🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JackChristensen

Your Favorite Episode?

I've come to the conclusion that Dreamcatcher is my favorite episode. I can't even explain why, but I've listened to it six or seven times and it doesn't get old. There have been episodes for movies that I saw over and over again as a kid [bloodsport, Over the Top, No Holds Barred] that I've enjoyed a great deal, and truth be told I've only ever seen Dreamcatcher once back when it was a new release; and I thought it was TERRIBLE! I see that Netflix is adding Dreamcatcher next month and I suppose I'm going to have to watch it again and listen to the episode a few dozen more times. Anyone else? If you had to pick ONE, what is the perfect episode of HDTGM for you?

• Like 2

Ugh...that's such a tough question. You might as well be asking me which of my children is my favorite...

But, if I have to, I'd say Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor and the quieter child.

• Like 4

LOL - Purely because of the legendary thread in Bad Movie Suggestions

Mortal Kombat - Because I have a 24 year love for that franchise

Bloodsport

Reindeer Games - Because of the moment of realisation

• Like 5

I often find myself going back to "Over the Top." Not sure why. I like June's stuff about the mother, Jason's shock at how rapey it is, and when Bobby Moyinhan asks if he can get his picture taken with the audience member. :)

• Like 4

Complete knee-jerk reaction? "Cool as Ice" and "Crank" for the inside looks. I'm also very fond of "Stealth," if only because that was the next movie up when I finally caught up in the back episodes. Also, I approached the live ep of 'The Phantom' with extreme trepidation because I was a MASSIVE Phantom comicbook fan as a kid (as someone said in the C+Os, it's still the most popular comic in Australia), but aside from them mocking the mythology (which, and I'll defend this to the end, is awesome), I quite enjoyed it. Mostly because that movie was a hot mess and really made me sad as a 16 year old.

Shameful admission, taylor anne:

I bailed on the 'Sleepaway Camp' episode. I hadn't (haven't) seen the movie and the unravelling of the plot discussion hurt my head. I lasted maybe 40 minutes. I guess the completist in me knows I should revisit.

• Like 4

Wild, Wild, West. I think because it was the first episode I had heard; hard to beat the first time.

• Like 2

How dare you. Such a difficult question to answer! I have a few, and a favorite would probably depend on the day.

For an easy answer, The Room made for great listening and there's a lot of callbacks in later episodes. In the same vein, Birdemic, another pet project by the writer/director/producer.

Other than those, Jack Frost, Street Fighter and Devil's Advocate were good, too.

You didn't ask, but here goes...least favorite: all the Fast & Furious episodes. Sorry, guys.

• Like 3

You didn't ask, but here goes...least favorite: all the Fast & Furious episodes. Sorry, guys.

Yes, I agree. The only thing that saved those episodes is the presence of my-future-best-friend, Adam Scott.

• Like 3

There are MULTIPLE episodes I listen to again and again. But if I had to choose one, it'd be "Sleepaway Camp." So great.

• Like 5

Another vote for Sleepaway Camp here. It's not even close for me. You can tell that the crew is having the best time analyzing it, Zack Pearlman is the perfect guest, and my goodness the failed attempt at establishing a family tree is one of the most enjoyable things ever recorded. I truly cannot understand how a fan of this show could dislike either Sleepaway Camp (or the Fasts), as they showcase everything that's fun about the podcast. It's like loving The Simpsons but hating the episodes that Conan O'Brien wrote.

• Like 3

I bailed on the 'Sleepaway Camp' episode. I hadn't (haven't) seen the movie and the unravelling of the plot discussion hurt my head. I lasted maybe 40 minutes. I guess the completist in me knows I should revisit.

See the movie first. It's worth it. It's one of my favorite movies. A friend of mine actually put together the Blu Ray release for Scream Factory [and I mean, personally tracked down the original elements, did a new 4K scan, remixed the sound....]

Wild, Wild, West. I think because it was the first episode I had heard; hard to beat the first time.

They say you're always chasing that feeling you got the first time...

• Like 1

Second favorite is "From Justin to Kelly." Nick Kroll is the perfect guest.

• Like 2