🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Episode 315 - Does God Like The Beatles?

Writer and actor Dave Holmes joins Howard and guest co-host Ele Woods for this week’s Who Charted. Dave talks about his new book “Party of One” before they dive into iTunes’ Top 5 Songs during which we hear stories of buying Phil Spector’s Christmas album on the streets and Dave’s trip to the premiere of Fifty Shades of Grey. Howard proposes color-coded video streaming services while the gang counts down the Movie Chart, and Engineer Stard shows off his tour look during Two Charted.

I've seen High Anxiety. It's not terrible. But it's pretty far from Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Spaceballs, etc...

RE: Star Boi "Look what you've done." : I've never heard this song, but there is a scene in the movie version of Hedwig and the Angry Inch where Hedwig's boyfriend Tommy is trying to find the next chord for a song he is writing. The line that will accompany the chord is "look what you've done." At the same time. Hedwig is trying to come up with a stage persona for Tommy. All of a sudden Hedwig has a revelation, paints a cross on Tommy's forehead creating Tommy Gnosis, and at that moment Tommy plays the perfect chord and sings "Look what you've done...." Coincidence?

This was a great ep. Howard's "Does God like the Beatles?" bit was hilarious. Best Howard moment of 2016, getting in right before the end.

This was a great ep. Howard's "Does God like the Beatles?" bit was hilarious. Best Howard moment of 2016, getting in right before the end.

That's an awfully high bar, but it was pretty great.

(And from a philosophical standpoint, I think the answer is yes, because of the amount of happiness they've brought to people, regardless of whether or not God is above liking or not liking music.)

• Like 1

It's adorable how lost Howard is when Ku isn't there.

No knock on Ele though, she's probably the best replacement. April's a good fill in too.

No knock on Ele though, she's probably the best replacement. April's a good fill in too.

Ele is the best "host" and April is the best "Howard wrangler". Emily Gordon is a good balance of the two.

Forgot Emily, she's good too.

Howard wrangler is a tough job, I tip my hat to the ladies that try, because no one could fully succeed.

I feel compelled to argue this point. Definitely a great late question to spur conversation, but that's not the best Howard moment or Howard-ism of December 2016, which has to go to "Crazy Jeff's", Amazon's new name

Sign in to follow this