🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 150 - Grease 2

Why did they not have any of the music from the

? the opening theme song we all know and love?

and now that the T-birds are a biker gang, what are the rules or charter as I think they call it?

The T-Birds motorcycle club rules !

1: you must own a motorcycle.

2: you can't or never have ever worked with the police.

3: you must have a real job

4: you must own a comb, hair-care must be and always be a first priority over gang war.

5: you should always have cigarettes on hand at any given time.

6: The pink lady's words is word, don't argue with them.<-- known allies.

8: Wednesday night is bowling night! not showing up is ground rules for expulsion from the gang

Fuck Sons of Anarchy, they should of done a T-birds biker gang tv show.

I was reading on wikipedia at one point they had three movies in development deal and a tv show to go along with, we got cheated.

• Like 2

This episode was freaking great! Anna was wonderful and June's devotion made me so happy. My favorite part was her hushed whisper of 'my god' when Paul reveals the guy who had his balls out. Wonderful all around! I will say though, I was actually caught off guard by it not being a live one. I had almost forgotten that they even did these.

• Like 6

Edit: I finished my grading, guys. I know you were worried.

I just hope the papers were on as broad and generic a subject matter as possible, like "William Shakespeare" or "Restoration Theatre." You know, things that can be easily summed up in just a couple of wide ruled notebook pages.

• Like 5

I hope you started writing song titles as grades. "Reproduction!" being an A+ while "Do It For Our Country" is a straight F.

Spookily enough, I was grading English essays on The Fall of Rome. And all the handwriting was the same. And all the students wrote their gang names on cover pages, not the names they're enrolled as. I'd get suspicious, but I keep getting distracted by another teacher with ridiculous cleavage.

• Like 5

I just hope the papers were on as broad and generic a subject matter as possible, like "William Shakespeare" or "Restoration Theatre." You know, things that can be easily summed up in just a couple of wide ruled notebook pages.

We were making the same joke at the same time! Hoorah!

• Like 3

"when a mans balls fall out of his pants, it's secretly hot" am i right June."Not to me!"LOL

38:40 min mark.still listening to the show but having to stop it a lot to think,

sweet balls !!!!!

Chickenballs_zps736c30e7.jpg

• Like 1

Yes. I know.

professor-x.gif

• Like 3

Barry Bostwick was the original Zuko. Zmed was in the revival in the 90s.

Oops, I beg your pardon!

I've been living a lie this whole time!

• Like 1

That's what happen to me just now with Luke HENDERSON! about sweet balls.

• Like 1

The bike that Michael restored was a Honda scrambler, which wasn't on the market until several years after when the movie took place.

I thought I was a cool rider for noticing this, but it was already posted on imdb.

• Like 6

Okay. Guys. The bowling scene. Can we talk about the bowling scene?

Let's talk about the bowling scene.

What bowling alley were these people at? People are straight up dancing ON THE LANES. I used to work at a bowling alley in high school, and the general manager would have probably shot someone on sight if they taken a full step past the foul line - much less if they were stomping and dancing in the middle of the fucking lane.

On top of that, those lanes have so much oil that it would be physically impossible to dance on them. Lanes were originally oiled to protect the wood on the lanes themselves, which is still part of the reason. But they're also oiled now to make the bowler's hook more consistent. If you notice, balls don't really roll for most of the lane; they kind of slide until they build up traction further down the lane. When they catch traction is when they hook and curve back to the middle (that allows the ball to slide in between the 1 and 3 pins - or 1 and 2 if you're lefthanded - and slide through to the five, which creates a solid strike). The house lane pattern usually has less oil out towards the gutters and considerably more towards the middle.

So, if some asshole is out in the middle of the lane dancing the fuck around, not only are they going to fall on their ass, they're probably going to get throw out because it's a really good way to fuck up either the oil pattern (which is easy to fix, but still takes some time) or the wood of the lane itself, which is not an easy fix and the alley will likely end up charging the dipshit who decided to be out in the middle of the lane.

ON TOP OF ALL OF THAT, the people who are actually bowling during the musical number do this shit where they release the ball and then spin. Almost all of them spin the OPPOSITE way of their follow-through. There's no way anyone is hitting anything on these lanes. It's just a bunch of chucklefucks throwing balls and dinging up some fucking lanes.

I will say, though, that the part where Adrian Zmed slides in while singing that ridiculously high note is pretty goddamn entertaining.

• Like 11

I kind of want to go bowling now, guys.

May 26th?

new-fingers-crossed-gif-466.gif

• Like 2

Oh shit! Next week's live shows have been announced, and I am soooo excited!

