🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Best of 2016 Pt. 4

Finally, the conclusion of the Best of Comedy Bang! Bang! 2016 countdown with special co-host Paul F. Tompkins is here with your Top 3 episodes of the entire year and your number 1 on the Best of CBB Live 2016. Thanks for listening and Happy New Year!

i'm at no. 3 right now..

if Ryan Gaul doesn't make the god damn list im gonna flip my shit!!!!

homie should have atleast got a clip tribute like Gino did last year

i have a feeling im going to be upset.. we'll see

• Like 3

I love the CBB community. Their selection for the best live episode reaffirmed my faith in humanity.

Interesting thing is that of the standard podcast episodes for the year, no episodes from July or August made the list. Which is a shame because #441: "Your Cousin Marvin" from August definitely should have made the list just based on Lenny the Loner.

• Like 2

Thank you, Scott and Paul! Thank you, July Diaz and everyone at Earwolf! Thanks, ants!

• Like 5

A George Michael reference! The CBB Bump/CBB Curse is real!!!

Have you listened to Who Charted yet? Not only is he discussed, but someone (Howard, I think) actually asks if he and Andrew Ridgeley are both still alive.

I had forgotten about the Hollywood Facts theme performances on last year's holiday episode, so good.

• Like 4

I was waiting for the PFT passive-aggressiveness when Tommy Middle D would be #1 instead of him. Can't beat our golden boy! I do appreciate all Paul does for the show but Thomas is a treat I and many others are always chomping at the bit for. Paul's funny in a sarcastic, analytical breakdown of Scottisms and premises kind of way and Thomas is just pure ecstatic comedic whackiness. We need an ep. with both of them so it can be #1 next year!

I was waiting for the PFT passive-aggressiveness when Tommy Middle D would be #1 instead of him. Can't beat our golden boy! I do appreciate all Paul does for the show but Thomas is a treat I and many others are always chomping at the bit for. Paul's funny in a sarcastic, analytical breakdown of Scottisms and premises kind of way and Thomas is just pure ecstatic comedic whackiness. We need an ep. with both of them so it can be #1 next year!

You're Thomas Middlepitch aren't you?

• Like 2

Snubs/flubs? I was really hoping Government Pizza and It's Great didn't make the list. Also I'm surprised Shut the Fuck Door! isn't on there either. But super happy with the list overall.

• Like 1

There will never come a time when a Donny Gary song doesn't make me laugh

• Like 3

PFT knows that not doing his old school characters like Cake Boss (cake boss) or Werner Herzog more often hindered his ability to reach #1 this year.

Great eps that didn't make the list:

407 and 449 with the Bajillion crew (Really surprised neither made it)

403 with Scott, Baltz and Ahdoot (Outrage this didn't make it)

442 with Ming and Daly

443 with Scott, Hines and McKenna

448 with Gaul and Gemberlicking

460 with Weirdo Al, Gaul, Rowley and Tarver (Or was this after voting had opened?)

• Like 1

I wish there had been a b-b-b-bonus clip of Maxwell Keeper destroying in Boston, that live ep really deserved more consideration by the voters. Curse you, the voters.

• Like 1

Very pleased with the amount of Claudia O'Doherty and Tommy MIDIfile on the countdown, but I must concur there were some snubs and, dare I say, flubs this year.

Some of my personal fave eps not represented, in no particular order:

The Timeys Leap Year Celebration, Your Cousin Marvin & You Know John Leguizamo - Neil Campbell is king!!

The Longest Pig Pile & Pop-Tartender - GINO plus mercilessly mocking Todd Glass and a great Brian Huskey charac

Hair Take It - Fuck tha haters Cameron & Rhea are amazing and this ep was wall-to-wall riffing. Touch 'em all.

Get Donk'd & Prayer Orgy - Two decent eps with good first-timer interviews up front & good improv in the back half

Shut the Fuck Door!, Nasty Lyrics, Master of Horror, The 3 Year Diet, Wisconsin Sugar Babies, Government Pizza, Persons of Interest & This Ain't Now, This is Then - The Bajillion Dollar crew consistently killed it this year, especially Ryan Gaul, Tim Baltz and Drew Tarver

Doubt About That - dick doubt!

The Intern Challenge & The Holiday Womptacular - I miss Wompler & Listler :(

Other random moments:

Brett Gelman's tirade from Ghost Pets are Liars, Jarles' drop-in during Wishing with The Grawlix, The Apple Tree song, the return of the Washington Monugents and the Monster Fuck freestyle rap reprisal (also started listening to Doughboys this year, which made it all the more magical).

As the Hulk might say, this was a Banner year for CBB.

• Like 2

Love Scott and Paul to death, but the earlier discussion about the alt right and now joking about trigger warnings? Also Scott has told jokes about John Travolta's dead son and obviously had some questionable (albeit hilarious) moments on the show throughout its lifetime. I mean the N-word and kike has been said many a time. Also Pepe The Frog is only part of the alt right as a representation of a depressed loser troll, and hardly a mascot. Maybe it's just because I'm not a ultra left liberal but it seems like they maybe voted for Hillary (or were pressured by Hollywood supporting her) and now are going extreme in the other direction due to the unfortunate election of Trump into our presidency. I've met them both, incredibly nice and amazing people, but I could do without politics banter. I'll get roasted by fellow earwolf fans here, but whatever.

Or you could just lighten up a bit, Rocknrolluhhmusic.

Damn, really happy Scott put in the Apple Tree song as a bonus. That shit deserves a medal. Too good. And hopefully we get more Glass on the show next year. Those eps are always gold imo cause Scott and him are amazing together.

Can't wait for the next episode! Benny, Scott and Sanz ALWAYS kill it

• Like 2

Love Scott and Paul to death, but the earlier discussion about the alt right and now joking about trigger warnings? Also Scott has told jokes about John Travolta's dead son and obviously had some questionable (albeit hilarious) moments on the show throughout its lifetime. I mean the N-word and kike has been said many a time. Also Pepe The Frog is only part of the alt right as a representation of a depressed loser troll, and hardly a mascot. Maybe it's just because I'm not a ultra left liberal but it seems like they maybe voted for Hillary (or were pressured by Hollywood supporting her) and now are going extreme in the other direction due to the unfortunate election of Trump into our presidency. I've met them both, incredibly nice and amazing people, but I could do without politics banter. I'll get roasted by fellow earwolf fans here, but whatever.

Key word is joking

• Like 1

Actually super surprised Big Chunky Bubbles didn't make the cut. I've listened to that episode so many times now and it still gets me.

• Like 1

I think this was the most out of sync the 'best of' has been with my choices. I put the blame entirely on the very year! But I loved the inclusion of the live episodes(paying for podcasts is a rabbit hole I can't go down).

Next year instead of listening to the shows as they come out I'm going to wait until they're all out and marathon them. I wonder if I'll go as loopy as Scott and Paul...

• Like 3

Actually super surprised Big Chunky Bubbles didn't make the cut. I've listened to that episode so many times now and it still gets me.

I think Big Chunky Bubbles was the break out star of 2016. The live ep where he read the letter from the theater critic is one of the funniest things in the history of the show.

• Like 1

I've been catching up from episode one for the past 18 months, and I just finally made it so that this was the first new episode I've listened to since I started, and just before the end of the year. It's been a really incredibly fun journey, and I'm already a bit sad that I don't have any more backlog to get through. Time to get started on With Special Guest and I4H. Thanks for everything, everyone involved, CBB has really brightened up my life on a week to week basis. See you all in 2017!

• Like 1