🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

New Infinity War Trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwievZ1Tx-8

They also released the poster and a certain character is oddly missing from the group. Literally only Hawkeye got left out of everything. Now I'm wondering why they even bothered putting him in the MCU at all if they were never going to treat his character properly. So many good story lines he's been part of in the comics, so much good character development could have been done, but nah let's just throw him to the side and hope his fans get a glimpse of him.

Peter meeting Dr. Strange was adorable! I’m eager how he’s going to explain to his classmates how he disappears off of that bus.

• Like 1

Peter meeting Dr. Strange was adorable! I’m eager how he’s going to explain to his classmates how he disappears off of that bus.

What I'm wondering is if Ant-Man and the Wasp is set before the events of Avengers 3 since the world doesn't look wrecked at all from that trailer, or if someone is going to use the Infinity Gauntlet to reset the damage done in the film to make the timeline work.

• Like 1

Very interesting looking thriller with the amazing David Tennant. Am kind of interested more in that the change-up of the main character being forward with the cops and saying he was trying to rob the villain, unlike countless movies where the protagonist has to hide how they know the villain is the villain.

• Like 1

Jason Statham, Ruby Rose, shark movie, dog in the water. That was written for this show, right?

Ruby better punch that fucking shark in the nose.

• Like 2

I wish Earwolf gave us the ability to like a post eleventy hundred times. So pumped up for this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S9c5nnDd_s

I am already extremely attracted to Rami Malek and I've never been more attracted to him than I am when he is Freddie holy shit.

Yeah I was actually looking forward to this movie when Sacha Baron Cohen was attached to play Mercury, and I'm not a fan of his but he could have pulled the look of Mercury off. I'm amazed at how much Malek looks like Mercury and glad that it seems they went with a happy medium in making this movie by having this movie basically be Mercury's story leading up to their performance at Live Aid.

This is unlike the original premise which is what caused Cohen to leave the project previously as it was revealed that the surviving band members wanted Mercury's death to be done early in the movie, with the majority of the movie involving the groups performances and story after the charismatic singer's death. I'm sorry but without Mercury there is no story as he was the heart and soul of that group.

• Like 3

This is unlike the original premise which is what caused Cohen to leave the project previously as it was revealed that the surviving band members wanted Mercury's death to be done early in the movie, with the majority of the movie involving the groups performances and story after the charismatic singer's death. I'm sorry but without Mercury there is no story as he was the heart and soul of that group.

I had heard rumors it was also because the studio wanted to downplay his bisexuality as well as the AIDS crisis, so if they are still going down that route then we're gonna have a bad time...

• Like 2

From what I read in the same article about the rest of the band wanting Mercury to die early in the film and then it be about them moving past, they also wanted it to be a PG family friendly film. Cohen and the director left the project shortly after and it was being rewritten by the guy who did The Theory of Everything. I'm hoping it's at least PG-13 because otherwise it's completely whitewashing the man's life. I keep reading mixed theories on what length of time it will cover, as I've read both that it is meant to end with their Live Aid performance while other articles say it does reference his death due to AIDS, but this could simply be a quick montage/text box before the credits. They are releasing this in November so it makes me think that they are trying to put this in for some award consideration, making it seem they put some time in to make this a quality film, but that was also the case with the Steve Jobs biopics.

It just sucks that this could be a great film based on an incredible singer and person, only for it to be ruined for petty reasons. I mean it's been so long since we've had a singer as talented as him, you know, outside of the two closest talents from the last 20 years:

screen-shot-2017-06-21-at-11-39-33-am.png?w=807rs-181786-104543298.jpg

• Like 4

https://youtu.be/6S3phVSi0tI

This movie looks so fucking rad! And the cast is just AMAZING

That is a stacked cast for sure. It reminds me of a graphic novel that's now being made into a film called The Kitchen about three wives of Irish gangsters who take up the rackets after their husbands get sent to jail, eventually moving further up the crime ladder than they did.

what's this nonsense???

I'm kind of intrigued by this one as the YA book it's based on is pretty well regarded and it's definitely a unique take on the dystopian/Mad Max worlds that have been put on screen over the years, especially as it mixes in some elements from video games like Bioshock Infinite. I'm just wondering if it will actually go into detail about how the various cities were propped up on these big movie machines or if it's expected to be taken at face value as fantasy.

I'm tired of steampunk. It's the future but we would DEFINITELY revert to Victorian society.

• Like 1

Very interested in this because of the people involved and the fact that they are basically retconning the entire series after the first film. That cause me to be leery as that would mean Laurie Strode would not know Michael Myers was her brother, as that was revealed in Halloween 2, after reading an interview with Danny McBride where he mentions they did a slight retcon to the original's ending and seeing in the trailer how they handle that topic, it looks like it will do a pretty good job of making a more coherent story than the original series did from part 4 onward.

• Like 2

I am also very intrigued by the new Halloween. I like that, instead of another reboot or sequel, they are taking the characters people love to watch (i.e. Michael Myers and Laurie Strode) and approach the franchise from a different angle. We've had a ton of attempts at reboots and sequels, so it's cool to see something like this.

