🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 92 - Boise, Idaho: Live from Now Hear This Festival (w/ Kulap Vilaysack, Howard Kremer, Dan Ahdoot, Tawny Newsome, Drew Tarver)

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes the Anaheim audience to Spontaneanation, recorded in front of a LIVE audience at The Now Hear This Festival! This week, Paul’s special guests are Kulap Vilaysack and Howard Kremer of Who Charted! They chat about the first joke they laughed at, Howard trying to write a Polish joke when he started doing stand-up because he thought his dad would like it, and Kulap reading the Encyclopedia as a child for fun. Paul is then joined by his Bajillion Dollar Propertie$ co-stars Dan Ahdoot, Tawny Newsome, and Drew Tarver to improvise a story set in Boise, Idaho. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

LOS ANGELES! Spontaneanation records its 100th episode LIVE at Largo on Saturday, January 7th! Be there for boring your future grandchildren purposes! Tickets: bit.ly/SPONT100

Paul talking about Neil deGrasse Tyson in the monologue was the best

• Like 1

As it does every time he appears on Who Charted, Paul's knowledge of the show paid off big-time here. Loved the interview and Howard and Kulap's cameos in the improv. The joke book thing is one of those instances where sort of breaking the rules of improv winds up being way funnier than doing something more straight-forward.

Too bad the microphones didn't pick up my startled "Oh damn!" from the audience when Paul announced the improv location. Yeah, I was there, and I'm from Boise. We do actually have Fantastic Sams, but everything else was spot on. We are scared Satanists.

Also, when Paul was talking about what a waste of time going to Mars would be, a lot of the crowd reaction was to Howard smiling and nodding. His feelings on Space are well known to Chartists.

Sign in to follow this