🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 91 - A Fast Food Restaurant Kitchen In An Alternate Universe (w/ Maria Thayer, Stephanie Courtney, Colleen Smith, Chris Tallman)

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes grownups (children get out of here!) to this week’s episode of Spontaneanation! This week, Paul’s special return guest is actress Maria Thayer of truTV’s Those Who Can’t! They chat about the time Maria’s primary caregivers let her down, the two different Berenstain Bears/Berenstein Bears universes, and the Lowly Worm. Paul is then joined by Stephanie Courtney, Colleen Smith, and Chris Tallman, to improvise a story set in A Fast Food Restaurant Kitchen In An Alternate Universe. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

LOS ANGELES! Spontaneanation records its 100th episode LIVE at Largo on Saturday, January 7th! Be there for boring your future grandchildren purposes! Tickets: bit.ly/SPONT100

Chris Tallman's Ted Levine impression is on point!

• Like 3

It's hilarious Paul brought up Richard Scarry when talking about the Mandela effect, because yesterday, via another podcast's livestream, they played this video:

[media='']https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JItWs-ElNg[/media]

A pretty clear case for synchronicity right here.

(Or a clear case that people just misremember things or are confused by double r's in someone's name and just can't stand being wrong. Either way.)

I just got through the interview portion, and I wanted to check in and say that it may have been my favorite guest interview ever.

• Like 1

"T.B. Determined, the famous bank robber who jumped out of a plane."

Sounds like a future commercial character.

A pretty clear case for synchronicity right here.

Speaking of synchronicity, as the episode was drawing to a close I clicked over to the forums, while still listening and had just scrolled down to the above (and now also below) comment:

"T.B. Determined, the famous bank robber who jumped out of a plane."

...read it and had just enough time to think "I don't remember that line" before almost the very moment it was said.

I then thought of the bit in the episode where Paul lost it and dragged the marker on the time-bar thing back to approximately when I thought it happened and ,again, in one go, just happened to be within a second or two of being in exactly the right place (to include the lines that pushed him over the edge: "I have lettuce to chop" and then the first mention of "frenchy fries") at 44:13.

I then checked my lottery numbers and found that I'd won fuck all.

Sign in to follow this