• Like 1

So I saw Hereditary today and was not disappointed for the most part. I wasn't surprised by the difference between critic and audience scores, since the movie isn't a straightforward horror film and it does run a bit longer than it should making the slow pace seem slower. The performances were really good, especially Toni Collette and Alex Wolff, and the trailers didn't really reveal much of anything in regards to where this movie was heading, especially the big shock early in the film. I would love to see Collette get some award recognition as this isn't a run of the mill horror film and her performance is easily the best of her career, but with this being a June release and the rarity of horror films getting big award love, I think it's a slim to none chance.

• Like 1

So I saw Hereditary today and was not disappointed for the most part. I wasn't surprised by the difference between critic and audience scores, since the movie isn't a straightforward horror film and it does run a bit longer than it should making the slow pace seem slower. The performances were really good, especially Toni Collette and Alex Wolff, and the trailers didn't really reveal much of anything in regards to where this movie was heading, especially the big shock early in the film. I would love to see Collette get some award recognition as this isn't a run of the mill horror film and her performance is easily the best of her career, but with this being a June release and the rarity of horror films getting big award love, I think it's a slim to none chance.

So what did disappoint you if you weren't "for the most part?"

So what did disappoint you if you weren't "for the most part?"

It was the pacing. It was just slow and not for the reason of building tension in a way that reminded me of The Witch, but at least with this film the impactful scenes more than made up for the lulls. This film does a great job of messing with your head as to what you think is going on, almost like an attempt to give you a feeling of mental uncertainty within yourself as you watch these characters deal with the situations in front of them. I think if they cut out the lull moments it really would have tightened up the whole film and made it a 5 star film rather than a 4 1/2 star for me.

It was the pacing. It was just slow and not for the reason of building tension in a way that reminded me of The Witch, but at least with this film the impactful scenes more than made up for the lulls. This film does a great job of messing with your head as to what you think is going on, almost like an attempt to give you a feeling of mental uncertainty within yourself as you watch these characters deal with the situations in front of them. I think if they cut out the lull moments it really would have tightened up the whole film and made it a 5 star film rather than a 4 1/2 star for me.

Yeah I didn't get that same feeling from the slowness of it, but I did also do 4 1/2 stars.

The only thing I wanted was

A better reveal for the whole twist. Once she starts finding the stuff it's all laid out in three sentences and doesn't necessarily get deeper into an explanation of wtf is happening STILL until the last lines of the whole movie. I had many questions after the movie and while I think a great thing about this movie is that I wanted to discuss it heavily immediately afterwards, but the questions I had should have been covered.

• Like 1

Yeah I didn't get that same feeling from the slowness of it, but I did also do 4 1/2 stars.

The only thing I wanted was

A better reveal for the whole twist. Once she starts finding the stuff it's all laid out in three sentences and doesn't necessarily get deeper into an explanation of wtf is happening STILL until the last lines of the whole movie. I had many questions after the movie and while I think a great thing about this movie is that I wanted to discuss it heavily immediately afterwards, but the questions I had should have been covered.

For me,

I started to believe the whole twist was going to be that there was nothing supernatural going on and the movie was being played out as a way to give the audience a sense of mental unwellness as we watched this family tear itself apart at the seems, until near the end when it became clear it was a cult of people leading the family into unleashing their god onto the world.

I did think that there was a bit a stretch needed to get to the point where the brother was to be sacrificed as it was the sister who the grandmother was grooming to be the carrier. It was pure dumb luck that the sister died leading to Toni Collette even considering doing a seance to contact the spirit world. If she hadn't forced her to go to the party she would still be alive, as the son said, so unless there was a scene cut explaining that the cult was doing some sort of mystic work to drive her into making the daughter go to the party, it makes no sense for it to happen other than needing to get to the next plot point. Though to be fair I did love the photo where the cult was making it rain on the grandma with the gold coins, sounds like the best party ever.

• Like 1

For me,

I started to believe the whole twist was going to be that there was nothing supernatural going on and the movie was being played out as a way to give the audience a sense of mental unwellness as we watched this family tear itself apart at the seems, until near the end when it became clear it was a cult of people leading the family into unleashing their god onto the world.

I did think that there was a bit a stretch needed to get to the point where the brother was to be sacrificed as it was the sister who the grandmother was grooming to be the carrier. It was pure dumb luck that the sister died leading to Toni Collette even considering doing a seance to contact the spirit world. If she hadn't forced her to go to the party she would still be alive, as the son said, so unless there was a scene cut explaining that the cult was doing some sort of mystic work to drive her into making the daughter go to the party, it makes no sense for it to happen other than needing to get to the next plot point. Though to be fair I did love the photo where the cult was making it rain on the grandma with the gold coins, sounds like the best party ever.

Oh they totally knew she was going to die. I don't know how or anything but they had marked that pole with their symbol and I believe they're the ones who left the deer out in the road. It was all part of their greater plan to put Charlie's soul into Peter because she needed to be in a male body. Part of me even believes that the reason she decapitated the bird was because she inherently knew that's how she was going to die.

I just can't exactly figure out how Charlie was groomed and why Peter couldn't have been used to begin with. Charlie certainly wasn't born as Paimon so I'm a little confused why it was Charlie.

• Like 1