🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
RyanSz

What Movie Would You Choose If You Got To Guest Host?

There have been topics about what movies the show should do or what they haven't done yet but nothing about what we would choose to do if we got to be a guest host, similar to how Doug Loves Movies has fans on as participants who occasionally get to choose the other players. So it's simple, just list 2-3 movies that you would love to talk about on the show and why the movie would work.

Last Action Hero: an insane satire of action movies starring Arnold Schwarzenegger that somehow has gotten better with age and irony. Arnold shows an early look at the kind of loose actor he'd become in more recent movies and Charles Dance completely owns his role as Benedict.

Rocky IV: Stallone ends the Cold War with boxing and Paulie fucks a robot, enough said.

Virtuosity: Denzel fights a virtual Russell Crowe who is based on 666 serial killers, with the obligatory fight in virtual reality.

• Like 1

Ryan Sz, I've only seen Rocky IV (which would be amazing), but I like all your choices!

I would pick:

The Baby (1973)

One of my the most insane movies I've ever seen.

Laker Girls (1990)

Tina Yothers plays a Laker girl. It's glorious.

The Happening (2008)

To me, this is one of the best worst movies of all time. The dialogue is my favorite terrible part, but the acting, main plot, and characters are all terrible, too.

• Like 2

Most of my ideas for movies have been done already so.

but here goes, as of dec 03 2016 this is what I am going with, but that could change at any time.

this isn't going to make me any new friends but Starwars episode one forsure! LOL

Steven kings: double feature night:

and then,

Paul we need more movies about cats!!!

I only have one thing to say about these two films go

Ryan Sz: I would love a Rocky IV movie, I got attacked for suggesting Last Action Hero.

Aw I liked Cat's Eye and thought it was actually a pretty good adaptation of two of King's stories despite the massive amount of coincidence needed for the through story to work. I have really grown to love Last Action Hero but I can look and see how it would be great for the show with how crazy it is.

The best part of last action movie hero is Tom Noonan, he is a god of a actor and I love his cameo roles that he plays on tv. that guy is busy... He was in Hell on Wheels and then 12 monkeys and The Leftovers. but the best one so far has been Louie.

• Like 1

The best part of last action movie hero is Tom Noonan, he is a god of a actor and I love his cameo roles that he plays on tv. that guy is busy... He was in Hell on Wheels and then 12 monkeys and The Leftovers. but the best one so far has been Louie.

For me it's still Charles Dance who completely owns that movie, after seeing it I want a solo Benedict movie made.

What's great about that scene is you can see a person walking in the hallway across the street to see what's going on as Dance shoots the guy, and then basically proving the point of the scene, walks away. The movie reminds me in a way of the comic series Fables, just replacing action movies with fairy tales in that their original world is bright and shiny while being totally implausible at times, when in our world it's dark and dirty and the normal tropes of their world may not work in ours.

• Like 1

There have been topics about what movies the show should do or what they haven't done yet but nothing about what we would choose to do if we got to be a guest host, similar to how Doug Loves Movies has fans on as participants who occasionally get to choose the other players. So it's simple, just list 2-3 movies that you would love to talk about on the show and why the movie would work.

Last Action Hero: an insane satire of action movies starring Arnold Schwarzenegger that somehow has gotten better with age and irony. Arnold shows an early look at the kind of loose actor he'd become in more recent movies and Charles Dance completely owns his role as Benedict.

Rocky IV: Stallone ends the Cold War with boxing and Paulie fucks a robot, enough said.

Virtuosity: Denzel fights a virtual Russell Crowe who is based on 666 serial killers, with the obligatory fight in virtual reality.

Rocky VI needs to be done, purely on the basis that Drago is the good guy.

I wish the show went after bad Oscar bait a bit more.

So I'd choose either the borderline unwatchable Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, or the Lisa Frank nightmare that is The Lovely Bones.

Both films are horrendous and I think both would make for good HDTGM eps.

• Like 3

I wish the show went after bad Oscar bait a bit more.

So I'd choose either the borderline unwatchable Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, or the Lisa Frank nightmare that is The Lovely Bones.

Both films are horrendous and I think both would make for good HDTGM eps.

Those would be real tough to poke fun at as they are such hard, dark subject matters. I would say the show go for attempted Oscar bait i.e. movies that were clearly trying to get someone nominated but ended up failing miserably like Jobs or The Walk.

• Like 1

Christmas Evil. I LOVE this movie, and not in an ironic "so-bad-it's-good" way; I just love this movie. BUT, it's not for everyone. It's not without it's flaws. I think this would be PERFECT for the show.

Well....my number 1 was done Speed 2: Cruise Control so I was satisfied for quite some time.

Now, I'd say LADYHAWKE for sure because I'd have to defend it. I know Jason's history with this movie & would love to be there to make sure he knows he wasn't wrong to love it!

My other choice would be:

1. Eddie & The Cruisers 2: Eddie Lives (1989) - Maybe we need to hash out how everyone feels about the first Eddie & The Cruisers, but for a movie that went through 14 drafts!....this sequel is horrendous! (In NERD NEWS...I also came across a Mental Floss story that said that Michael Paré had written his own second sequel)SHIT..someone has to find out if he's really finished this thing!

Sign in to follow this