I can." Choosy, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

No-Prize Champion
Vampire's Kiss; xXx: Return of Xander Cage; Body Parts; The Running Man

#42 ElieB

Bald

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:52 AM

Ooph, stop the trailer half way through cause its just giving away so many sets. But you know what? I can't tell which it is either. Anticipating a good bad-movie watch really. Though i'm afraid its going to be too medieval-epic good-vs-evil for it to be as funny as it ought to be. I'm afraid Man from UNCLE was a sign of things to come in that he's lost his comedic touch.
Heavy Sigh... - "the British woman"

#43 Fister Roboto

#likesanimals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:25 AM

View Postjerrycanada, on 15 November 2016 - 10:31 AM, said:

lets create a podcast all about trailers will show Jason whos boss. Mind you I think the The Golden Briefcase podcast did that once and ended up cutting it out because of the fact it's audio based and nothing is more boring then listening to podcasts about film trailers.

This weeks gem stone "Dog Eat Dog 2016"

Spoiler

I actually saw this at a midnight screening during Fantastic Fest. It's....not good.

The only fun part about it is that Willem Dafoe is trying to out-Cage Cage for most of the movie. Everything else is completely awful/boring.

As far as trailers I really love right now, Manchester by the Sea looks really good (and is already the frontrunner in a lot of awards categories based on festival buzz):

It baffles me that Michelle Williams is not a bigger star. She's fucking amazing in everything.

And I'm also really looking forward to A Monster Calls (but I apparently can't post more than one goddamn video at a time)

It also played Fantastic Fest, but I usually avoid the bigger films that I know I can see later because the whole point of that fest is to see weird shit you can't see anywhere else (like, say, a Ugandan action movie made for $200)

Anyway, those aren't huge blockbuster films, but I'm honestly a bit burned out on the MCU (haven't even bothered with Doctor Strange because I find Benedict Cumberbatch to be a whole lot of "meh"). But I'm super pumped for Rogue One (already have tickets for the first two nights)!
"Fuck this fucking movie!" -Cameron H

#44 taylor anne photo

A Most Peculiar Mademoiselle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • LocationDeep in the heart of Texas

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:35 AM

View PostFister Roboto, on 30 November 2016 - 07:25 AM, said:

Anyway, those aren't huge blockbuster films, but I'm honestly a bit burned out on the MCU (haven't even bothered with Doctor Strange because I find Benedict Cumberbatch to be a whole lot of "meh"). But I'm super pumped for Rogue One (already have tickets for the first two nights)!

As a fellow non-fan of Bendylip Cucumber, I have to say he actually surprised me in Doctor Strange. It's not the best MCU film out there but it's certainly above average. Also it far surpasses the shit that DC has put out this year.

I'm also pumped for Rogue One though!!! Really can't wait!
"Taylor doesn't comment often, but when she does, she burns the whole fuckin' place down." - CakeBug Tranch

#45 ironicmerman

Sentient hot dogs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:55 AM

View Postjerrycanada, on 15 November 2016 - 10:31 AM, said:

lets create a podcast all about trailers will show Jason whos boss. Mind you I think the The Golden Briefcase podcast did that once and ended up cutting it out because of the fact it's audio based and nothing is more boring then listening to podcasts about film trailers.

This weeks gem stone "Dog Eat Dog 2016"

Spoiler

Sir Nicolas Cage is having a big 2016, picking up momentum from the last couple years. Look at this resume from 2014-16!

Rage--Paul Maguire
Outcast--Gallain
Left Behind--Rayford Steele
Dying of the Light--Evan Lake
The Runner--Colin Price
Pay the Ghost--Mike Lawford
The Trust Lieutenant--Jim Stone
Snowden--Hank Forrester
USS Indianapolis: Men of Courage--Captain Charles B. McVay
Dog Eat Dog--Troy
Army of One--Gary Faulkner

I think USS Indianapolis and its $740k box office vs. a $40M budget should get a look! Or maybe Paul will steer clear now that he's shared a sit with the Cagiac him self.
Technicality. No. Down. Boo. Over.

