đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Stickman Cinema

THE CANON IS COMING BACK!!!

Straight from Amy herself, The Canon is coming back!!!

She was on the latest episode of the Denzel Washington is the Greatest Actor of All Time Period podcast, and she said The Canon is coming back early next Spring! This is awesome news!

You can hear it for yourself at the link below. She talks about it a little after the 18 minute mark!

http://www.earwolf.c...-amy-nicholson/

Can't wait for some fresh Canon goodness!!!

• Like 10

I listened to this earlier too, but was too lazy to make a post lol. The way she talked about it made me feel like Devin wasn't returning, but I guess we will find out whenever there is an official announcement.

I listened to this earlier too, but was too lazy to make a post lol. The way she talked about it made me feel like Devin wasn't returning, but I guess we will find out whenever there is an official announcement.

There is almost 0% chance he's returning

• Like 1

:( "old co-host" I wonder who she'll work worth. Can't wait. Been listening to old episodes all week to get me through the last few days before vacation.

He has gone completely dark since September. So I'm inclined to agree.

he's been updating his Instagram regularly. I don't think he'll be back on the show, but I think he'll be back sooner or later in some fashion.

• Like 1

On the most recent Storm of Spoilers podcast, Joanna Robinson says she recorded an episode of the Canon about Lord of the Rings, and it is also suggested David Ehrlich will be an upcoming guest.

And there's no way Joanna Robinson would record with Devin. So that probably makes it more clearcut than ever Devin isn't back :/

Maybe she's just scheduling a guest every week instead of introducing a new host. Not a bad idea.

• Like 2

And there's no way Joanna Robinson would record with Devin. So that probably makes it more clearcut than ever Devin isn't back :/

Yup, I think that's a safe assumption, haha

Maybe she's just scheduling a guest every week instead of introducing a new host. Not a bad idea.

Yeah, I bet that's it. My favourite episodes of the Canon were always when it was just Devin and Amy, with a heated disagreement between the two. With 3 people it would be lopsided, and I found, a bit less fun. Hopeful about the return.

• Like 2

that'd be cool. And who knows, it could all be temporary until Devin and Earwolf are ready for him to come back down the road.

• Like 1

that'd be cool. And who knows, it could all be temporary until Devin and Earwolf are ready for him to come back down the road.

I was a big fan of Devin- probably more than most- but I can't imagine Devin would return to internet film criticism. The internet is very quick to judge, and i'm not sure it's ever forgiving.

I'd probably let go the idea of any OG Canon reunion.

(but if he were to return I would 100% listen, I'd just feel weird about it)

On the most recent Storm of Spoilers podcast, Joanna Robinson says she recorded an episode of the Canon about Lord of the Rings, and it is also suggested David Ehrlich will be an upcoming guest.

Yay! :D :D :)

I was a big fan of Devin- probably more than most- but I can't imagine Devin would return to internet film criticism. The internet is very quick to judge, and i'm not sure it's ever forgiving.

Man, my impression was always that people got angry in an intensely short burst, then moved on. There's always something new to get emotional about, so I figured Devin would be safe. Given his recent posts, though, I'm guessing he's moved on. As long as he's happy.

• Like 2

Man, my impression was always that people got angry in an intensely short burst, then moved on. There's always something new to get emotional about, so I figured Devin would be safe. Given his recent posts, though, I'm guessing he's moved on. As long as he's happy.

What recent posts? It's been eating at me to know how he is. I'm glad you say he seems happy.

What recent posts? It's been eating at me to know how he is. I'm glad you say he seems happy.

He's been updating his instagram frequently since Christmas.

• Like 1

Straight from Amy herself, The Canon is coming back!!!

She was on the latest episode of the Denzel Washington is the Greatest Actor of All Time Period podcast, and she said The Canon is coming back early next Spring! This is awesome news!

You can hear it for yourself at the link below. She talks about it a little after the 18 minute mark!

http://www.earwolf.c...-amy-nicholson/

Can't wait for some fresh Canon goodness!!!

It's really nice just to hear her voice again. I'm looking forward to the the new Canon and discovering the dynamic she might have with a new co-host. I just can't wait.

I hope Devin is well and successfully addressing the dichotomy within himself.

SPRING SEEMS SO FAR AWAY!

The problem isn't that he was an ass; everyone knows it and those who like him understood that it was part of his schtick. It worked well with Amy. IMHO, the problem was being so outspoken as a friend of feminism, being outspoken about misogyny, etc, and then it's revealed that he was guilty of that which he claimed to detest so much. Even if it only happened once, it was enough to make him look like a hypocrite.

I'm not offering an opinion either way, I just think that was the source of the internet rage.

I'm really glad he's happy, though. I've always been a fan (and defender) of his and that incident didn't anger me as much as it did disappoint. It's good to know that he's well.

Who knows, maybe a rotating co-host list might be good for the Canon.