It's not letting me attach the picture on my phone for some reason, but it's Highlander 2 and Escape from LA

• Like 7

Haven't listened yet. Only sampled a bit of early thread commentary. Feedback on Anna being possibly drunk and/or stoned has only hyped me more for an episode about a movie I would absolutely despise. As I typically save my listenings for late evening drunk and/or stoned walks, I feel I will be in the perfect headspace. Also I listen to Anna's podcast and enjoy her actual persona much more than her acting work so I've got faith in this ep.

Really excited for a studio episode again. Not nearly enough of those and I'm glad I won't be hearing audience impressions of terrible songs.

• Like 4

Hearing the actor talk about how he wrote the greatest screenplay he's ever read just reminded me of how Troy Duffy completely burned every bridge he had before even starting to work on The Boondock Saints. It's unbelievable how such an ego can be created without actually doing ANYTHING prior.

• Like 3

Oh shit! Next week's live shows have been announced, and I am soooo excited!

It's not letting me attach the picture on my phone for some reason, but it's Highlander 2 and Escape from LA

FUCKING SWEET! Definitely great movies for my birthday.

• Like 1

Okay. Guys. The bowling scene. Can we talk about the bowling scene?

Let's talk about the bowling scene.

Oh my gooood alllllll of this!! That scene made me so angry! I used to go bowling so just I really wanted to see all of them fall of their asses. And yeah, that "Shoot the ball" line... Who says that??

Also the spinning dance sequence where the film was obviously sped up... idk, that whole thing was way too cartoony for me. I honestly didn't even watch the whole segment.

I'd like to bring up this inconsistency between Grease 1 and Grease 2: How is it that in Grease 2 the Pink Ladies BELONG to the Tbirds? I'm pretty sure there was no limitations on either groups' available dating options in the first Grease.

And yes, please, please, pleeease mention that High School Musical was based on Grease 3. Thank you forever for that trivia, CakeBug Tranch.

• Like 6

That bowling scene was amazing. The best part? That random nun who was just as enthusiastic as the horny high school kids about how everyone was going to score that night. I can't decide which is funnier: a horny nun trying to get laid at a bowling ally or a really oblivious nun who just thinks that everyone is really happy to bowl. Since she took part in the bowling lane gyration dance, I assume it's the former.

• Like 4

Despite what Jason said I thought the film balanced two subplots well. That being the running story-lines of the lead guy getting close to the lead gal both as himself slowly, and separately as the mysterious biker. At the end when she tells him its perfect and its like she gets two for the price of one (or some line like that) I thought it was very economical writing. She was a girl torn between different desires and she got everything she wanted. This is one reason, I think, why so many girls like this film. I know many like June who grew up re-watching the VHS. It was like Scarface for guys of the same age.

• Like 3

Well, I finally finished the episode and i thought it was a lot of fun!

Did anyone else think it was weird that as Michael makes his way to the bowling alley he seems to be frantically consulting an Emily Post-esque manners guidebook on how exactly to ask the T-Birds if he can join them in a game? I mean, as long as you're going to include this scene, i think it's a real missed opportunity that the book isn't at least a "Nerd to Cool" dictionary or "American Slang for Native British Speakers." Instead, the advice it gives him is, "Always be courteous when asking for a game." Dude, if you need a goddamn manual to tell you that, then there's a very good chance that you're a fucking sociopath and probably do belong at the bottom of Dead Man's Curve in a mangled heap.

Also, I felt it was odd that auditions for the "JUNE Moon Talent Show" were announced on the very first day of school. June is an awfully long way away from September. Is there really nothing else going on at Rydell? No plays or anything? Shit, Homecoming has to be coming up pretty soon, maybe they should be more concerned about that?

I just really have a sinking suspicion that Rydell's obsession with this "talent show" may be taking a toll on the quality of education their students are receiving. How else can you explain a Health teacher teaching a room full of very horny (and very confused) teenagers that "to conceive" (verb) is the same thing as "fertile" (adjective)? Then, during the Reproduction song, when a sexually desperate teenager calls out for some one to let him know where they are, two helpful students reply, "Chapter 2. Page 5." Are you telling me that the first chapter of their Human Sexuality and Reproduction textbook is no more than 5 pages long?!? What the fuck, Rydell? These kids are seriously not ready for the real world!

• Like 9

Also, I felt it was odd that auditions for the "JUNE Moon Talent Show" were announced on the very first day of school. June is an awfully long way away from September. Is there really nothing else going on at Rydell? No plays or anything? Shit, Homecoming has to be coming up pretty soon, maybe they should be more concerned about that?

It is crazy that this movie is supposed to cover an entire school year. The only thing that conveys the passage of time is that Michael has practiced his motorcycle tricks to the point that he can levitate. And that isn't something you learn in just a couple of weeks.

• Like 4