#46 jerrycanada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:34 AM

View PostCakeBug Tranch, on 28 November 2016 - 06:26 AM, said:

I saw this trailer before 'Fantastic Beasts' on the weekend and just watched it again now. I can't decide if it's the best trailer I've ever seen or a portent of a terrible mess. I love most of Guy Ritchie but not sure how he'll go on this level, and if his East End London aesthetic will fit the Arthurian world or if it's way too anachronistic.

Thoughts?

Ever since Guy Ritchie Married Madonna, who we've yet to THX HDTGM style. he's been making so so films. Or at best and now he's remaking King Arthur, I love Excalibur and I feel it sort of set the bar of what we have come to expect from The King Arthur story. didn't they just remake this movie with Clive Owen or did I just dream that up in my sleep. I am not looking forward to watching that film, simply because of the fact that that I can't stand Charlie Hunnam as a actor and yes I did watch Sons of Anarchy but I feel he's from the school of Hayden Christense level of acting. but unlike Hayden Christense, he got lucky and got a good part on a tv show.

View PostIRONicmerMAN, on 30 November 2016 - 11:55 AM, said:

Sir Nicolas Cage is having a big 2016, picking up momentum from the last couple years. Look at this resume from 2014-16!

Rage--Paul Maguire
Outcast--Gallain
Left Behind--Rayford Steele
Dying of the Light--Evan Lake
The Runner--Colin Price
Pay the Ghost--Mike Lawford
The Trust Lieutenant--Jim Stone
Snowden--Hank Forrester
USS Indianapolis: Men of Courage--Captain Charles B. McVay
Dog Eat Dog--Troy
Army of One--Gary Faulkner

I think USS Indianapolis and its $740k box office vs. a $40M budget should get a look! Or maybe Paul will steer clear now that he's shared a sit with the Cagiac him self.

Nics got his agent on autopilot he's plans on buying back those magic castles of his that the IRS made him give up.

Posted Image
btw I love that outfit, I am going to London and I want to fit in, I don't want to look out of place.

I really just came here to say Thank you to Tom Cruise for this movie.

The Mummy (2017) trailer here.

btw Tom thinks this movie is about his mother inlaw, Jokes on him.

#47 CakeBug Tranch

Loyal Tompkastaway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • LocationSchmocation

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:47 PM

View Postjerrycanada, on 01 December 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

I really just came here to say Thank you to Tom Cruise for this movie.

The Mummy (2017) trailer here.

btw Tom thinks this movie is about his mother inlaw, Jokes on him.

It's a Mummy reboot yet Russell Crowe is playing Dr. Henry Jekyll? What in blazes kind of mash-up is this?

Somewhere, Brendan Fraser weeps quietly into his low-alcohol beer.
Mark: "But I thought we are all orpans." Deep Down inside, we all are, Miami Connection

Dorothy Shaw: "I like a man who can run faster than I can." Choosy, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

No-Prize Champion

#48 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:55 PM

View PostCakeBug Tranch, on 01 December 2016 - 03:47 PM, said:

It's a Mummy movie yet Russell Crowe is playing Dr. Henry Jekyll? What in blazes kind of mash-up is this?

Supposedly, they're doing a Universal Monsters "shared universe" thing. I think Johnny Depp is supposed to be playing the Invisible Man...

The whole thing sounds completely ridiculous to me. A shared universe works for Marvel and DC because comic book fans are used to heroes crossing over, but who's like, "I wonder what a Wolfman/Creature from the Black Lagoon team up would look like?" Wait a sec...They already did that. It was called Monster Squad and it was flawless.
Tom: Mark, I loved those licks you were doing.
Miami Connection (1988)

Miss Mona: You know, it's always a business doing pleasure with you, Charlie!
The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas (1982)

#49 CakeBug Tranch

Loyal Tompkastaway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • LocationSchmocation

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:58 PM

View PostCameron H., on 01 December 2016 - 03:55 PM, said:

Supposedly, they're doing a Universal Monsters "shared universe" thing. I think Johnny Depp is supposed to be playing the Invisible Man...

