🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 150 - Grease 2

Actress Anna Faris (Anna Faris Is Unqualified podcast) welcomes Paul, June, and Jason into her home/recording studio to discuss the 1982 musical romantic comedy Grease 2. They’ll talk about the return of Frenchy, the sex in the bunker scene, and the T-Birds being casual about murder. Plus, June shares why she knows every word of this movie and Anna’s tells us about her complicated relationship with the Grease films.

Big ups to Anna Faris(wheel) for nearly out June-ing June. I have a faint suspicion alcohol may have been involved.

• Like 10

Is Anna Faris drunk or is this Anna base level?

• Like 4

I definitely don't have anything that will change June's mind about this movie. But here are some dumb little things that stuck out to me.

The lead into the bowling song is everyone in the bowling alley yelling "shoot the ball!". Has that ever been said while bowling before or since?

It already feels a little weird that the T-Birds are also on the football team. But based on the fact that they are pushing Sid Caesar around on the tackling sled they are either offensive or defensive linemen. I don't think Rydell won a single game that year.

When Michael is playing the piano for the talent show rehearsals it is the laziest fake playing I have ever seen in a movie. He literally just keeps his hands above the same keys the entire time and lifts his hands up and down. And speaking of him being the piano player. Was it not an issue that he disappeared right before the talent show?

When Stephanie goes into her fugue state during the talent show she imagines she is singing a duet with the Mystery Rider. When she is done the crowd goes wild. But what were they seeing exactly? Presumably just her half of the song.

• Like 3

I generally don't mind Anna Faris, and I haven't listened to her podcast, but her appearance on this rare in-studio episode is part Cameron-Esposito-screaming-everything-at-me grating and part Natasha-Leggero-having-nothing-to-say boring and that is unfortunate.

• Like 2

Speaking of Daniel Tiger, someone should have said to Anna Faris, "It's almost time to stop, so choose one more drink to drink. That was fun, but now YOU'RE DONE!!!"

• Like 3

On youth today being post-virginity:

I don't know if they are so much post-virginity, as the focus of youth activity has shifted from the secret to the public. When I was younger, everything interesting that one wished to do was essentially secret. You had to keep the really good stuff from Mom and Dad. We didn't need terms like "Netflix and chill" because broadcasting our sexcapades was something that never would have occurred to us. I literally thought Netflix and chill meant watching Netflix and relaxing, until it was recently explained to me by a younger person. These days, nothing is worth doing unless it is photographed and made public. "Pics or it didn't happen!" While I can't say for certain how this is related to the shifting attitude towards virginity because I'm not swimming in the shark pool of teenage-hood anymore, I would be VERY surprised if there was no connection whatsoever.

Guys, no need to bash Anna! This is turning into the controversial Can't Stop the Music/Cameron Esposito discussion all over again! Please be fair to everyone who guests on the show!

• Like 5

A great episode. Anna may have just been tired, as I believe they recorded an episode of her podcast before this one.

Just one omission: No Christopher McDonald movie should be discussed with out at least a mention of him. He played Goose McKenzie, one of the T-birds in this one. He went only to play memorable villains in such films as Happy Gilmore, Fatal Instinct, Dutch, and Dirty Work.

Again great episode, guys.

• Like 2

Guys, no need to bash Anna! This is turning into the controversial Can't Stop the Music/Cameron Esposito discussion all over again! Please be fair to everyone who guests on the show!

Yeah, but that's not really the same thing as being trans.

edit: I stand by this one.

• Like 1

I sure do love the sound of guest bashing in the morning!

When I read who was the guest I just knew the boards would hate it.

• Like 3

Ack! So conflicted! I am drowning under a mountain of grading and I need to get it done by this afternoon to ensure a nice weekend, but I really really want to blow it off to listen to the ep, particularly reading all the comments so far. Save me some juicy C+Os, guys!

• Like 1

Yeah, but that's not really the same thing as being trans.

edit: I stand by this one.

I don't understand this comment...

I don't understand this comment...

I think being a little dangerous about a guest is OK if it's wrapped in a joke. Especially on a board for a show where they joke about Matthew Broderick's soul being gone and his life force being sapped by his wife. I can't say any more about the subject without just outright insulting a previous guest, so I won't.

I think being a little dangerous about a guest is OK if it's wrapped in a joke. Especially on a board for a show where they joke about Matthew Broderick's soul being gone and his life force being sapped by his wife. I can't say any more about the subject without just outright insulting a previous guest, so I won't.

Yes... but what does that have to do with being trans and the amount of hate that Cameron got?

I have no issue with the comments that are clearly jokes like the few at the top about her out june-ing June. Those to me are not insults, but people have crossed the line multiple times on this forum.

• Like 1

Yes... but what does that have to do with being trans and the amount of hate that Cameron got?

Whoa, I just made the mistake of slipping down the rabbit hole into the 'Can't Stop the Music' thread (before my time here). That was... unpleasant.

• Like 4

Whoa, I just made the mistake of slipping down the rabbit hole into the 'Can't Stop the Music' thread (before my time here). That was... unpleasant.

Oh nooooo! That was a real rough week on this site and I had to excuse myself from participating for a few days.

• Like 3

Is there a way to take this offline and not discuss it publicly? Because as I said it involves things that annoyed me about a previous guest. I guess I should have just scrubbed that comment too, but now it's been quoted in other comments so it's a little late for that.

Also, I have trans friends and support trans and gay rights. That's not what this is about.

Oh nooooo! That was a real rough week on this site and I had to excuse myself from participating for a few days.

I'm seven pages in and the fight seems to be simmering down. The thing that drives me on is that the thread is TWENTY NINE PAGES LONG. What on earth could come up that sparks another 22 pages? Good lord. I'm going back in.

*edit, forty minutes later*

Wow. Amazing. I can't imagine how much fun/depressing that might have been to watch unfold in real time. I was pleased to see that that thread was what inspired 24 Hour Party Pizza to start a forum account, so something good came of it! And in the whole 'who from the HDTGM canon should play you in the dramatic reading', I call Adam Scott. I mostly enjoyed the discussion of impending babies for forum members. Belated congrats!

Ugh. My grading's gone to shit now. Back to it.

• Like 2