🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
HotSaucerman

I Just Noticed The Paywall for CBB is Finally Up.

Episodes older than 6 months are gone from Soundcloud. That's pretty sad, in my opinion. I jumped onto CBB a few years ago, then had a great time going through the back catalog and listening my way up through those episodes and learning all these characters and recurring jokes. I feel bad for anybody just starting to get into CBB or just wants to try it out. No Time Bobby's for you. No Cake Boss(cakeboss) or Don Dimello or Huell Howser. No Marissa Wompler, so why would you even bother listening to Womp it Up? You wanna hear Bob Ducca sing Wrecking Ball? Pay up. OH! But you don't even know who Bob Ducca is, do ya, new listener?

• Like 1

Maybe it's just me but for me I don't mind compensating Scott a little bit for almost 8 years of laughs. I think the fact that I still actually want to go back and listen to the classics is a testament to the quality 'tent he's churned out of his butt.

• Like 2

Maybe it's just me but for me I don't mind compensating Scott a little bit for almost 8 years of laughs. I think the fact that I still actually want to go back and listen to the classics is a testament to the quality 'tent he's churned out of his butt.

Well said, and nice intro to your thought.

I agree. These guys aren't running a charity. Sure, there's sponsor money coming in, but every bit from the listeners helps. How else can Scott fuel his steroid habit?

Maybe it's just me but for me I don't mind compensating Scott a little bit for almost 8 years of laughs.

Me, neither. Don't see why something had to be taken away, though. Adding Premium and Live Eps were more than enough of a reason to support Howl. The archives going away for new listeners is sad. Whole reason I got into the show was 'cause I could go back to old eps like Dalton Wilcox's first appearance.

• Like 1

I do agree with the paywall, but it would be nice if all of 2016 was available for new listeners. Only six months cuts out both episode 400 and the anniversary show. Those are two the neophytes should be able to access.

I do agree with the paywall, but it would be nice if all of 2016 was available for new listeners. Only six months cuts out both episode 400 and the anniversary show. Those are two the neophytes should be able to access.

Per the CEO note in the General Earwolf forum, it sounds like some older episodes will remain free, and these seem like logical candidates.

It doesn't matter now for this year, but I do think that every episode that eligible for the next Best-Of should be available at any given time (or at least for the voting period). It's already naturally skewed toward more recent episodes, and it seems like that will get worse if most of the listeners can't even half of the eligible episodes.

• Like 2

I was in the middle of catching up to the current podcast when this all happened, I am fine throwing some money out (i think CBB deserves it) but I have no idea where to buy... I see a few special and live episodes for sale, but where is everything else? I would gladly pay a flat fee for each year of content -- or is it only special episodes that exist now?

I was in the middle of catching up to the current podcast when this all happened, I am fine throwing some money out (i think CBB deserves it) but I have no idea where to buy... I see a few special and live episodes for sale, but where is everything else? I would gladly pay a flat fee for each year of content -- or is it only special episodes that exist now?

Hey there! All of CBB and tons of other Earwolf shows, original shows, comedy albums and more are available on Howl. You can get the app for iOS or Android and sign up there. Or go to the website, Howl.fm and sign up there.

Please email me at support@howl.fm if you have any other questions