🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 119 — Andi Callahan, RN

They say laughter is the best medicine. If that is the case, take out your IV and put it your earbuds because we have a great new episode of Comedy Bang Bang for you! We have two first time guests: Gillian Jacobs and Andi Callahan. We all know Gillian from NBC's Community and if you aren't a fan of Andi yet, you will be once you hear his hilarious tales of working as a nurse. The laughs just keep coming this week, so protect your funny bone and get me 119 CCs of CBB, stat!

I haven't actually listened yet, but I would just like to say how happy I am to have a new Andy Daly episode, because he is a genius and my favorite.

Andy Daly was great as ever. Really enjoyed Gillian Jacobs as well, she was fun for the straight part of the interview and worked very well as the co-host, she added a lot herself and was funny when she was challenging Scott's questions.

Is it ever going to stop being funny when an Andy Daly character reveals he's going to kill himself? I can just hear them working towards it each time, it's so predictable and yet so delightful when they get there.

gillian jacobs is adorable and funny. so great when people exceed your expectations. glad we got the chance to hear her out of character. cant wait for the chevy chase episode! im sure he would be just as warm and generous an interviewee as he is legendarily as an actor .

Great episode! I'm happy to hear that a new episode of Analyze Phish will be arriving sooner than later.

Amazing episode. Daly just never disappoints. And Gillian was a fantastic guest. She had a very natural funny. And props to superfan Julia Hays for the plugs theme!

@Gym Sockerman : Superfan AND new member of the Earwolf team! If you haven't caught her blogs yet, go do so now! Her Kevin Nealon interview in particular is great.

I hope Gillian becomes a regular guest, because she fit in extremely well from start to finish. Andy Daly cannot be topped when it comes to the character improvs. I don't know what this says about me, but I'm actually relieved every time the suicidal streak remains intact, just under the wire at the end of his interviews. Can't wait for Andi to return as the all-seeing dragon! Best plug theme so far, too! Now, more than ever, we cannot forget "What's Up, Hot Dog?" and I don't think any of the other themes address this. It is the reason for the plugs season.

@Caroline Anderson: Oh, thanks for the heads up. That Nealon interview was a great read. Congrats Julia, well-earned!

I firmly believe that Andy Daly is the funniest person on Earth, So, every time he is on CBB I get excited. He kills it again on this episode. Gillian Jacobs was also fantastic

• Like 1

"Obviously I am dragon..." left me in tears of laughter.

Fantastic episode and it was awesome for Gillian Jacobs to be on this as I love Community. Next up CBB needs Joel McHale.

@Jefro:
I lose my shit every time one of Andy Daly's characters mentions suicide. My first CDR episode was the PFT, Todd Glass, Andy Daly episode where Daly was playing the pretzel maker from Dusseldorf. I have a Pavlovian response every time on of Andy's characters contemplates suicide.

I was waiting with baited breath for the moment Andy's new character vowed to kill himself. At first I was like "no way Andi Callahan is suicidal. He has such joi de vivre!" But I was pleasantly surprised, as were, I think, we all to discover that he too desired to end his life in a violent fashion. And in a knife fight, no less.

Clarence the angel will have his work cut out for him.

Everyone's right about Andy Daly; and even though all the characters have a similar bent (fairly mundane or lighthearted job with a horrific dark side), he still makes each new one fresh. My favorite thing about Callahan is how he would mutter over things:

"I only take Valium, and sometimes Percocet... and other things. But you know, I don't do drugs."

Also, for everyone's edification, a harp has 46 or 47 strings.

Gillian was great, please have her back again! And Andy Daly, as always, knocks another one out of the park! This podcast is the best because it always finds a way to be very entertaining. Whether it's just chatting with someone about their career/upcoming projects or diving deep into a ridiculous character. It's always entertaining to me, I've never complained about an episode and I don't think I ever will. Scott runs a fantastic show and it's exactly what I want to hear. So I thank the world famous Scottabot for the excellent free entertainment every week and I will donate money whenever I can, because I don't want it to end. And I'll see you guys at the movies.

If I ever win a Nobel Prize I am going to start the speech with "Obviously, I am a dragon."

Would love to hear "trying a heat cure" to the tune of "taking a plane break"

Sign in to follow this