🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 152 - The 2nd Annual Howdies Pt. 2

The 2nd ANNUAL HOWDIES with Paul, June, and Jason continue with awards given to Best Guest One Liner, Best Explanation Hope, Best 2nd Opinion, and much more. Tune in to find who will take home the gold!

• Like 1

My reaction when June announced the "What the fuck did I just see?! Moment"

64673788.jpg

• Like 7

Chin up and better luck next year, Jason. Must really sting to get skunked like that.

• Like 5

I think it's time to start referring to Jason as "The People's Champion" Jason Mantzoukas.

• Like 7

from when jason said "those howdies look great june" i laughed my ass off the whole way through. one of my fav episodes ever. and that's saying alot.

just a quick thanks to paul, june and jason for another year full of terrible movies and countless laughs. the world might be going to shit but HDTGM just keeps getting better. can't wait to see what 2017 has in store.

and more thank you's to marissa, avaryl, nate and all the gang behind the scenes.

edit: forgot mr diaz ...cheers july

• Like 8

from when jason said "those howdies look great june" i laughed my ass off the whole way through. one of my fav episodes ever. and that's saying alot.

just a quick thanks to paul, june and jason for another year full of terrible movies and countless laughs. the world might be going to shit but HDTGM just keeps getting better. can't wait to see what 2017 has in store.

and more thank you's to marissa, avaryl, nate and all the gang behind the scenes.

Same for me. Thanks guys. Paul and June, I hope you have [or had, depending on when you read] a great holiday with your kids. Happy Holidays to all my fellow boardies. I know I'm new, but I already value our interactions.

• Like 3

I will have more to say later, right now I am at my parents' for Christmas. But I wanted to address one GLARING issue now.

Obviously there was a huge miscarriage of justice today. I am not sure how it happened, but I think we all need to reflect and take stock so that we never bring this shame to HDTGM, Earwolf and the world again. I am talking, of course, about the fact that Nicole Byer doesn't have a Howdy, yet they are heaping them on white, male Pete Holmes. Clearly, the "weirdos" have infiltrated the voting process somehow--possibly through the Bb8 that roams around June and Paul's home. (I don't want to get into what it's true mission is, but here is a teaser: white supremacy.)

#howdysSoWhite #NicoleWasRobbed

As for Jason, hey that's what happens when you don't vote. This is a lesson for us all. Plus he's clearly been phoning it in for the last few years. I'm glad I am not the Jason for my group.

• Like 6

The only complaint that I have is that under 'best audience abuse' one of the contenders wasn't from Deep Blue Sea. This exchange killed me:

Guy makes bad pun about Rapport

"BOOOOOOOO"

"I'm taking a sticker back"

'You treat your audience like children in a preschool'

'Well IF THEY'RE GOING TO ACT LIKE IT'

As someone that didn't listen to the Pete Holmes episode due to, ya know, screaming, this has been fun listening to these clips of that episode.

• Like 5

The only complaint that I have is that under 'best audience abuse' one of the contenders wasn't from Deep Blue Sea. This exchange killed me:

Guy makes bad pun about Rapport

"BOOOOOOOO"

"I'm taking a sticker back"

'You treat your audience like children in a preschool'

'Well IF THEY'RE GOING TO ACT LIKE IT'

As someone that didn't listen to the Pete Holmes episode due to, ya know, screaming, this has been fun listening to these clips of that episode.

Oh yeah, I loved that one.

I also loved how, I think it was Jason said after the clip of the penis bit, "do you see what we mean" (or something to that effect). June wasn't there for that ep, so I think they are like, "See? We told you there was screaming." (Be cool! She doesn't listen to the podcast!)

• Like 1

I was so happy to hear the Cillian Murphy story brought back. That story is insane and I love it so much.

• Like 3

and june what are you wearing? in my mind she's all dressed up in oscer best.

22yptw.jpg

and she looks fabulous!!!!

June if things don't work out well with paul scheer you can always move to Edmonton Alberta with me. You'll love it here.

• Like 2

I think it's been a pretty crazy year for everyone, and I would also like to extended my sincere thanks to everyone involved with making HDTGM. It's been a welcome (and much needed) distraction in a year where it felt like the whole world had turned upside down. So, thank you!

bowie-clapping-gif.gif

• Like 6

I think it's been a pretty crazy year for everyone, and I would also like to extended my sincere thanks to everyone involved with making HDTGM. It's been a welcome (and much needed) distraction in a year where it felt like the whole world had turned upside down. So, thank you!

tumblr_o4s8kiYuab1v93l42o1_500.gif

I echo what Cameron said. Thanks to everyone.

• Like 4

I hope they never explain the context of that voicemail to Pete Holmes. Because it's a thing of beauty in a vacuum.

I was so happy to hear the Cillian Murphy story brought back. That story is insane and I love it so much.

I watched Sunshine a month or two ago. I'm pretty sure I have a weird thing for Cillian Murphy now.

• Like 4

The volume difference between the in-studio and live stuff is REALLY drastic. I had it playing over my sound bar while I was cooking, and I couldn't hear half the live eps (but the studio segments were already really loud).

• Like 1

I sure hope on the mini episode we respect the actors we lost this year like in the Oscars.

STEVEN SAULGAL

1zgq4d5.jpg

I will have more to say later, right now I am at my parents' for Christmas. But I wanted to address one GLARING issue now.

Obviously there was a huge miscarriage of justice today. I am not sure how it happened, but I think we all need to reflect and take stock so that we never bring this shame to HDTGM, Earwolf and the world again. I am talking, of course, about the fact that Nicole Byer doesn't have a Howdy, yet they are heaping them on white, male Pete Holmes. Clearly, the "weirdos" have infiltrated the voting process somehow--possibly through the Bb8 that roams around June and Paul's home. (I don't want to get into what it's true mission is, but here is a teaser: white supremacy.)

#howdysSoWhite #NicoleWasRobbed

As for Jason, hey that's what happens when you don't vote. This is a lesson for us all. Plus he's clearly been phoning it in for the last few years. I'm glad I am not the Jason for my group.

Yeah, I figured her "How's Yo DIIIIIIICK?!" was a slam dunk. That was disappointing.

The revelation that Jason didn't even vote, however, was not. Laughed my ass off at that bit.

• Like 1

and june what are you wearing? in my mind she's all dressed up in oscer best.

22yptw.jpg

and she looks fabulous!!!!

June if things don't work out well with paul scheer you can always move to Edmonton Alberta with me. You'll love it here.

Holy shit, I was picturing her in a red dress too! WHAT MATTER OF FUCKERY IS THIS?!

And of course, Jason is in an all-white tux, and Paul is wearing a tux t-shirt.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this