🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Best of 2016 Pt. 2

The Best of Comedy Bang! Bang! 2016 count down continues as Scott and Paul F. Tompkins go through numbers eleven through eight on the count down as well as number three on the Best CBB Live episodes of 2016 as voted by YOU. Plus, a special Christmas surprise for all you precious listeners!

• Like 1

Before anyone asks, this episode was recorded on December 10, three days before Alan Thicke died, which explains why it was not remarked upon.

Also, the Christmas surprise is amazing beyond all comprehension.

• Like 8

If Calvin Redding could make the list for the live episodes, then Donny Gary had better be one of the top two.

• Like 1

Just hit play, just want to say im crossing my fingers for ryan gaul. His financial advisor shtick and the Doctor Diet are all top 5 material

• Like 1

(anybody know how to embed the little soundcloud player in the forums?)

I just updated the forum config as a test. You should be able to paste the URL between [​soundcloud] tags, e.g.:

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/comedybangbang/best-of-2016-pt-2[/soundcloud]

• Like 2

Poor Gilly. Did she get either of her potential husbands before they passed? Part of me really wants them to do an episode about the incredible coincidence of all of this and another part of me wants to cry myself to sleep at night until this entire year is forgotten.

• Like 5

Before anyone asks, this episode was recorded on December 10, three days before Alan Thicke died, which explains why it was not remarked upon.

Also, the Christmas surprise is amazing beyond all comprehension.

How about the crazy discussion that occurred right after that segment? About death, Harris and how people have been 'on the show' and then passed? I'm not a 'higher power' guy, but man...to have had that talk right after an Alan Thicke bit is just so crazy.

• Like 6

How about the crazy discussion that occurred right after that segment? About death, Harris and how people have been 'on the show' and then passed? I'm not a 'higher power' guy, but man...to have had that talk right after an Alan Thicke bit is just so crazy.

That really weirded me out.

• Like 2

Big reveal from Scott about his auditioning!

Are you telling me, we could have had this version of iRobot with Scott Aukerman and Hollywood passed?! Tsk! Tsk!

iRoScott_02_zpshp1r4zfm.jpg

• Like 7

That IS a good song!

Seriously, I loved the shit out of "Please don't joke about 'I, Robot' this Christmas." Amazing job, Paul, Scott, and Eban!

Scott said that Heynongman Ain't Nothing to F*ck Wit and Technicality No Down Boo-Over would be available in the store, but I don't see either! Help!

I forgot how good Gillian's jingle for Dick Hut was

• Like 4

How about the crazy discussion that occurred right after that segment? About death, ...to have had that talk right after an Alan Thicke bit is just so crazy.

Not that crazy. Remember the episode was also a Garry Marshall appearance.

Did hearing about Scott being an actual performer who auditions for things make anyone else doubletake? No insult meant, I just never really think of him in that context. And also, I'm still not completely sure he wasn't joking.

It definitely seemed like it was, but then Scott did mention something about that segment being timely at the time, but not now, which I guess was in reference to their joke about someone being a possible running mate for Trump?

"Please Don't Joke..." was amazing, possibly replacing the CDR all-stars' "Do They Know It's Christmas?" as my favorite comedy Christmas song.

Not that crazy. Remember the episode was also a Garry Marshall appearance.

Did hearing about Scott being an actual performer who auditions for things make anyone else doubletake? No insult meant, I just never really think of him in that context. And also, I'm still not completely sure he wasn't joking.

You really put me in my place.

"Please Don't Joke About I, Robot This Christmas" is the absolute best, although next year, I'm hoping they'll write a song called "Is Dick Francis a Horse?"

• Like 1

I am proud to say that -- to the best of my knowledge -- I gave "Please Don't Joke About I, Robot This Christmas" its international radio debut on the morning of December 24, on CFRC, 101.9FM in Kingston, Ontario, on the WAFFLES! Christmas Spectacular.

https://audio.cfrc.ca/archives/2016-12-24-09.mp3

I of course mangled the name because I was in a mad rush to clip the audio and dump it onto a USB key before heading out the door that morning. Sorry, Scott/Paul/Eban!

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure this is the episode of grepisodes wherein Scott makes one of my favorite proclamations. It was something along the lines of "I'm not here to litigate turkey sandwiches."

• Like 1