🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Stickman Cinema

THE CANON IS COMING BACK!!!

and then it's revealed that he was guilty of that which he claimed to detest so much.

I just want to point out that it was alleged, but never proven, that he did this, unless there's been some new development that I haven't seen.

• Like 1

I just want to point out that it was alleged, but never proven, that he did this, unless there's been some new development that I haven't seen.

Well, Devin took responsibility for it so there's no need to jump to his defense. The damage was done, he's moved on, the victim's moved on, we should do the same. Like everyone, very much looking forward to more Canon!

Well, Devin took responsibility for it so there's no need to jump to his defense. The damage was done, he's moved on, the victim's moved on, we should do the same. Like everyone, very much looking forward to more Canon!

Whoa. Way to break a chunk of their lung, Jackie.

Do we have any kind of date for the new episode? I still have a couple of the old ones saved on my phone, but they're not enough.

• Like 1

Yay it's back April 17, been far too long (6months and 1 day per Amy). Listening to the announcement made me realise how much I missed hearing Amy's film critiques in audio form.

The new format sounds interesting having a new guest each week. I really enjoy David Ehrlich's writing and I was genuinely shocked when Amy said Armond White would be on, I couldn't tell if that was a joke or not? I presume not.

Good to hear you're back Amy, can't wait to put The Canon back into my commute routine.

Yay it's back April 17, been far too long (6months and 1 day per Amy). Listening to the announcement made me realise how much I missed hearing Amy's film critiques in audio form.

The new format sounds interesting having a new guest each week. I really enjoy David Ehrlich's writing and I was genuinely shocked when Amy said Armond White would be on, I couldn't tell if that was a joke or not? I presume not.

Good to hear you're back Amy, can't wait to put The Canon back into my commute routine.

Where did she say all of this?

Very happy to hear it's back, and I think Ghostbusters with Paul Scheer is a great restart for the podcast to get people right back into it and get the Canon back on top. I'm also really happy to hear the door is open for Devin to return. I know some people on here are against that so I hope people can forgive him for what he did, if he can come around and make amends himself. I'm a little disappointed that Welcome To The Dollhouse seems to have gotten shafted but it would also be really great if that movie was held in the back pocket for Devin's potential eventual return. We'll see. Anyway, here's to more of my favorite podcast!

• Like 1

The announcement was uploaded in the podcast feed. I saw it on soundcloud, but it looks like its on itunes as well.

On the podcast. Did you unsubscribe? A new episode popped up on my podcast app today with the announcement.

Glad to hear the ball's in Devin's court. I love Amy, but this show's tattooed in my brain as a distinct two-hander with each personality fulfilling equally wonderful roles.

• Like 2

On the podcast. Did you unsubscribe? A new episode popped up on my podcast app today with the announcement.

Oh shit, I didn't see that! Thanks!

Great news! I knew when I saw a new, but very brief, Canon in my Downcast that it was coming back. It was just great hearing Amy make it official. I am looking forward to hearing the new show (reboot?). And I am happy that Amy and Devin are in contact and he is doing what he needs to come to terms with what happened. I hope he comes back when he is ready. Counting the days until "they're ba-ack!"

Just FYI, Devin posted on IG and addressed Amy (whose birthday is today) as his once and future podcast co-host, so it sure sounds like his return is in play.

• Like 6

Just FYI, Devin posted on IG and addressed Amy (whose birthday is today) as his once and future podcast co-host, so it sure sounds like his return is in play.

Not sure how to feel about this, but we'll see what happens, I suppose.

This is exciting news. I hope it happens.

As I've noted before, in principle I'm not opposed to Devin bettering himself, making amends, and coming back to film writing/podcasting at some point in the future. I don't believe that past misdeeds have to make him a complete pariah for life.

But THAT SAID, if you are going to bring him back, you do it with transparency and buy-in from interested parties (his victims/accusers, other employees at the company, etc.). Sneaking around and lying about stuff and hoping no one notices is not the way to do it.

And moral issues aside, I can't believe how stupid and unprofessional this is. Does Alamo Drafthouse have no one working in their PR and HR departments?

Well, looks like Devin probably won't be coming back anytime soon.

http://variety.com/2...ons-1202558042/

Tim League/Alamo, what the hell were you thinking with this secretive bullshit?

This is just bad for everyone, the brunt of which will probably fall on Devin. But seriously, what the actual hell? I know a lot of people have been pretty supportive of Devin and his recovery, but this is just a mess. It was the wrong call, no matter how good the intentions were.