The whole thing sounds completely ridiculous to me. A shared universe works for Marvel and DC because comic book fans are used to heroes crossing over, but who's like, "I wonder what a Wolfman/Creature from the Black Lagoon team up would look like?" Wait a sec...They already did that. It was called Monster Squad and it was flawless.

*And 'Hotel Transylvania'. That had
Spoiler

No-Prize Champion

#50 Fister Roboto

#likesanimals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:21 PM

At what point can we all get together and say, "Yeah...Johnny Depp shouldn't be a thing anymore"? I thought it would be after his 300th mediocre Tim Burton film, but apparently, we're still doing this.

View PostCakeBug Tranch, on 01 December 2016 - 03:58 PM, said:

*And 'Hotel Transylvania'. That had
Spoiler

Hey now. The first HT is surprisingly good, especially considering the voice cast. Unfortunately, the second one was pretty much garbage.
"Fuck this fucking movie!" -Cameron H

#51 CakeBug Tranch

Loyal Tompkastaway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • LocationSchmocation

Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:57 PM

View PostFister Roboto, on 01 December 2016 - 04:21 PM, said:

Hey now. The first HT is surprisingly good, especially considering the voice cast. Unfortunately, the second one was pretty much garbage.

Yes, I suppose so, although as the father of a 7 and 4 year old, the repeated viewings take the gloss off it immeasurably. My eldest once watched the first film six straight times without a break on a flight from Canada to Australia. He laughed hysterically at exactly the same points every time. And then I had to take them to the awful sequel at the cinema. But yes, I'm fine with HT really, I was mostly just bouncing off Cameron's team-up line, and conceding that few things that Sandler does nowadays are flawless. What was the last really good one he did? Happy Gilmore? Can't be. Big Daddy? Ugh. So many bad ones in there. Remember Click? And Little Nicky? Oy.

No-Prize Champion

#52 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:36 PM

This looks better than the first one to me...

(I also enjoyed watching my four year old touch the side of his head like Star Lord does to make his helmet come down. My son asked to see it twice in a row!)
Miami Connection (1988)

#53 Ryan Sz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:52 PM

While not a movie, there were a couple games that had trailers released that I am totally amped for and they offer so much in regards to emotion or WTFness that I felt I should share.

Technically a scientist
2016 DLM Challenge: 618 movies (478 new)
"I'm gonna fuck the 'Mind of Mencia' out of you!" - Paul Scheer
"Fuck you, I watched this fucking movie bro!" June Diane Raphael
"If I'm holding a baby and I say 'cunt punch,' it's gonna be pretty fucking funny." - Zouks
"How's yo dick?" - Nicole Byer

#54 Ryan Sz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:53 PM

Yes that is Guillermo Del Toro and Mads Mikkelson in a game starring Norman Reedus done by the insane creator of Metal Gear Solid.
Technically a scientist
"If I'm holding a baby and I say 'cunt punch,' it's gonna be pretty fucking funny." - Zouks

#55 Ryan Sz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:21 PM

Wow people are going to be surprised by Nocturnal Animals if they go by just the tv promos. The promo showed the movie as a revenge flick rather than what it really is which is a story within a story about a former couple and their relationship and how it relates to the man's book that he's written. That might be one of the biggest con jobs for a movie promo I've seen in years.
Technically a scientist

#56 firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:41 PM

#57 Ryan Sz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:44 PM

But if he's the Invisible Man how am I going to know how many rings and bracelets he's wearing, or if he's wearing too much eye liner?
Technically a scientist

#58 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 05 December 2016 - 02:12 PM

View PostRyan Sz, on 05 December 2016 - 01:44 PM, said:

...or if he's wearing too much eye liner?

...or too little?

Spoiler

Miami Connection (1988)

#59 jerrycanada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:50 PM

That movie we've all been waiting for..

Baywatch (2017)

#60 tomspanks

jaded meowndarin

• Members
  • PipPipPip