🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 151 - The 2nd Annual HOWDIES Pt. 1

Finally listened to the Howdie episode while finishing Christmas shopping. I hope Jason sweeps the field in the second half of the presentations, because the 'recount' bit has had its time, I think.

Really fun episode. Would have loved to see some of the guests there to accept their awards (phoning in, or whatever) but overall, super fun. One thing I wondered about: in the replay of the audience question where the live audience member makes a connection between Bloodsport and Gymkata, June reacts immediately and with perfect memory of the previous film that's being referenced. This makes me wonder if the whole 'I can't remember any movies' thing is a bit exaggerated? I get that there's a lot of films but to claim no point of reference to any film at all handicaps her ability to contribute for the sake of a bit...

Do we get Howdies Part 2 next or 'Grease 2' Mini? Hoping for the latter and some of our C+Os.

Paul said in the ep that it would be 2 full eps and a mini for the Howdies, so I'm guessing the mini on Friday will be for the Howdies. However, I think it'd be cool if they combined them so that we could just go straight into another movie after the next Howdies without having another mini week (only because I'm really goddamn excited for the two movies they did at their show last Friday).

Maybe the mini this week will be a Howdies for minis? Like, "Best Cameron H theory that was so long Paul read it at the end of the show"

• Like 4

Maybe the mini this week will be a Howdies for minis? Like, "Best Cameron H theory that was so long Paul read it at the end of the show"

Ha. Yeah. Who would want to hear that?

tumblr_mfjdg1KEob1qfy3jno1_500.gif

• Like 6

well the second part of the howdies is due on friday so, using my excellent never wrong guessing skills, i think we will get the howdies part 2 on the 23rd, howdies mini probably 30th(ish) and then back to the mini for grease 2/next movie early january .. and like i said i'm rarely wrong about these things ... by which i mean always so just disregard all that ... and i still haven't watched grease 2

• Like 3

Apropos of nothing...

It just occurred to me that someone really needs to call Child Protective Services on Pigpen's parents...

tumblr_mx8k6nv2U11s2wio8o1_400.gif

• Like 7

I can't tell if Jason is being ironic when he keeps insisting that, when given the two possible choices from Episode #134, that Pete Holmes is the loud, obnoxious one or...

• Like 1

the live show in January is looking like an all star episode ... oh man i hope they get cameron and pete back on and do something like showgirls, something worth shouting about ... just to piss off some of those a-holes on another site.

• Like 6

the live show in January is looking like an all star episode ... oh man i hope they get cameron and pete back on and do something like showgirls, something worth shouting about ... just to piss off some of those a-holes on another site.

As one of the assholes who didn't like that episode on this site, I'd rather it be Nicole Byer, she was delightful in the Bloodsport episode, and her talking about a dick game in that movie, her take on the swimming pool sex scene would be a must listen for me.

• Like 2

I hope they bring Cameron back and she just repeats "The penis is the least important part of sex" for an hour straight the same way Chirrut Imwe says

"I am one with the Force; the Force is with me."

(I spoiler-tagged that, but I don't really consider a spoiler. Just erring on the side of Rogue One caution)

• Like 5

As one of the assholes who didn't like that episode on this site, I'd rather it be Nicole Byer, she was delightful in the Bloodsport episode, and her talking about a dick game in that movie, her take on the swimming pool sex scene would be a must listen for me.

not calling anyone an asshole for not liking an episode ... thats never a problem ...if someone annoys you or shouts alot and takes away from your enjoyment ... complain away, thats ok .. but targeted harassment of a person just to indulge your own prejudices and being a dick in an other wise friendly, welcoming space and then running back to your home under a bridge .. that's what make an asshole. 2017 should be a no asshole year ... is that possible ... 2016 has been full of them ... 2016 is an asshole!

note: i just noticed i called people assholes for being dicks ... makes as much sense as their nonsense ..

but nicole would be a welcome allstar

• Like 5

I hope they bring Cameron back and she just repeats "The penis is the least important part of sex" for an hour straight the same way Chirrut Imwe says

"I am one with the Force; the Force is with me."

(I spoiler-tagged that, but I don't really consider a spoiler. Just erring on the side of Rogue One caution)

If they can't get her back, I would be happy to stand in as her proxy. In fact, let me just fix my signature...

• Like 4

not calling anyone an asshole for not liking an episode ... thats never a problem ...if someone annoys you or shouts alot and takes away from your enjoyment ... complain away, thats ok .. but targeted harassment of a person just to indulge your own prejudices and being a dick in an other wise friendly, welcoming space and then running back to your home under a bridge .. that's what make an asshole. 2017 should be a no asshole year ... is that possible ... 2016 has been full of them ... 2016 is an asshole!

note: i just noticed i called people assholes for being dicks ... makes as much sense as their nonsense ..

but nicole would be a welcome allstar

It's alright, I'm calling myself an asshole, bit of self-depreciating humour... and I am an asshole, I openly laugh at kids who drop ice creams.

I actually enjoy this song

• Like 2

It's alright, I'm calling myself an asshole, bit of self-depreciating humour... and I am an asshole, I openly laugh at kids who drop ice creams.

I actually enjoy this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

Smigg, by you calling your self an asshole, you are taking the first step in not being an asshole. it's like smart kids who call them self's dumb and beat them self's up about it.. ;)

Fully well knowing they are not stupid.

• Like 1

Smigg, by you calling your self an asshole, you are taking the first step in not being an asshole. it's like smart kids who call them self's dumb and beat them self's up about it.. ;)

Fully well knowing they are not stupid.

But, as soon as I see a kid drop an ice cream...

No, there's a difference. June is goddamn convinced that it's name is Gyoobee.

It's just how she pronounces it. Paul pushes "I'm gonna," together into the super-word "Ongena."

• Like 1