🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

This is streaming on Netflix. Murderous tire that uses mind control to kill things. Lots of breaking the fourth wall and meta bull shit to create a WTF movie. It's really awful so I am sure Jason might go bats watching it. It's really shitty but I think with your collective powers you could produce an entertaining show. Keep up the good work. Seriously, this is my favorite podcast.

• Like 2

I agree with the others that this is awesome. However, this completely falls into the "How did this get made?" category as well as the "Why did this get made?" and "WTF is this?" categories. It would be perfect for this show.

• Like 2

I agree with the others that this is awesome. However, this completely falls into the "How did this get made?" category as well as the "Why did this get made?" and "WTF is this?" categories. It would be perfect for this show.

I don't think this movie would do well on this show at all, not enough shitty dialogue, not enough shit over all. This movie was done well. The "why did this get made" is a personal question, it's the question that is asked throughout the entire film. Leave this gem alone

I don't think this movie would do well on this show at all, not enough shitty dialogue, not enough shit over all. This movie was done well. The "why did this get made" is a personal question, it's the question that is asked throughout the entire film. Leave this gem alone

This would have worked as a 5-minute short. As a 90-minute film, it's a joke that wasn't that funny in the first place that goes on waaaaay too long. That it was directed by a French DJ almost seems too on the nose.

• Like 2

I don't know guys, this is sorta a art movie, Rubber. it's one of those types of movies you ether like it or hate it.

Director: Quentin Dupieux does some strange films. all of his movies are like this. wait tell you check out wrong.

• Like 1

I don't know guys, this is sorta a art movie, Rubber. it's one of those types of movies you ether like it or hate it.

Director: Quentin Dupieux does some strange films. all of his movies are like this. wait tell you check out wrong.

In that all his films are exceedingly tedious and unengaging, yes.

• Like 1

In that all his films are exceedingly tedious and unengaging, yes.

I do agree with you, but on the same hand I really enjoy creative people doing creative shit and putting it out there. I just appreciate people trying to pretty up the planet with nice things rather than do something negative or destructive. So in a certain way I just like that this movie was a thing that happened.

I may or may not be accidentally positive this morning. #painmeds

• Like 2

I didn't care much for Rubber, I kinda agree with Seanotron, but the guy is an artist and has been making creative shit for a while. Check out his music under the name Mr. Oizo (he also made this video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmsbP13xu6k

Yeah, I was familiar with him as Mr Oizo before I knew he directed this. Not a fan of any of his creative projects, to be honest.

I do agree with you, but on the same hand I really enjoy creative people doing creative shit and putting it out there. I just appreciate people trying to pretty up the planet with nice things rather than do something negative or destructive. So in a certain way I just like that this movie was a thing that happened.

I may or may not be accidentally positive this morning. #painmeds

Totally fair and a good perspective to have. Unfortunately, I have no pain medication so I will undoubtedly remain as grouchy and unpleasant as ever.

I found this movie very boring. It seemed to have an "Art for Art's Sake" type of vibe. Yes, we get it, as revolutionary as it sounds to have a tire as the leading character in a film; it still needed to carry more weight as far as content. I'm sure there's a million metaphors that they were going for, but I didnt get any of them.

• Like 1

I found this movie very boring. It seemed to have an "Art for Art's Sake" type of vibe. Yes, we get it, as revolutionary as it sounds to have a tire as the leading character in a film; it still needed to carry more weight as far as content. I'm sure there's a million metaphors that they were going for, but I didnt get any of them.

Who knew a movie about a tire could be so compellingly boring. what i like about this movie was the spectators, watching with great interest. it inspires me to make my own movie called the grass. it's all about lawn care and the life of a patch of grass and all these excited home owners watch the grass grow.

Wrong was a better movie to watch... it had a story. you remember story's don't you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwiwareLXzQ

there is a great scene in this movie with a crazy guy who runs around with paint.. I don't want to spoil it but i like this movie in it's messed up sorta way.

• Like 1

Rubber is a movie from 2010, in which the protagonist is an actual rubber tire that has no lines and creates havok with mental powers. This IS NOT an animated film, cartoon, or any other silliness of that ilk. This is an actual 85 minute film!

It appeared at times to be somewhat self aware, and to call it a genre mashup would give it credit for being in a genre to begin with. I honestly don't know if it is horrible or terribly clever, I spent the entire time in shock and wasn't able to process it appropriately. I would love to hear their take on it

IMDB's quick summary: Rubber is a 2010 French comedy film about a tire that comes to life and kills people with its psychic powers.

I honestly don't know if it is horrible or terribly clever

I can answer that for you, it is a horrible movie that thinks it's terribly clever.

• Like 5

I kinda enjoyed this, not the scenes of the tire so much as the meta commentary aspects, but overall I thought it was provocative.

I heard they are making another one of these movies.

Rubber two: this time it's lubricated!

i saw this listed on netflix and it sounded interesting, but not interesting enough to convince me to watch it over "dead heat" (which i just watched and WAS FUCKING AWESOME).

however, after seeing the preview on the first page, i have decided that i must see this movie.

Sign in to follow this