🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

If you haven't seen it already I highly suggest watching Brawl in Cell Block 99 starring Vince Vaughn and Don Johnson. The trailer reveals almost nothing as to what this movie is about and that's for the best as Vaughn gives one of the best performances of his career. The fight scenes for the most part are very realistic and up until Vaughn is sent to a maximum security facility, the film is a pretty good representation of a prison environment, although in no prison would officers be walking the halls or yard carrying firearms. Once Vaughn gets to the titular cell block, the film becomes a mix of a prison exploitation film from the 70s and a horror flick, but the performances remain great despite that fact. Also be warned that this film incredibly visceral and brutal in its violence, and isn't for the easily squeamish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stQ2Pif1gL4

• Like 1

Thanks for the recommendation! I've been meaning to watch Brawl in Cell Block 99 since I first saw the trailer a couple months ago. It is next on my to-watch list after I finish Mudbound. Brawl in Cell Block 99's previous film, Bone Tomahawk, really took me by surprise by how good it was. I'm eager to see what he has in store for us next.

I loved Bone Tomahawk as well, though was pissed that it became Prime free after I had already bought the DVD. I was incredibly surprised by this film in that I was not expecting it to switch tone and become a grindhouse film midway through, even though Vaughn plays it perfectly straight throughout the film. This is one of those films where I'm thinking to myself that I shouldn't be enjoying this as much as I am, but Vaughn's performance really is the deal sealer for me. Add to it that the trailer really doesn't reveal ANYTHING about what to expect from this film and it's a great watch.

I know we’ve probably all watched this a few times by now, but here it is again...

• Like 3

I know we’ve probably all watched this a few times by now, but here it is again...

Man that Steve Rogers beard tho

tenor.gif?itemid=4144210

• Like 3

http://youtu.be/DjNQq0iXJYY

I love how Marvel has basically made this trailer for everyone, even those who can't hear the trailer while sneaking a peek at work. You can literally watch that trailer and get the basic idea of what's going on without hearing a single word said. Unfortunately, the reaction to the trailer from some comic nerds about Thanos makes me hate being a comic nerd. The character looks almost pulled from the pages of a comic, but because he is shown not wearing his helmet for 100% of the trailer people are losing their fucking minds, that along with what his chin looks like, which mind you has ALWAYS looked like that.

Also this...just cuz.

cf5.jpg

• Like 3

I am not a fan of Thanos the character. Also not excited about like Darkseid in DC. They are kind of characters without a personality. But I do want Nebula to kill him, so I am upset she was not in the trailer.

YouTube keeps recommending DISASTER ARTIST press tour stuff with Paul in it to me.

• Like 3

I am not a fan of Thanos the character. Also not excited about like Darkseid in DC. They are kind of characters without a personality. But I do want Nebula to kill him, so I am upset she was not in the trailer.

I agree with this, actually. Thanos makes me pine for a well-done Doctor Doom, who is one of the most interesting villains in all of comics. Instead, we get Evil Space Dictator #38693. However, if he was the Big Bad in a Guardians of the Galaxy 3 movie and Nebula and Gamora team up to murder his dumb purple oversized chin, THAT is a movie I would like to see. Guardians of the Galaxy: The franchise with the most Daddy Issues!

• Like 3

Oh if Nebula & Gamora don't get to kill Thanos I will riot. He has no connection to anyone else. Who cares?

I’m just speculating, but I’m going to put this behind spoiler tags because you never know and I’d hate to ruin something for someone...

While I agree that would be poetic, I don’t see that happening. Mostly because this feels more like an Avengers movie than a Guardians movie. Had they left Thanos in space - as the big bad of that franchise’s Trilogy - then I’d guess... “heroic sacrifice” for Nebula (this will probably still happen) and Gamora with the kill shot.

My guess is it’s going to be either Hawkeye (most likely) or Black Widow (very likely). I think it’s is going to be one of those, “regular human beats a god” type things. Although, I bet Gamora provides the distraction. I also feel, since neither of those characters have their own franchise (and therefore Don’t have the opportunity to be a “hero” elsewhere), it makes them the most Avenger-y of the group. Plus, it would give Hawkeye the clout to be the new team leader - which would not surprise me at all.

• Like 2

Cam H...

I just threw up in my mouth at the thought of Jeremy Renner leading the Avengers... Not a chance in this or any other shared universe does that happen.

