🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Best of 2016 Pt. 1

Hopefully she's better. Do Scott and Kulap have human children? Losing Rocky had to be really hard. I think he was on the TV show!

She is (as of last update on Who Charted), they don't, and Rocky was on the TV show several times (and the finale had a nice in memoriam graphic at the end).

• Like 1

Jeez, there were a lot of references to the song "State of Shock" this year...more than there probably should have been (zero being the appropriate amount of references for 2016).

bah humbug scrooge!

I can understand not loving the solo bolos, can't understand disliking Benny/Rog' episodes. I can understand it I guess, but I can't understand liking other CBB and disliking those. Horatio is usually at the top of his game, and they get into such random weirdness/absurdity in the opening segment that they're almost always some of my favorite episodes.

Diff'rent strokes I guess, is a show, that happened

Speaking of "traditions are made to be broken", here's to hoping that the Ben Schwartz/Horatio Sanz annual doesn't continue in 2017. I just can't get into Schwartz. Maybe I'm a big Scroogey McWetblanket, or even Scroogey McPoopypants, but that was an unfortunate beginning to one of my favorite shows of the year. At least that means it's out of the way...although I know there's still a solo bolo lurking...

i understand the flack that the Solo Bolos get.. i don't however understand someone's issue with Benny Shwazz as a whole.. I think dude is super talented and funny especially with Scott. I actually was a big fan of all of the previous solo bolo's but for some reason, i could not get into the Quatrolo.. it just didn't do it for me..

one of the funniest small bitlets on this whole podcast was an episode with Horatio and Shwartz where Scott adopts a crass NY-esque dialect and starts calling everyone a "big dicked monsta"

• Like 3

Also i had to look up the whole "Pepe the frog" shit.. i'm somewhat up to date on news, i'm not the fanatic i once was but i def. stay informed on the biggest things in news and the fact that an alt. right (or white power) group adopted a crude drawing of a frog who's claim to fame is being a fucking facebook meme is beyond hilarious to me.. i honestly don't believe it still

EDIT: i can already tell there's gonna be some great moments on these "Best Of's" .. possibly something to rival "are these muppets gon fuck Khaleesi" & "Gimme dat pill"

i just noticed how on fire and delirious Scott & PFT were on last years Best Of's...

• Like 1

Side note: all Jessica McKenna needed to have on her resume before being invited on the podcast was her own tv show. Just so we know where the standards are.

Edited by Torontosaurus

I know! I loved the episode, but that part was kind of bugging me. I'm here now though and I am ready to type out as many Heynogmans as I can.

Heynong Man

Don't always read all the forums (tl;dr), but is anyone else clamouring for a solo bolo with PFT? I yam.

That's pretty much these, right?

• Like 3

one of the funniest small bitlets on this whole podcast was an episode with Horatio and Shwartz where Scott adopts a crass NY-esque dialect and starts calling everyone a "big dicked monsta"

haha yes! it was the "House of Pies" tangent where Scott takes it upon himself to play the sassy older waitress asking what kind of pies they want. That's the kind of early segment madness that always seems to happen with Ben/Horatio, lots of Scott making lame jokes that Ben rips apart, Horatio jumping in randomly when he isn't necessarily supposed to.

Another favorite of these is when Horatio is staying silent other than playing with the straw in his big gulp, until ben scott and the other guest who was the singer from a band I don't know started singing a classic song, and Horatio simply had to join in, which then lead to him playing the sound tech character out of nowhere...

and I'm off to go listen to that episode again

Don't always read all the forums (tl;dr), but is anyone else clamouring for a solo bolo with PFT? I yam.

"Solo Pffftolo"?

Side note: all Jessica McKenna needed to have on her resume before being invited on the podcast was her own tv show. Just so we know where the standards are.

And Scott didn't even mention that when he was talking about her in the intro for that clip!

That's pretty much these, right?

YOU'RE THESE!

I mean, I guess... but I'd like to hear an hour-plus of uninterrupted and unfiltered Coke Benderman and PFT.

• Like 1

I need to find those Make Me Laugh episodes with Scotty Aucks!

• Like 3

I think the Best Ofs are my favorite episodes all year! I could definitely listen to Scott and Paul get each other worked up for hours. The fact that you also get to listen to occasional clips of the best hand-picked bits is only icing on the cake.

I totally forgot to vote this year but my personal pick for #1 is Tiny, Victor, and Willy's apple song.

• Like 3

Rest in power was started by the black community. It became a sort of an empowering statement after the unjust killings of Trayvon Martin, Mike Brown, etc. Something to lift up the names in a way.

I'm not sure what physically happened, but when Paul told Scott about Rest in Power, Scott sounds like he is briefly on the other side of the room and it was funny for me to imagine him running back to the microphone because he was so appalled. And now that he was accidentally being sort of offensive it might actually be funnier.

• Like 1

Completely useless question:

Was sous vide mentioned in this episode? I've lost track of all the podcasts I've listened to in the last few days. #humblebrag

I want Scott and Paul to know that they are sincerely two of my favourite human beings. Me and my friend went to see them in Toronto but couldn't hang around to meet them because the line was huge and our girlfriends were already waiting for us when the show ended, but damn I just want a chance to tell them to their faces how much they really mean to me, without sounding like a crazy person. For the last three years, these Best Ofs have been a holiday tradition for me and a couple of friends, and I hope that tradition continues for many years to come. Both Scott and Paul are my heroes, Scott basically just because he's Scott and also facilitates so much comedy gold, and PFT because he's one of the best comedians alive and quite possibly the best showman I've ever seen when it comes to live comedy shows. Together, they are one of the best things to listen to.

Also,

giphy.gif

Pepe is not a symbol of white supremacy. Obviously not in origin, but also not in its common use online (even on Reddit and 4chan). That was bullshit from the Clinton campaign and even the Anti-Defamation League recognizes that it's only bigoted when used in a bigoted context, like depicting Pepe as Hitler.

• Like 2

She is (as of last update on Who Charted), they don't, and Rocky was on the TV show several times (and the finale had a nice in memoriam graphic at the end).

That was the other thing I was worried about. I know that they've mentioned that they've been trying to get pregnant so I was wondering if the "horrible things" comment was in relation to that. But it's really none of my damn business. I just love them both and would like to give them hugs if that was the case but they are under no obligation to discuss tragic miscarriages with their audience.

Pepe is not a symbol of white supremacy. Obviously not in origin, but also not in its common use online (even on Reddit and 4chan). That was bullshit from the Clinton campaign and even the Anti-Defamation League recognizes that it's only bigoted when used in a bigoted context, like depicting Pepe as Hitler.

Came here to post about this. Bit late, and no-one will see it but I get a little annoyed as a channer when I hear Pepe being touted as a white supremacist symbol.You can support Hillary and not be on board with her ludicrous claim that a cartoon frog meme is a hate symbol. Also, The "Alt-Right" is such a loose collective already that it isn't fair to label it as any one thing like that dickhead Richard Spencer tried to do. The Alt-Right is just a bunch of memers, and as such should be taken with a grain of salt.