🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 36 — How Did This Get Made?

Once again, Who Charted? welcomes Earwolf brethren into the orchard with Paul Scheer, host of How Did This Get Made? and star of NTSF: SD: SUV::. Our music chart is Billboard's Biggest Jumpers and features one of our favorite summah anthems. We've got a great game in store, but HDTGM listeners will be pleased to hear who shows up on the movie chart. Check out the web-only bonus chart (summah lovahs only!) and don't miss out on the I Heal With My Steel video contest!

"Oh...well...I don't seem to know much about any media. Um...can I ask you, why am I here?"

Every week I become more and more convinced that Howard is unintentionally the funniest person alive. Can't wait for the Summah album.
Also, I couldn't breathe when Howard sent well wishes to London residents during the chart darts theme.

Paul Scheer/Kreayshawn Fan Art vs. Zippy the Pinhead

[attachment=4429,93]

Anyone who likes Kreashawn(sp?) is what is wrong with hip-hop and music in general. She is nothing more than a fucking hipster piece of shit doing blackface without the shoe polish. She and that other one, Vic Nasty, can go to hell. You should check out the YouTube video of where she excuses her partner's use of the n-word. And why does she think it is ok to use racial slurs? Because Vic Nasty went to jail one time; three years for armed robbery.

Boo. Hiss.

With a name like Shariq Torres, he has to be offended. Morons get to make music. You know why there are 50 incarnations of MIA's Paperplanes? She didn't have another hit in her. It's just a summah song. Long live Tyler, the Creator.

Let me get this straight, Anton, you're puzzled by why I wouldn't want to hear a white chick call me the n-word?

Mmmmm. No. I'm puzzled as to why you think hopping up on a soapbox is actually going to make it clearer to the world who's an idiot and who isn't. Cross your fingers, hope she Winehouses out and change the station.

Hey... negativity is for the Carolla fansite!!! Take it to the showers boys. I got all happy when Kulap read my post on Chart Chatter, thanks. Tell Paul I found the Nazi Gold but it was actually a brand of super high quality chocolate. I expect a visit from Chuy the Chart Chicken any day now....
P.S. That Kreayshawn song is turrible(in Charles Barkley voice) Execellent ep. by the way.

That's the answer, anton. If you just keep ignoring racism it will all go away. Or better yet, when someone brings up the obvious racial dynamics in a white girl participating in an primarily black artform using slurs against the said creators of the artform, just distill it down to differing tastes in music. Anything to stop the conversation.

Because in the end, you actually like that she does this. Or at the very least, don't see a big problem with it at all. Maybe you're one of those hipster fucks that thinks it is "unfair" that since black people go around insulting themselves that you should be able to as well. Maybe you're one of those misguided fools who think if enough (white) people use the n-word, then the word's "power" is taken away. Maybe you just don't like black people. I don't know.

I'm letting Howard know that when he bumps Kreashawn(sp?) that is what he is promoting -- good ole fashioned appropriation.

Dude, you are giving a word way too much power over your happiness. Intent is what you need to take into account. I could call someone a meatball with way more hatred than some predetermined "slur" used in a passive manner. Take a chill pill

Kris, actually you can't do that. No matter how angry you say "meatball" it will not have the same effect as calling a black person the n-word. There are hundreds of years and millions of dead and tortured humans behind that word. They weren't saying "meatball" while lynching people, Kris. Really, I can't believe that you even wrote something so silly.

Calm down Mustafa Gomez, I am black. Maybe a hipster, I do ride a moped and have at least one ironic tattoo; but definitely black. Kanye West has a song in which he calls biracial girls "mutts," Tyler, the Creator drops F bombs; I don't defend their beliefs, or behaviors. The fact is, I don't hang out with Kanye West, I play the songs of his that I like. I'm not saying I would ever want to be in the same room as Kreayshawn for longer than, let's say, a blowjob; all I'm saying is that I like her song (and repetitive punctuation). I also like Eminem, Nas and a host of other rappers who say dumb shit (i.e. no homo). By the way, hip hop was started by dumb ass kids who dress whacky; why take it away now that Obama's in office? Shake, shake, shake ya rump.

I am an advocate of "The Kramer" slide out. I've been yelled at while escaping, cussed out for leaving, and many attempts have been made to make me feel guilty for my informality. But people rarely know what a pioneer is doing. PS- YOU GUYS ARE MY WHOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLE WEDNESDAY.

name dropped!

glad I got to spread the word on Theophilus London and especially Death Grips. although self-serving, I would love a portion of the show to interact with the hosts about music. shooting YouTube videos back and forth., shit like that.

great episode.

I have to say, I love the show, but I really miss the music after the show. It was a great outro. Winter fairy is still a regular listen for me. BRING IT BACK!!!!

I can't figure out any of the clues to find the Nazi gold? WTF?! Is anyone else having the same problem?

I always referred to the kramer move as the irish goodbye, I am a huge advocate of this practice cuz I am a terrible shaker and or hugger , I dont get it.

I wonder what Kulap's obviously-edited-out story about Shrek was? Did she get replaced by Cameron Diaz?

Sign in to follow this