If anything, it paves the way for Captain Marvel to take up the leadership in some way. It's her natural position in future phases. While Dr. Strange, Black Panther and newly appropriated character rights from fox start their illuminati-type council.

I just hope we get to see a Falcon-BlackWidow-Bucky movie about who gets to take up cap's shield.

• Like 1

Cam H...

I just threw up in my mouth at the thought of Jeremy Renner leading the Avengers... Not a chance in this or any other shared universe does that happen.

If anything, it paves the way for Captain Marvel to take up the leadership in some way. It's her natural position in future phases. While Dr. Strange, Black Panther and newly appropriated character rights from fox start their illuminati-type council.

I just hope we get to see a Falcon-BlackWidow-Bucky movie about who gets to take up cap's shield.

Ha!

I’m not saying that’s what *I* want. It’s just a hunch. What I do know is that Renner has been champing at the bit for more to do, Hawkeye has led the Avengers in the comics, and he’s already been photographed in his Ronin gear for Avengers 5 (so we know he survives). I think it’ might end up being a co-leading thing - like Cap and Iron Man. Or maybe he takes over SHIELD and he’s the new Nick Fury. These are all just guesses of course.

I am excited about the Fox merger, though. You just know Avengers 6 is going to be AvX to unite the worlds

So I'm kinda ticked after going to the Avengers STATION exhibit in Las Vegas as my tour guide basically spoiled

that Steve Rogers goes by Nomad

in Infinity Wars, which was only being guessed and teased at, the exhibit also teased at a new Avenger member in the next film with a under wraps display, so I'm assuming either Black Panther or Spider-Man become a member officially or since Brie Larson's name has shown up in the cast list on IMDB, maybe Captain Marvel, so I'm hoping it's in the stingers if not part of a hail-mary to defeat Thanos.

I can't wait to see Hereditary as it looks amazing and like it has some strong performances from the main cast, along with A24 just nailing it out of the park with each of their releases.

If you haven't read I Kill Giants, I highly recommend that you do because the book is incredible in how it uses fantasy and epic battles to get the message across about serious moments of growth in every person's life and how it is dealt with by someone who may not truly grasp the enormity of it like others would.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMutrPkeeHM

• Like 1

https://www.cbr.com/...-rick-famuyiwa/

I swear to God, it better be Moon Knight...

Man, that would be amazing.

And in a case of casting being so meta it's perfect, Shia LaBeouf is playing a talented, but niche, cultural icon now best remember for his outburst and strange personal behavior rather than his passionate commitment to his chosen profession, John McEnroe

• Like 1

Man, that would be amazing.

And in a case of casting being so meta it's perfect, Shia LaBeouf is playing a talented, but niche, cultural icon now best remember for his outburst and strange personal behavior rather than his passionate commitment to his chosen profession, John McEnroe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlH4DqQTdCU

Yeah it's great casting, but I could have sworn this came out a year or two ago.

New Infinity War Trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwievZ1Tx-8

They also released the poster and a certain character is oddly missing from the group. Literally only Hawkeye got left out of everything. Now I'm wondering why they even bothered putting him in the MCU at all if they were never going to treat his character properly. So many good story lines he's been part of in the comics, so much good character development could have been done, but nah let's just throw him to the side and hope his fans get a glimpse of him.

New Infinity War Trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwievZ1Tx-8

They also released the poster and a certain character is oddly missing from the group. Literally only Hawkeye got left out of everything. Now I'm wondering why they even bothered putting him in the MCU at all if they were never going to treat his character properly. So many good story lines he's been part of in the comics, so much good character development could have been done, but nah let's just throw him to the side and hope his fans get a glimpse of him.

i only saw black panther this week. it deserved the hype. not your typical marvel movie. one of the stand out stars was letitia wright who played shuri. i looked her up and i'd be shocked if she's not on one of those "actors with biggest box office takings" lists at the end of the year ...

IeaTXCf.jpg

i only saw black panther this week. it deserved the hype. not your typical marvel movie. one of the stand out stars was letitia wright who played shuri. i looked her up and i'd be shocked if she's not on one of those "actors with biggest box office takings" lists at the end of the year ...

IeaTXCf.jpg

Shuri is literally everything to me right now. Is it because she's like the first to capture Millennial culture and throw sick burns to everyone she meets? Probably but who cares cause she's hilarious and according to canon smarter than Tony Stark so she's A+++ in my mind.

• Like 1

Totally unrelated but...

How/when/where do they announce what movie they will be doing at live shows? Specifically Chicago.